best balcony room on Star Princess

konalee

The balconies on Caribe deck are the largest ones on the ship, about 9' x 9' and half-covered/half-uncovered. I'd try for something on that deck. On that class ship, I prefer being toward the aft as it's closer to the buffet/dining rooms and aft pool, and the cabins aft of the aft elevator lobby are generally quiet with less corridor traffic. And, while the midships cabins on Caribe are premium-price categories, the ones toward the aft and forward on that deck aren't, and so are relative bargains considering you get the bigger balcony than on the other decks.

I would have to agree Caribe aft. We love it back there. C742 and C743 have even bigger balconies since they're at the very back. The have an extra little 'corner' so the railing is a third again as long as a normal Caribe balcony.

IMG_0200.jpg.e195cfb210159e54fc5962f926b2d313.jpg

Gotta go with that. Best balconies on the ship. Big, covered, who could ask for more on an Alaska cruise?

If memory serves me correctly, Emerald mini balconies are the same size as standard balcony (non- Caribe) balconies. Fully covered. but not the larger sized balconies of the Caribe deck.

I would go for the Caribe balcony in the 700s as my first choice.

Emerald deck mini suites, fully covered. ;)

agreed - we think the emerald aft mini's are the best! I always go for those - we have them booked for 2 upcoming sailings out of San Francisco - so roomy and great balcony views. The last 2 aft cabins on each side definilty have larger balconies that extend toward the back of the ship and curve in giving awesome views - so great! These cabins usually get grabbed fast.

Edited by califgary

I just booked the last aft cabin on the Emerald starboard side of the Star for an October cruise. I upgraded myself for the extra cabin space plus my husband prefers covered balconies. I now have a concern that perhaps someone here could help me with if you've had experience with it before.

Since starboard is the allowed smoking side on Promenade deck, what are the chances of the smoke/smell drifting upwards to our balcony on Emerald deck from those who may be smoking toward the aft of the ship. It's only one deck below us. And please, don't say we wouldn't smell it because there are times we have smelled cigarette smoke on our Carribe deck even though it is not allowed anywhere on the balconies. Somewhere, below us or above us someone was (illegally) smoking.:rolleyes: It's just annoying but not something I would bother to report.

I just booked the last aft cabin on the Emerald starboard side of the Star for an October cruise. I upgraded myself for the extra cabin space plus my husband prefers covered balconies. I now have a concern that perhaps someone here could help me with if you've had experience with it before.

Since starboard is the allowed smoking side on Promenade deck, what are the chances of the smoke/smell drifting upwards to our balcony on Emerald deck from those who may be smoking toward the aft of the ship. It's only one deck below us. And please, don't say we wouldn't smell it because there are times we have smelled cigarette smoke on our Carribe deck even though it is not allowed anywhere on the balconies. Somewhere, below us or above us someone was (illegally) smoking.:rolleyes: It's just annoying but not something I would bother to report.

We have cruise in 719 and 723 on E deck on the Grand and the Star and have never smelled any smoke, I also hate to smell that evil stinking smoke and have a very sensitive "nose" when it comes to any kind of cigarette or other smoke. I don't believe you have anything to worry about, enjoy your cruise.

This was our first time being on the Caribe deck and we really liked it. On our upcoming cruise in October, we booked the Caribe again and this time we are aft instead of midship. Stay away from the Aloha deck as you will be right under the Lido deck. Noise from MUTS (movies under the stars), and hearing people walking on the deck and moving chairs. It was suppose to be an upgrade - but it wasn't, it was a downgrade, learned our lesson.

If memory serves me correctly, Emerald mini balconies are the same size as standard balcony (non- Caribe) balconies. Fully covered. but not the larger sized balconies of the Caribe deck.

I would go for the Caribe balcony in the 700s as my first choice.

I looked at those balconies while on the Star last month and they are large as you would expect of a mini and covered.
The Emerald deck minis and the Dolphin deck minis have 7' deep by 9' wide balconies. Standard balcony cabins are 5' deep by 9' wide and Caribe deck balconies are 9' deep by 9' wide. We had C743 on the Star and enjoyed the extra space with the notch to the aft :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser