Corfu Excursion - Celebrity Cruise

Travel luv

I'm seeking reviews for any of you who have taken Celebrity's Paleokastrita, Lakones, and Wine excursion.

I'm trying to decide on rather to use Corfu Taxi tours for a four hour tour or take the above which would save me about $100. They are both four hours long.

Thanks

If you are thinking of touring with Dimitrius at Corfu Private Taxis then get in your reservation. We saw the whole island in the 5 hour tour that we did. We had his sister take us around and we enjoyed our time with her. I would highly recommend them. They can take you into the little towns whereas the buses can't. You got a true feeling of living on Corfu. Everything was beautiful and the scenery is breathtaking. Photos can't capture the beauty.

Don't do the cruise line - people at our table were disappointed and at dinner every night were interested to hear what we did.

For two people the taxi tour just seems expensive. But I don't like the sound of the ships tour either. There are no reviews of the ships tours for Corfu so that made me think they weren't all that great.

I've sent an email to Corfu taxis. If a couple might be interested in joining us please let me know here. I'm thinking just a general scenic coastal tour. I'll post details when they reply.

I just don't want to deal with driving and knowing where to drive. Do too much of that for work. Plus the driver doesn't get the same wow factor

I thought I'd posted on our roll call. Oops. :p

Edited by Pushka
z

Well I have a different take on it……

On our very first Med cruise (we only booked a few weeks out) we didn't have a lot of time to research and plan. So I booked quite a few ship tours.

Corfu was one we really enjoyed.

We went to the monastery, a small fishing village, and back to Corfu town. All along the way we went thru some other small villages in the mountains (the bus JUST fit thru some of those tight spots !) We had plenty of time in each place and a wonderful lunch in the fishing village by the sea. Included in the price of course. The owner even did some traditional Greek dances for us.

We have been back to Europe 4 times since our first trip and have another booked next spring. We do a lot of DIY and private tours now but I have to say we feel we got our moneys worth with the ships tours we used on that very first cruise.

So for those who want "easy" and don't want to spend the money for private tours - go for it.

** as a side note: there are some places where the private tours are cheaper than the ships tours so do your research and compare.

I've sent an email to Corfu taxis. If a couple might be interested in joining us please let me know here. I'm thinking just a general scenic coastal tour. I'll post details when they reply.

Hi Pushka,

When are you traveling? I haven't quite decided, but I'm leaning toward the private tour.