Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

I'm D and get a lot of promos, but no e-mail regarding subject. Wonder if it will be available on the Quantum.

I will make a wager with you right here and now.

You are all witnesses.

This program is being implemented throughout the fleet.

Here is my prediction, and I will give any stake you wish:

When the Quantum launches, there will be no Diamond Club. I don't care what the early drawings showed. They are re-doing the Quantum for the Asian market in May 2015. I bet that the area that is shown on early drawings as being the Diamond Club will be retail space when she arrives in Bayonne/Cape Liberty in November.

Anyone want to take me up on this wager?

;)

Both the DL and CL will be open and have regular service. This is an additional option. It is your option to choose where you'd like to enjoy your evening drinks; in the DL, CL, pool bar, schooner bar, R bar, theater, etc.

Like minded individuals will still go to lounges, those that want to mix it up or who are traveling with others that don't have lounge access now have additional options. If anything, this should free up lounge space for you and help ensure more attentive service. It's a win-win as far as I can see.

As far as closing overflow lounges; on a ship such as Oasis/Allure there are SO MANY bars that it would add whole new dimensions to your experiences instead of being shoved into the coal mine, I mean Blazes.

Interesting assumption.

I will make another prediction.

Reduced staffing in the DL. NOT better service. If lucky, same service. More likely, reduced service.

:)

I'm still trying to figure out can you have 3 drinks in a bar and then go to DL and have a glass of beer/wine, etc???

I couldn't drink more than 3 drinks, I'm just curious!

Cheryl

Cheryl, the answer for now is ABSOLUTELY YES. You can drink as much as you want in the DL or CL (wherever you are eligible to be) and still use your 3 vouchers elsewhere on the ship, all during the 3 1/2 hours of "cocktail time" daily.

Interesting assumption.

I will make another prediction.

Reduced staffing in the DL. NOT better service. If lucky, same service. More likely, reduced service.

:)

It remains to be seen; but most DL's have a concierge glad handing and 2 - 3 servers. How much less could they realistically provide?

I'll take you up on your bet about the Quantum and if it will have a Diamond Lounge or not. I'll bet you some piece of RC logo ephemera I have, say a coffee mug or some loving cup shot glasses that when Quantum arrives in Bayonne in November it has a Diamond Club. Whatcha want to put up to match :cool::D

It remains to be seen; but most DL's have a concierge glad handing and 2 - 3 servers. How much less could they realistically provide?

One concierge serving all of the drinks. Used to be the norm.

I'll take you up on your bet about the Quantum and if it will have a Diamond Lounge or not. I'll bet you some piece of RC logo ephemera I have, say a coffee mug or some loving cup shot glasses that when Quantum arrives in Bayonne in November it has a Diamond Club. Whatcha want to put up to match :cool::D

A Royal Caribbean beach towel?

5,692 key chains?

173 document holders?

19 baseball caps?

;) :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

A Royal Caribbean beach towel?

5,692 key chains?

173 document holders?

19 baseball caps?

;) :D

I've got bags of keychains and stacks of hats. You keep 'em lady! Any spare toiletry bags? After 10 years mine is getting a bit tired. I'll dig deep and find something special to put up against a beach towel though;)

If anyone was on the Explorer on the 6/14 sailing, maybe they can tell their experience as to how the new drink voucher system worked...thanks

In other posts on these boards, someone mentioned that the 6/14 sailing of the Explorer was going to have the drink vouchers. Maybe if someone was on that cruise and experienced this they can fill us in on exactly how it worked, especially since I believe they only had a diamond event prior to this sailing. thanks

YOUR ONBOARD LOUNGE BENEFITS JUST GOT BETTER

We are excited to introduce an expanded Crown & Anchor Society benefit for you during your upcoming cruise! In addition to the nightly receptions at the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge (for our Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests), you now have the flexibility to enjoy happy hour at a wide variety of bars onboard.

Your SeaPass Card will be pre-loaded with three complimentary drink vouchers for each night of the sailing, which can be used during nightly lounge hours. Toast your way around the ship, on us!

