How often does a Disney ship go into dry dock ?

serene56

I would like to add.....................that can be a empty or a loaded vessel*

I would also point out that being in class means even small things are operating properly. Any critical equipment not operating correctly is not in class, is not in compliance with IMO and other international rules and US laws and USCG requirements.

AKK

My husband is involved in the insuring of hull and cargo.

He says that the 30 or so companies who underwrite and re-insure 90% of the policies that insure hull (blue and brown) and cargo throughout the world all use the same boilerplate requirements that they develop through AIMU.

Regardless of the ports they call on or flags they fly, they are deemed uninsurable if they aren't in compliance with IMO requirements (which include SOLAS).

He states that there may be some small off-shore underwriters who don't have that requirement, but he isn't aware of any.

Edited by ducklite

My husband is involved in the insuring of hull and cargo.

He says that the 30 or so companies who underwrite and re-insure 90% of the policies that insure hull (blue and brown) and cargo throughout the world all use the same boilerplate requirements that they develop through AIMU.

Regardless of the ports they call on or flags they fly, they are deemed uninsurable if they aren't in compliance with IMO requirements (which include SOLAS).

He states that there may be some small off-shore underwriters who don't have that requirement, but he isn't aware of any.

I have to admit you explained it better and shorter then I did! I tend to get to detailed. Thank You Ducklite!

AKK

Edited by Tonka's Skipper