Coffee on the S-Class Ships

cruising_Bif

That's disappointing! You'd hope with its reputation for great cuisine, Celebrity would have delicious coffee. Is it the brand they use that makes it bad?

They have delicious coffee at Al Bacio but it is for a fee.

The other free stuff is pretty watered down, most likely so it's more acceptable to the general public who may not be as much of a coffee snob as myself ;-) I consider it more of a "breakfast blend" that's just not robust. I think it would be fine if I added a packet of Starbucks VIA to it though. But a teaspoon of cream turns a cup WHITE not dark brown like I like my coffee brewed.

Cafe al Bacio was by far the best coffee, but it was still weak. We had such terrific non-starbucks coffee in Seattle before boarding, we were hugely disappointed. If a ship is in a home port for sometime, you would think X might make an effort to make a nod to it's strengths, on of whom is coffee.

I found I couldn't drink the coffee in any of the dining rooms, premium or not. Very thin and probably Robusto beans not arabica.

The espresso in Tuscan Grill was horrible sludge...

Edited by LilMsFoodie

Yes, all coffee teas and espresso drinks come with classic.

Drinks with any booze in them require the premium package.

Deserts and pastries are complimentary even with NO package.

I like the free coffee on S class -- but once in a while it is too weak

Cafe al bacio is very good

The best free coffee is usually at Aqua Spa cafe where I've found paper cups to carry it with me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On Summit they are now serving Lavazza coffee throughout the ship. I thought it was an improvement over past cruises, but I'm no coffee snob. It was served way too hot in the buffet, however. Not sure if they are going to roll this out across the fleet although that's usually the pattern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

You would have to try it and see. I found that most times the coffee at buffet was fine.

Recently someone posted there were changes to buffet coffee on their cruiseand said that it was far superior to former coffee. Perhaps someone who has cruises in the last month can post their experience.

They have delicious coffee at Al Bacio but it is for a fee.

The other free stuff is pretty watered down, most likely so it's more acceptable to the general public who may not be as much of a coffee snob as myself ;-) I consider it more of a "breakfast blend" that's just not robust. I think it would be fine if I added a packet of Starbucks VIA to it though. But a teaspoon of cream turns a cup WHITE not dark brown like I like my coffee brewed.

Hi Cle

Well as a shareholder I thought you would be keen to hear views on the product (little Grin)

Might I encourage you to take a cruise down under one of these fine days about 30 minutes on shore in Sydney should be enough to convince you of the error of your ways :D

The coffee on board X is wretched stuff , just about my only complaint about or cruise in March on Solstice refereed to the coffee

Frankly dear sir the brewed coffee in Mac Donalds here in Australia is far better than that which is served onboard X and as for Latte and Xspresso ... well ....

If you find what I am saying hard to understand I will offer to buy you a free coffee when you come to Australia just to prove the point.

And yes I did send CONSTRUCTIVE comments to X managment re my last cruise , which on the whole was pretty darn good:):eek:

Regards

John

Edited by VK3DQ

Hi Cle

Well as a shareholder I thought you would be keen to hear views on the product (little Grin)

Might I encourage you to take a cruise down under one of these fine days about 30 minutes on shore in Sydney should be enough to convince you of the error of your ways :D

The coffee on board X is wretched stuff , just about my only complaint about or cruise in March on Solstice refereed to the coffee

Frankly dear sir the brewed coffee in Mac Donalds here in Australia is far better than that which is served onboard X and as for Latte and Xspresso ... well ....

If you find what I am saying hard to understand I will offer to buy you a free coffee when you come to Australia just to prove the point.

And yes I did send CONSTRUCTIVE comments to X managment re my last cruise , which on the whole was pretty darn good:):eek:

Regards

John

McDonald's coffee is often considered the best of the brewed coffee in the mass markets excluding coffee shops, at least here anyway. People crave their McDonald's coffee!

I've been to Sydney 2 times and Melboure once for several weeks each, and do understand the difference in "coffee" service from the USA to foreign countries. Well enough to know I want to oder an "Americano" (normally with an extra shot) when traveling to avoid the general "filter coffee" that can vary dramatically from place to place. :D

I agree the brewed coffee on board is awful, but I have no issue with the Americano and espresso based drinks a served at Al Bacio. The filter coffee brewed is not much more than laundry water and flavorless to me.

You'll note I have Australia on my cruise bucket list, I really want a TPAC via Hawaii, Fiji and Tahiti (I've actually been watching one - on CARNIVAL no less - that is a 23 day journey from LA to Sydney with stops at all the little islands along the way in September...), and also would love to be there in Sydney Harbour for New Years. I was in Sydney to install our Princess Diana Exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum several years ago, (and climbed the Harbour Bridge) and Melbourne when we brought our King Tut Exhibit there to the Melbourne Museum a few years ago.

On Summit they are now serving Lavazza coffee throughout the ship. I thought it was an improvement over past cruises, but I'm no coffee snob. It was served way too hot in the buffet, however. Not sure if they are going to roll this out across the fleet although that's usually the pattern.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I had the Lavazza on my last one in May on Summit, and thought it looked like a new brand, but still think it's far too weak to call itself coffee.

Does anyone know if the brewed/filter coffee butlers serve for breakfast is different? T me it was actually acceptable on all my cruses. I'd order an Americano and a pot of coffee to be delivered each morning.

Is it different than what Room Service delivers? On S class, I noticed the butler closet in the hallway had a machine, I assumed to make the espresso drinks, but didn't look careful enough to see if they brewed their own coffee too. Not sure if M class has dedicated butler closets for drinks, or if they just go to Al Bacio...?

I don't at all like the coffee in the buffet, but did enjoy the coffee in the pot the Butler left.

Bridge) and Melbourne when we brought our King Tut Exhibit there to the Melbourne Museum a few years ago.

Hi

I was fortunate indeed to see the king Tut exibit at the old museum in Cairo many years ago , in fact on an overnight shore excursion whilst on Ellinis en route Southampton To Melbourne so there is an X connection

If you come to Melbourne give me a yell and I will buy you a proper coffee

Regards

John

Yes, all coffee teas and espresso drinks come with classic.

Drinks with any booze in them require the premium package.

Deserts and pastries are complimentary even with NO package.

We had the classic on our last cruise in Mar and never had a problem with getting a coffee drink with liquor in it. There were some coffee drinks that weren't included and also those that required the premium liquor that was not included in the classic pack.

🍸🍻🍺