This expanded benefit will be slowly rolled out across the entire fleet by Fall. Kindly note, drinks vouchers are not valid in the main dining room, the Windjammer Café or in any of our specialty restaurants, and expire daily.*

The way that it works has been reported again and again and again.

What else would you like to know?

I've got bags of keychains and stacks of hats. You keep 'em lady! Any spare toiletry bags? After 10 years mine is getting a bit tired. I'll dig deep and find something special to put up against a beach towel though;)

You mean the hanging thingy? Sure. :)

I'm still trying to figure out can you have 3 drinks in a bar and then go to DL and have a glass of beer/wine, etc???

I couldn't drink more than 3 drinks, I'm just curious!

Cheryl

That was my exact question. I usually only have one glass of wine (sometims 2 if I am talking and don't notice the server refilling my glass). however, I was curious on how they will handle this. Will the CL/DL servers now start scanning your card to account for those drinks? If not it isn't really a win for RC. I could go to a bar and get a drink and hand it to a friend. Go the CL and have my wine. Then go back to two more bars and get drinks to give to friends.

That was my exact question. I usually only have one glass of wine (sometims 2 if I am talking and don't notice the server refilling my glass). however, I was curious on how they will handle this. Will the CL/DL servers now start scanning your card to account for those drinks? If not it isn't really a win for RC. I could go to a bar and get a drink and hand it to a friend. Go the CL and have my wine. Then go back to two more bars and get drinks to give to friends.

The drinks preloaded on your SeaPass card are for outside the lounges. No scanning of cards inside the lounges.

I'll throw in a "Shipshape" t-shirt. LOL

Merion Mom....my question still valid, since the Explorer does NOT have a dedicated Daimond/Concierge lounge to go to as mentioned in the note you so BOLDLY highlighted in your response...will there still be a DIAMOND EVENT taking place somewhere on the ship in addition to the 3 drinks being put onto your card????? and will it continue to serve only champagne, wine, soft drinks??? That's the question I was asking if my previous questions were not clear enough....just trying to get first hand knowledge from anyone who might have been on that 6/14 sailing of Explorer.

Merion Mom....my question still valid, since the Explorer does NOT have a dedicated Daimond/Concierge lounge to go to as mentioned in the note you so BOLDLY highlighted in your response...will there still be a DIAMOND EVENT taking place somewhere on the ship in addition to the 3 drinks being put onto your card????? and will it continue to serve only champagne, wine, soft drinks??? That's the question I was asking if my previous questions were not clear enough....just trying to get first hand knowledge from anyone who might have been on that 6/14 sailing of Explorer.

I do not believe that there was in March when I was on the Explorer and there was a trial of this then.

But why would there be? They are giving you three drinks OF ANY KIND (on the approved list). It is a MUCH IMPROVED benefit, compared to the so-called Diamond Event.

And the Explorer most certainly DOES have a Concierge Lounge. Deck 9, between the aft elevators.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I do not believe that there was in March when I was on the Explorer and there was a trial of this then.

But why would there be? They are giving you three drinks OF ANY KIND (on the approved list). It is a MUCH IMPROVED benefit, compared to the so-called Diamond Event.

And the Explorer most certainly DOES have a Concierge Lounge. Deck 9, between the aft elevators.

Hello Merion Mom,

I hope you are well? Are you coming this side of the pond in the near future?

My experience of the Diamond cocktail service on board the Adventure last month was that the overflow lounge (Cloud Nine and Seven Hearts) was costing RCI a fortune as entry/entitlement was not being policed.

A number of people were collecting drinks in the Diamond Club and then sitting in the Viking Crown lounge.

In general, there were sufficient sitting places in the Concierge Club before dinner and in the Diamond Club after dinner.

Best wishes,

Cublet

Hi

We're sailing on Indy in October this year and haven't had an e mail either :confused: (we're from the uk)

Hello,

I am on the Adventure in October and have not heard anything.

However, if I was running the show, I would not bother to send out or even apply the policy IF the number of D, D+, P and suite guests could be accommodated comfortably. Notifications may be being sent out with 'payment due' reminders and I've a month to go yet.

