Paper luggage tags

m8140

We did on the last cruise. We were on the fantasy may31 and my husband didn't get his till 630pm. They had about 50 bags in a hallway that the tags fell off. I wish they would do something about that. It makes no sense when you have a couple thousand bags with paper on it. And we had FTTF! Some people do laminate there's but we never had a problem till a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Has anybody had any trouble with the printable luggage tags. I would think these are torn off the luggage very easily.

Follow the folding directions. This makes a sturdy tag. The weak point is how it's attached. I usually use clear packing tape to seal them closed.

If flying put them on after your flight.

You can always put on two tags, one on top and one on the side.

If I think we will hit rain I'll tape everything up.

There are special luggage tags available on the 'net. I think CC sells them also.

They have real nice holders for them on Amazon , I just go some they are reusable and look to last a lifetime . Just slide them in. I used to Laminate them and then zip tie then never a problem that way . But had to go to my wifes office yada yada . This way I have them here ready to go.

Buy the ones on this site and support it. I bought 12 last year and gave them to all the kids. I got the large ones so they work with all lines. You do have to cut them down. You can't just fold them and get them to slide in.

Has anybody had any trouble with the printable luggage tags. I would think these are torn off the luggage very easily.

Just follow the directions and they'll work fine.

On the other hand if you enjoy craft projects, take a look at some of the other suggestions in this thread.

Finally one NEW option not yet mentioned is don't print/attach the pre-printed tags. Just tell the porter at the pier your cabin number. He'll put a tag on

Buy the ones on this site and support it. I bought 12 last year and gave them to all the kids. I got the large ones so they work with all lines. You do have to cut them down. You can't just fold them and get them to slide in.

That's what I did. I didn't even know cruise critic had a "store" until someone else pointed it out.

Edited by kona_wahine

We self-laminate ours with packing tape and close them with staples, never had one come off;)

Same here, never had one pull off.

I also put one on each handle just in case. Also print out a page with all my cabin info for inside the suitcase.

They have real nice holders for them on Amazon , I just go some they are reusable and look to last a lifetime . Just slide them in. I used to Laminate them and then zip tie then never a problem that way . But had to go to my wifes office yada yada . This way I have them here ready to go.

Well, i had those on my suitcase for one cruise. When they were vacuuming under the bed they caught one and pulled off :eek:

Has anybody had any trouble with the printable luggage tags.

I would think these are torn off the luggage very easily.

Far from it.

They're a lot stronger than you'd think -or than they look!

I do zero lamination, etc. and every one has lasted well.

Put 4-5 staples in it and it'll be just fine.

It's best to put them on not too long before you get to the cruise terminal.

Walk with a small stapler to do the necessary?

Edited by Aplmac

I always laminate mine and attach them to my suitcase with a neon cable tie. I've never had one come off.

Same here...we pack a stapler and small roll of packing tape in a suitcase pocket. After the flight we switch tags, staple on the cruise tag securely and then coat it in packing tape. Trust me, it's not coming off. I also tuck a copy just inside each suitcase just in case.

This year I bought the luggage tags and folded and inserted the cruise tags - they fit perfectly :-)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014