RCCL Shuttle In Mykonos

DEL67

What shuttle? You tender right into the port & town. As soon as you walk into town from the tender, turn right & stay right, which will lead you to Little Venice. Lots of restaurants & views. We learned about the short cut on the way back to the ship/port, after walking thru town to get to the old wind mills.

We were just there on May 21st, the day of our 30th wedding adversary. :D

Thank you both.

It is my understanding that RCCL docks and you have to take a shuttle into town.

We plan to take the ferry to Delos. However. if the shuttle costs 10 Euros as it did in two years ago in Dubrovnic, we would probably be better off with a tour than going on our own.

Sorry, can't remember the price of the shuttle (with Royal Caribbean) but a local bus stops right by the port gates and costs less than half the price of the shuttle and drops you at the same place in town.

I was thinking it was free.

I have never known RCL to do a free shuttle in any of the Med ports we've visited with them. :rolleyes: The only free shuttles we've had whilst on RC cruises have been port shuttles and if the port don't do a free shuttle RC will do one - but charge you for it. In Mykonos it's either a paid-for RC shuttle or a local bus.

Thank you both.

It is my understanding that RCCL docks and you have to take a shuttle into town.

We plan to take the ferry to Delos. However. if the shuttle costs 10 Euros as it did in two years ago in Dubrovnic, we would probably be better off with a tour than going on our own.

Are we talking about the Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas?

Check out your specific cruise on-line. I still have a copy of my "Countdown To Cruise" on my wall. It specifically states "Tendered", which is what we did on May 21st.

Granted, if more than one ship visits Mykonos at the same time things can be different, but for us there was no shuttle, which was nice.

Here is a different thread on this subject:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1867219

Edited by Ron98GT

My understanding (from past visits to Mykonos) is that it is a tender port but it has one berth and the first ship in (or the only ship if there is only one in) gets to anchor.

Assuming you don't tender, the shuttle was 10 euros round-trip. And it drops you off a fair distance from town. While I hate to tender, at least then they drop you off right in the center of town.