Regards,

Cublet

The 21-Mar-2014 - Explorer Of the Seas - 8 Night Bahamas Cruise where the first tests were done they had a Diamond Event every night in Maharajas. There was no charge for the Diamond Event drinks. Except for the snacks it was just like a Diamond Club and you could get any normal Diamond Club drink. Every other time the Diamond Event was in the 19th hole, and most of the time they charged for drinks.

Who knows what will happen in the future, but I believe they will continue the Diamond Event until the refurb.

Hi Cublet!

I see you are from Bristol! My Mum was born in the Bedminster part of Bristol and most of my family live there!! I'll be skyping with my Auntie and cousins in Fishponds in a little while!!!

Cheryl

I will make a wager with you right here and now.

You are all witnesses.

This program is being implemented throughout the fleet.

Here is my prediction, and I will give any stake you wish:

When the Quantum launches, there will be no Diamond Club. I don't care what the early drawings showed. They are re-doing the Quantum for the Asian market in May 2015. I bet that the area that is shown on early drawings as being the Diamond Club will be retail space when she arrives in Bayonne/Cape Liberty in November.

Anyone want to take me up on this wager?

;)

You are probably right. It seems that Miami hasn't got its act straight when it comes to the Crown and Anchor society. They certainly have a plateful with three new ships coming out in the near future. That entails six more captains, staff captains, hotel directors, executive chefs, pursers and an additional 8,000 to 11,000 crew members with visas and background checks added to the mix. Plus additional supply chains, port contracts, scheduling and much more. Certainly no easy task. And, as you pointed out the designs of the new ships are in a state of flux. It is a long way from the drawing board to the final product.

There is a decent chance that this is just the first in a new round of changes. It is a bit hard to believe the newly added diamond lounges will disappear but most are not of adequate size to accommodate all the D members. Perhaps, as some have suggested, the staffing of the D lounge may decrease or they could even eliminate the evening cocktail time in the lounge. Guess time will tell.

Edited by Don Pedro

I'm on Quantum this December and they better have a Diamond Club.

I just don't get why everyone thinks RCI is out to get the Diamonds. Next people will be saying C&A will start with D+. I'm happy to think RCI's motive is 50% to alleviate crowding and 50% to allow Diamonds to drink with their non-diamond friends. Why does the motive have to end with the Diamonds getting kicked around the ship? This is a good thing, why assume everything RCI does is bad?

I'm on Quantum this December and they better have a Diamond Club.

I just don't get why everyone thinks RCI is out to get the Diamonds. Next people will be saying C&A will start with D+. I'm happy to think RCI's motive is 50% to alleviate crowding and 50% to allow Diamonds to drink with their non-diamond friends. Why does the motive have to end with the Diamonds getting kicked around the ship? This is a good thing, why assume everything RCI does is bad?

This reflects what I'm thinking, too. I believe the new voucher system is to relieve crowding in the DL and CL, to continue to provide the same perk to higher level C&A customers, and to give us more flexibility about where we have our happy hour.

I think much of the negative thinking is an echo from when the D's were denied the CL on all ships. It's kind of a group PTSD thing!

Hello,

I am on the Adventure in October and have not heard anything.

Cublet

No email yet? and we are on Oasis Ta Sept. 1 and I believe other CC stated we would have the vouchers on that sailing.

We were kicked out of the CL when we became Diamonds, so no surprises for us with what RCL does. They did make a DL later on. The vouchers are nice perk but still can see the lounges changing. The CL is often too full for the Suite Guests with so many D+, and now more PC. Can see CL being just PC and Suite Guests and DL being D & D+.....just my thoughts about the problem.

Edited by CVU

This reflects what I'm thinking, too. I believe the new voucher system is to relieve crowding in the DL and CL, to continue to provide the same perk to higher level C&A customers, and to give us more flexibility about where we have our happy hour.

I think much of the negative thinking is an echo from when the D's were denied the CL on all ships. It's kind of a group PTSD thing!

Peggy that's true I guess. But we need to get over it, and put it behind us. RCI has an account on these boards, if they believe we already are resigned to a lower status they may say why not?