Edinburgh. Does I provide a shuttle?

pacheco18

We were in Edinburgh last August on Marina. There are a number of places that the ship can dock, so perhaps it doesn't matter what we experienced. We docked in South Queensferry, which is not the most convenient place in the world. I had a ride into Edinburgh so didn't use it, but someone told me a shuttle was available there. It really depends, I think, upon where you end up docking and perhaps even on the particular day of docking. Of course, from South Queensferry there is a commuter train that's useful if you don't want to pay for a taxi.

We were in Edinburgh last August on Marina. There are a number of places that the ship can dock, so perhaps it doesn't matter what we experienced. We docked in South Queensferry, which is not the most convenient place in the world. I had a ride into Edinburgh so didn't use it, but someone told me a shuttle was available there. It really depends, I think, upon where you end up docking and perhaps even on the particular day of docking. Of course, from South Queensferry there is a commuter train that's useful if you don't want to pay for a taxi.

Ruth & I were on the same cruise. We had a private guide picking us up so didn't use a shuttle either. I seem to recall that as we got off the ship, there was someone hawking a fairly inexpensive shuttle into Edinburgh. I don't think O or the port provided a free one. Years ago when we docked in Leith, we took a public bus into Edinburgh. Got off at a Tourist information building. Picked up the HOHO there. For best transportation options, you might check the Ports section and search on the place where you are docking. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...