Micky Arison & Carnival Stock

Gypsywych

Why does it matter if he getting rid of his stock. They are his to sale. And the link posted above is the last place i would go to get my cruise news. A site dedicated to destroy the cruise industry.

Why does it matter if he getting rid of his stock. They are his to sale. And the link posted above is the last place i would go to get my cruise news. A site dedicated to destroy the cruise industry.

Arison getting rid of stock is his prerogative as it's his money. As to this site being dedicated to destroying the cruise industry, I have yet to read an article there that I found to be inaccurate or misleading. Sometimes hearing the truth about the cruise industry hurts! Everyone wants cheap prices, and the shareholders / owners want big profits. There IS a price to be paid for that!

Have a read of this series of articles / news:

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/articles/crew-member-rights-1/

If you think it is all lies, then that is your prerogative also. I would then say say that you might be wearing "rose colored glasses".

He doesn't make this stuff up!

Not a big deal and that site linked is nothing more than one persons desire to line his pocket with money by filing law suits against cruise lines.

Ah good old Cruiselawnews. What a joke. With the thousands of cruise activity on a daily basis this site is a waste of time except for when the CC tr_lls run out of CNN material, they hit up this site.

So what? Millions of shares of stock are bought and sold everyday. According to the linked article it mentions he might be looking at buying a BPL team, so that could be the reason. Or, maybe he acquired the shares at $20 each and just wanted to cash some out for spending money. Who knows. As far as the Heat go, 2 championships and 4 straight trips to the finals with a sold out building every night I am going to guess they are doing fine.

So what? Millions of shares of stock are bought and sold everyday. According to the linked article it mentions he might be looking at buying a BPL team, so that could be the reason. Or, maybe he acquired the shares at $20 each and just wanted to cash some out for spending money. Who knows. As far as the Heat go, 2 championships and 4 straight trips to the finals with a sold out building every night I am going to guess they are doing fine.
My favorite part of this sleaze-site is the line ,

"Considering how badly Arison's Miami Heat have been playing basketball in the NBA finals (now down 3-1 to the San Antonio Spurs),

perhaps Arison will be spending some time in the future in England watching soccer."

I'm betting every other owner except San Antonio's, would be thrilled with this sort of failure.

Thanx Sun Walker Lover

A large sale of stock by a corporate insider should always be considered by a shareholder.

As mentioned above, it is usually just for estate or tax purposes. Usually.

Was planned since Feb... Sold a lot of shares then and was spacing out the remaining offloading over time.

There are a lot of reports he may be gearing up to make a run at buying a premier league team. Would be interesting to see how much money he would pump into one.

According to SEC filings, Micky Arison has divested himself of over $490 million dollars worth of Carnival PLC stock in the past 90 days.

Is the Miami Heat doing that badly?

CCL is doing fine. Micky just bougt a $65 million private jet. He also has a beautiful private yacht. You didn't think he would sail on any of the CCL ships, did you?