Rental car clarification - Maui & Honolulu

suziqz007

Getting ready to book rental cars online (Avis) and from what I can tell, Carnival docks at Kahului in Maui. If true, is the airport the best/closet location to reserve a rental car?

Ame question for Honolulu...is the airport close to the dock or is there a better alternative?

Thx...

Getting ready to book rental cars online (Avis) and from what I can tell, Carnival docks at Kahului in Maui. If true, is the airport the best/closet location to reserve a rental car?

Ame question for Honolulu...is the airport close to the dock or is there a better alternative?

Thx...

All of the rental car agencies have free shuttles from the dock.

The airport is several miles from the port in Honolulu ... you can use a paid shuttle like VIP transport, or a cab, or if you rent a car in Honolulu, their shuttles will take you to the Pier.

Suggest looking at Discount Hawaii Car Rental to see the shuttle details, and also to get an online quote. They are a reputable business in Hawaii that deals with all of the major car rental agencies there. Click on link for the island and port on that page - it will show the shuttle arrangements for each "brand" - when you click on the brand to get a quote, it takes you directly to the rental agency's website.

Edited by Susan-M

Thanks so much for your reply...I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I have several rental location choices in each city from which to choose to reserve. My question is: should I reserve at the airport in both Maui (Kahului) and Honolulu? I'm trying to avoid being shuttled to a location where I don't have a reservation.

I hope that makes sense! :)

I am pretty sure that if you are going into Lahaina you would not want to rent at airport (OGG), but I think that I have read that you would use West Maui. Might want to repost your question differently, simply phrasing it about Lahaina rental. Since we have never rented cars in HI, I am sorry that I can't be more specific.

I just know Lahaina is a long way (island wise) from main airport.