HELP Emerald Princess Secret Deck locked?

Mekamax

Been hearing on here that the secret deck on the Emerald is now locked all the time since 2011. Can anyone that has gone recently please say it was open???

what deck was it on? forward or aft? We are sailing her in Feb. and if you don't find out before then, I will be sure to let you know.

what deck was it on? forward or aft? We are sailing her in Feb. and if you don't find out before then, I will be sure to let you know.

The OP is referring to the bridge wings forward on Lido deck accessible from doors on that deck.

Last time I was on her (2013), it was not accessible.

Got the reason as someone was tampering with equipment in the past, one rotten apple ruins it for the rest

Edited by M4dC0w

Been hearing on here that the secret deck on the Emerald is now locked all the time since 2011. Can anyone that has gone recently please say it was open???

A couple years ago, the PSD on emerald told me -- passengers had

fooled with some of the electronics in that area, and it is now

locked forever.

This also solves the problem of the forward suite passengers complaining

about people wandering around in their 'back yards'.

When it was just the suite passengers, I could approach the housekeeping

manager, and have him/her have someone unlock the door for me. But,

no longer.

Of course, none of this will stop posters here from recommending this

as a great area on Emerald for sail-away.

I thought I remember reading that this restriction was limited to the Emerald since the other Grand class ships didn't have this equipment accessible to passengers on the bridge wings. Does anyone know if this is correct?

I thought I remember reading that this restriction was limited to the Emerald since the other Grand class ships didn't have this equipment accessible to passengers on the bridge wings. Does anyone know if this is correct?

It was unlocked on the CB in February, 24 hours a day, in port or at sea.

On the Star the area above the bridge was open at times. Walk all the way forward on the Sun Deck. Assume it is the same on the Grand and Golden.

It was unlocked on the CB in February, 24 hours a day, in port or at sea.

On the Star the area above the bridge was open at times. Walk all the way forward on the Sun Deck. Assume it is the same on the Grand and Golden.

That's good to hear and hope it stays that way. Thanks for the replies.

We were only able to use the open deck over the bridge the first year the Emerald was in the Caribbean (2008?), and ever since then it's been locked. I was told by Captain Pomata that it was due to equipment being out there, but, honestly, I don't see a difference between the equipment the Emerald has there and what's on the other ships that do allow people to go out over the bridge. It's not captain-dependent; we've have 4 or 5 captains on the Emerald and it's not been available for passenger access.

The OP is referring to the bridge wings forward on Lido deck accessible from doors on that deck.

I believe that is the deck we are staying on and have the forward cabin L201, deck 15........glad I asked!!! I am looking forward to an answer or at the very least, checking it out ourselves:cool: