Wedding Bouquet Help, Please

Laurie S.

I'm trying to pick out a wedding bouquet that would survive the cruise and multiple flights for our beach wedding on Fiji. I've found this one on eBay, but now I can't decide between the pink flowers and the white ones. My dress will be white with silver beading. Opinions, please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANDMADE-Bride-Wedding-Bouquet-Flower-Teardrop-Posy-Medium-White-Pink-Lily-Rose-/261431983479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cde8f7d77

I'm trying to pick out a wedding bouquet that would survive the cruise and multiple flights for our beach wedding on Fiji. I've found this one on eBay, but now I can't decide between the pink flowers and the white ones. My dress will be white with silver beading. Opinions, please?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANDMADE-Bride-Wedding-Bouquet-Flower-Teardrop-Posy-Medium-White-Pink-Lily-Rose-/261431983479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cde8f7d77

My honest opinion?

Personally, as an avid gardner, I'm not a fan of artificial flowers. And getting married in Fiji, surrounded by all the beautiful tropical flora, with an artificial bouquet in hand, just feels wrong.

My advice? Have your venue/wedding planner arrange for a bouquet of local, REAL flowers. Sure, you probably won't be able to keep the bouquet afterwards, but on the day, you will have something that is truly reflective of the beautiful surroundings.

I agree with Twickenham, your bouquet should be real flowers from the area where you are getting married.

If you absolutely MUST have artificial flowers to take home with you for some reason, I'd think about adding some high-quality artificial flowers to (perhaps) a table arrangement or similar. Artificials that are similar to the native flowers. Possibly the hotel concierge could help you.

I just googled Fiji florist and found several. Here's one link to wedding flowers

http://www.maroiflowers.com/Weddings.htm

http://www.maroiflowers.com/Wedding%20Products.htm

Edited by CowPrincess

The other reason for bringing a bouquet is that I know someone who just renewed their vows at the same resort and the only reason they had a bouquet was the wife brought one. I won't be taking any of it home, including the dress, because we'll be jumping in the ocean afterwards. I might cut the beading off and bring that back, however.

Another non-fan of artificial bouquets. What about carrying something other than flowers? Feathers, a fan, sparklers ;-), rosary or prayer book as appropriate (not my thing),

Hot-Pink-Wedding0038.jpg

I would love something like this with family costume jewelry (actually, I have a mounted christmas tree one of my great aunts made from my great-grandmother's jewelry) BroochBouquet3.jpg

Oooh, this is fun! Faux pearl garlands/sprays pearl-Bouquet2.jpg

Feathers images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTco-huGZj3-eKd_HqnPpPnnnKPEwwTrwRwPYHVZjNtfPuH5CCwCA

TONS of ideas if you google non-floral bouquet:p

I found a beautiful Maggie Sotero dress that I loved, but the cost for the dress here in Tucson was $1,300. I just couldn't justify that for a one-day wearing on the beach and in the water. So, I ordered a copy from Izidresses. With custom measurements, it will be $200. I'm hoping it will be one of the good dresses they make, and not one of the disasters that I've seen. I'll find the link again, it's in my thread about buying from Izidresses.com.

Congrats on the flowers decision, Laurie! I'm so glad it worked out. When I got married in Jamaica at an all inclusive, the wedding package included the bouquet so I didn't need to worry. Sounds like you got yourself a good wedding planner.

I can't remember what your dress looks like so looking forward to you posting another picture. I sure hope the real thing turns out perfect! Keep us posted!

Absolutely stunning! You will be drop-dead gorgeous!

Thanks for turning me on to this website. I can let my friends and clients know all about it. Too bad I didn't know it existed before I dropped almost $400 on DD's prom dress...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty, and I love that site! I'm not in the market but there are some gorgeous Mother of the Bride dresses that are not too matronly - they are young and fresh and beautiful.

Laurie, all the best for a wonderful wedding and an even more incredible marriage. :)