Transatlantic Weather Leaving from Miami in late April?

dongordon

I am taking the Transatlantic Star Cruise leaving in late April (April 27) from Miami and wondering what kind of weather I can expect as I cross the "Big Pond."

Will I be able to enjoy the oudoor decks or will this be an "inside type" of cruise?

What range of temperatures can I expect on this cruise?

Thanks.

Don

We did a TA that departed FLL on May 1 for Harwich, UK last year. The seas were very calm until after we stopped at the Azores.

Temps were warm until the Azores, after that, the pool was empty.

On both of the TAs we took out of Miami, we found the first few days very warm where you could enjoy the pool. On one we encountered rough seas after the Azores as well as the previous poster said. Must be an area prone to that. The Epic closed the decks and everyone stayed in for a day or two. Plenty to do at all times and both were great trips.

Enjoy!

We were on the Star TA this past May 5-19, which is about one week later than you will go. We packed for just one or two warm days and then packed for 55-65 degrees on the Atlantic and northern Europe. Wrong!

The pool and sundecks were used the majority of sea days, although it did become cooler as we left the Azores. It was a bit rainy in the Azores, which is sadly typical but Dover, Sweden and Copenhagen were sunny in the morning at all three ports with drizzle in the middle of the day in Sweden. The weather was quite spectacular. We traveled to central Europe after that and experience days in the 70's and 80's. We wished we had packed for warmer weather and those sweaters stayed in the closet/luggage.

The seas were very calm for the two weeks. I recall only one or two times feeling much of anything. But, this was just one trip. If we had come the week before, we might have experienced the horrible weather than flooded much of central Europe. A week makes a lot of difference. I read that the temps in central Europe were in the low to mid sixties in mid-June this year. Go figure.

It isn't a Caribbean cruise for sure, but we were outside quite a bit.

Other than airfare ( I cannot fly coach for that long - just can't do it), this is the other thing stopping me. The weather. We love our sea days to be able to sit outside, get some sun. Granted, we don't have to do that for 10 days, but we definitely need to do it for the majority of the time. I'd hate to be stuck with cold, rainy weather. :(

Other than airfare ( I cannot fly coach for that long - just can't do it), this is the other thing stopping me. The weather. We love our sea days to be able to sit outside, get some sun. Granted, we don't have to do that for 10 days, but we definitely need to do it for the majority of the time. I'd hate to be stuck with cold, rainy weather. :(

It sounds like the trip across the Atlantic (6 sea days) are good and you only encounter a few bad days possibly when you get to the Azores.

I often cruise out of NYC in the winter, so I do not mind a few bad days on a long cruise.

I still use the pool (if it is heated) and the ocean is not too rough where they would close it.

But I am not sure if the Star's pool is heated.

Coming back from the Carribbean on the Breakaway last January, the temps were in the 50's, but the pool was heated and I still enjoyed my exercise in the morning. :)

Don