Allure - central park balcony or ocean view balcony - which do I choose?!?

I have 12649 overlooking Central Park, or 7304 ocean view.

I have had a balcony before and liked it but am intrigued by the CP. I Stayed away from Boardwalk balcony as i am with my 74 year old mom who would likely find it too loud.

Any thoughts on helping me decide? Would love to hear your experiences. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have 12649 overlooking Central Park, or 7304 ocean view.

I have had a balcony before and liked it but am intrigued by the CP. I Stayed away from Boardwalk balcony as i am with my 74 year old mom who would likely find it too loud.

Any thoughts on helping me decide? Would love to hear your experiences. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We tried an interior balcony on one of our cruises and we did not care for it at all. We discovered that we want a view to include the ocean passing by.

Ocean view for us. There are little enough ocean views from the ship as it is.

Thank you! I think you and I might be the only ones who feel like this. :o I have expressed similar views here before and really got raked over the coals for it!

OP, ocean view balcony for us as well. We love to "see the sea". The neighborhoods on Oasis class are focused inward. While Central Park is lovely, it's absolutely not what I want to look at on my cruise for seven nights. We love the peace and tranquility of the ocean, the sights and smells, the sound of the waves... it's wonderful. :)

We booked a Central Park balcony for our upcoming cruise on Oasis. Sailed on Oasis last Jan. And had a Boardwalk balcony which was great esp. Since you can still see the Ocean, although it is an obstructed view, and we could watch the diving/water show from our balcony. We didn't notice any noise when our balcony door was shut but we did have the T.V. On most of the time in the cabin until we went to sleep. This time we are paying for two rooms so since the CP balcony cabin was cheaper we went with it. The ocean view balconies on Oasis class ships are very expensive. If I could justify the cost I would still do an ocean view balcony as we have done with previous 5 or 6 cruises. But there is so much to do on the Oasis didn't miss it that much.

I know you said no boardwalk balcony, but I personally think it's the best room onboard with the best of both worlds - beautiful ocean views + people watching and the feeling that you're part of the fun! I'm extremely sensitive to noise and there was no noise at night after the show in the aqua theater was over. And like another poster wrote, the room is really quiet with the door closed. We watched our favorite parts of the show from our balcony and even got to watch the performers practice. This was our first time without an ocean view balcony and we absolutely loved it! We spent more time on the balcony than ever in the past.

We are balcony people but when we booked a cruise on Oasis during her inaugural season, I talked my wife into trying one of the new Central Park balconies. There are two reasons why we will not book another "interior" balcony on Oasis or Allure. The primary reason is that we missed watching the ocean. The ships are so big and so stable that, with no visual feedback, it is possible to think that you are not even moving.

The other reason that we did not like the CP Balcony is the lack of privacy. When we are in a traditional balcony, we only close our drapes when we are in port. You cannot do that in a CP Balcony. Being in on of those is like being in an apartment building with a neighboring one facing your room from across a 60-foot courtyard.

Edited by Gazelle2
grammar

You can see the ocean all day up top. That is where your at most of the day any way. But the inside is great too. Good place to be alone when you want to. Quiet and not windy either and is nice when its cool outside. However we do prefer the outside for the sound of the waves and fresh air. The only thing wrong is we haven't seen any ufo's at night.....................RADICAL

Easy choice for us, we're on a cruise and like to see the water. Those that say you can go up top to see the water, well you can go to central park to see that.

"People Watching" would not make our list of reasons to cruise or vacation. We get more than enough of that in the airports.

Edited by bouhunter

Easy choice for us, we're on a cruise and like to see the water. Those that say you can go up top to see the water, well you can go to central park to see that.

"People Watching" would not make our list of reasons to cruise or vacation. We get more than enough of that in the airports.

As cruisers who always book a Superior Ocean View Balcony...we'd have to agree. :)

We took a far aft bw view hoping to get a nice variety, we can see the ocean, the BW and the aqua-theater. I know it wasn't what you wanted but we're hoping it works out good. If that hadn't been available we would have preferred ocean view.

We took a different approach. We decided to try a CP balcony since there are only 2 ships that offer the option. I love an ocean view but the CP view was a nice change. It is beautiful at night.

This was my logic for our upcoming Oasis cruise. This may be the only opportunity for us to experience this type of cabin.

We did CP balcony on Allure once, and it was fine just for the experience. The balcony was large and nice to sit out on, but you couldn't see the ocean and that was kind of weird.

Having done it once, that was enough and ocean view is what we will book from now on.