Web Site under maintenance: Can we hope for better?

C 2 C

I have been trying to make final payment I have currently been on the telephone 45 minutes my fourth attempt and cannot get through on-line. As payment is due tomorrow or they can cancel our booking are there any alternatives.

I went on yesterday and got the "Site under Maintenance" page. Checked this am and it was still the same so I cleared my browsing history and cookies for the last week and it works fine now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I had a boomark I kept trying to use, and it added some blather tho the end of http://www.celebritycruises.com/blather blather blather

I manually typed just http://www.celebritycruises.com without the extras and was able to get on and log in to my account. I didn't try to do anything fancy just that I was able to get in and see my reservations.

3 weeks trying to register. "Site under Construction" Today was up but after trying to register it did not show acceptance. Only reverted back to sign up window. So never know if accepted or not. Any one know to manually sign up for the CC Party?

I don't get it, but I downloaded Google Chrome for a browser and I got into the Celebrity site with all access. I normally use IE 11, Windows 7 and it worked just fine until two days ago, except I couldn't pull up deck plans.

Edited by sasset

Either clear your cache or use a different browser and it works fine. Trust me, I was on it today using a different browser. I can't wait to go cruising, 17 days and counting down!
I was on it today also but it stated that one or more items in my online reservations was not available. what does that mean. No I can't get on website. Can some one tell me what they mean by this I don't have anything in my cart.

Either clear your cache or use a different browser and it works fine. Trust me, I was on it today using a different browser. I can't wait to go cruising, 17 days and counting down!

"Private" browsing works for me as well. I hate to clear the cache and then have to reset all my passwords.

I agree...I was using Safari and receiving the dreaded message...then I tried opening the page with Chrome, and it worked. Give it a try if you encounter issues and don't want to clear the cache of your "go to" browser.

Shawn

What on earth is going on at Celebrity?

First their site is down...then I go to book and the price for the Oct 2nd sailing on the Constellation [been following this cruise for 5 days and three hours after last checking came home to book] and the price has jumped from $2098 to $6,398????? For the least expensive inside????

I called and consulted an agent and I was put on hold...15 minutes later and she never came back. Now I have called them three times and their system has a few announcements and then...Silence....and no one picks up!

So I try the "Let us call you!" box on the website...the phone immediately rings and I get the SAME announcements and then...Silence and no one picks up!

I've never sailed Celebrity...Maybe I never will....

HLR

I was just able to log in to my account using Firefox with no issue. Still "Under Maintenance" using Chrome.

While on Chrome clear all your browsing history for a week plus all your cookies. Unless you do your computer will keep loading bad links

Edited by Christine Frances

I have tried every way to access my booking for the past two weeks and I'm beginning to believe that the likelihood of me accessing my reservation is on the same level as a visit from the Upgrade Fairy. :-(

How do you make a booking with the chance of an upgrade? I asked the person on the phone in Guatemala??? and he did not understand what I wanted to do. I know on Princess it is a matter of ticking or unticking a box!

So, can someone let me know - is the site up and running yet?

I was on there yesterday to check something (haven't had a moment to go back, and don't have time now either) and it was under that dreaded "M" word.:eek:

I've tried to purchase OBC today. I can log in but as soon as I try to purchase something I might get the Maintenance page or it goes through to shopping basket. But on the next click - Maintenance. Sigh.

It's "under maintenance" today. But I tried to book a shore excursion yesterday. As soon as I chose the excursion I wanted and clicked "Book" - it brought me back to my reservation page. Is it because I didn't checked-in online yet or is it because of the "maintenance" issues?

It's "under maintenance" today. But I tried to book a shore excursion yesterday. As soon as I chose the excursion I wanted and clicked "Book" - it brought me back to my reservation page. Is it because I didn't checked-in online yet or is it because of the "maintenance" issues?

It's because it under maintenance. I have shore excursions booked for a cruise in late Sept and haven't even made final payment yet, and of course could not do online check in yet either.

Question: With the widespread report of website problems this week, has anyone talked to the folks at Corporate? Mr Bayley has some very good people on his staff, who work hard at communicating on customer service problems. I realize that most of the issues they have to address are post-cruise, but I wonder if they would have some answers as to when this mess will be fixed? :confused:

A customer (not Celebrity itself) posted these helpful emails and phone numbers on their Facebook page to get some service without using website:

There are options to getting in touch with Celebrity other than the website.

Please allow 48 hours or 2 business days for a response.

OR call - 800-722-5941 This is not a main number BUT a number specifically for the above depts. Listen for the correct prompt.

Edited by cle-guy