Who Has Been Your Favourite Headliner on a Royal Cruise?

On Brilliance of the Seas back when the ship was doing Panama Canal cruises we were treated to a performance by an exceptionally good pianist who imitated Elton John. He played piano and sang with the ship's orchestra.

He was really amazing and I have never forgotten the show, but I am sorry to say I can't remember his name. We have never had the pleasure of seeing him again on any ship. He really made you forget he wasn't the real Elton John.

I think there are a couple. We have seen a man named Jonathan Kane a couple of times and thought he was very good. Actually better than Elton himself the last time I saw him.

The 5th Dimension . . . was some of the originals. Must have been a while ago.

More recently - not a headline, but in the Schooner Bar. Crazy Hawaiian that played the piano, wore a skirt, and harassed the heck out of anyone that walked by. Audience participation was a MUST. Anyone remember his name?

We saw a young Elvis impersonator a few years ago that was great. On the same cruise there was an older man with grey hair that played the piano and sang. Both were headliners. I don't remember their names.

That was Travis Ledoyt.

main_TravisLeDoyt2.jpg

The 5th Dimension . . . was some of the originals. Must have been a while ago.

More recently - not a headline, but in the Schooner Bar. Crazy Hawaiian that played the piano, wore a skirt, and harassed the heck out of anyone that walked by. Audience participation was a MUST. Anyone remember his name?

Matt Yee.

My all time favorite would be the Unexpected Boys. Carol Channing was surprisingly good as well. The Nelsons are also entertaining. I also really liked the Buenos Aires Tango show.

I will never sit through another Marty Allen show again!:D

Sherri:)

Edited by sjb317

Yakov Smirnoff on the Monarch in 2001

Platters on the Freedom I believe. Saw the 2x on RCCL

Drifters not sure of ship

And the tops was John " BOWSER" Bauman on Freedom 2014

Edited by uncle John

We saw a young Elvis impersonator a few years ago that was great. On the same cruise there was an older man with grey hair that played the piano and sang. Both were headliners. I don't remember their names.

I remember seeing both of these artists - Travis Ledoyt was the young Elvis entertainer don't remember the piano man's name but he was excellent. We were on Mariner out of Galveston over the Thanksgiving holiday. :D

Back around the end of September of 1998? RCI hosted their one and only theme cruise (that I know of.) It was called Western Swing at Sea. There were so many performers I can't even remember them all but the headlining acts were:

CARL PERKINS & KITTY WELLS!

Also performing were Asleep at the Wheel, Hank Thompson, Johnny Lee was a no-show (along with Clinton Gregory) because of Hurricane Marilyn...but his band showed up. I also remember The McCarter Sisters.

It was such an awesome cruise that my mom was so disappointed by the entertainment on her subsequent 2 cruises that she doesn't even cruise any longer. Thinks they are too boring. She's a clog dancer/teacher in her mid 60's.

I consider myself blessed to have been a part of it and see those legendary performers.

We saw Marty Allen (from Allen and Rossi on the Ed Sullivan Show) on a Brilliance TA in 2010.

He was amazing! I don't know when I have laughed so much at a comedian.

He is pretty well up in years now, but was just as funny as ever.

Marty Allen for us too. On the Brilliance just him and a year ago him and his wife,