Getaway June 14-21 Haven review - one word FABULOUS!!!

maja651

Ok, just got back last night from our absolutely fantabulous cruise on the Getaway!!!!!! I promise to write a very detailed review tomorrow, but I wanted to just let anyone who is cruising in the Haven on the Getaway know, you are going to be spoiled rotten!!!!! I will warn readers ahead of time, this review will be a very Haven centric review. We spent the vast majority of our time on the ship in the Haven or in our amazing 2 bedroom suites. The staff knew our names by the end of day 1 and I now fear I can no longer cruise in anything other than a Haven suite! :eek: Our butler was Lucky, room attendant Sopi and we were in cabins 16712 and 16714. Our suites we literally 2 doors down from the Haven pool area, the stairs to the upstairs Haven sundeck and to the Haven bar and restaurant. Absolute PERfECT location. NO noise from above, very quiet suite. We opened up the balcony divider day 1 and had one larger balcony for the fam for the whole week. We left our sliders unlocked so that is how we moved back and forth from the 2 suites. It made for a very nice kind of like 4 bedroom suite.

We also fell in love with Rose, Suzana and Michelle at the Haven restaurant. Actually all in that restaurant were fabulous, but we really loved those 3 amazing ladies in particular.

I promise to write a detailed review later and post some pictures. If anyone can please send me a tip on how to post in the review, I would greatly appreciate it!

Edited by maja651

Thrilled to see another Getaway review!

If you could share your thoughts about the non-Haven part of the ship as well, that'd be great for members of the non-Haven masses. ;)

I will for sure, but as I mentioned we really did spend most of our time in the Haven.

Welcome home. Cant wait for you to spoil us rotten with your review!

Thanks. Yep, trying to catch up on laundry and stuff around the house today. Tomorrow is review day! (Oh, and back to work ...:(. )

Edited by maja651

Welcome home! Did you have any problems with others sneaking in?? That was mentioned on here a few times (can't even imagine).

I didn't notice if anyone did. I would be very surprised if anyone could though as you literally have to walk right past the concierge desk to get to the Haven area. Also, the Haven staff knew everyone who belonged there, as I mentioned they knew our names by day 1. (Even the sundeck guys who passed out the free munchies (shrimp, sandwiches, cookies, fruit kabobs, ice cream, ice tea, water, etc.) knew our names, and we never showed them a Haven card! Umesh and Oliver were amazing! :) I saw the same people up there every day too and never noticed anyone out of place.

I didn't notice if anyone did. I would be very surprised if anyone could though as you literally have to walk right past the concierge desk to get to the Haven area. Also, the Haven staff knew everyone who belonged there, as I mentioned they knew our names by day 1. (Even the sundeck guys who passed out the free munchies (shrimp, sandwiches, cookies, fruit kabobs, ice cream, ice tea, water, etc.) knew our names, and we never showed them a Haven card! Umesh and Oliver were amazing! :) I saw the same people up there every day too and never noticed anyone out of place.

That was our experience on the Epic and Breakaway....good to know we can expect the same on the Getaway! ;)

Thanks. Yep, trying to catch up on laundry and stuff around the house today. Tomorrow is review day! (Oh, and back to work ...:(. )

YEP...that part definitely sucks! But for us going back to work usually starts the countdown to the NEXT cruise. ;) :D

Subscribed and excited for the review. I do have a question, anyone talking about Chikungunya virus? The CDC put out an alert for the Caribbean, especially St. Marteen.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Subscribed and excited for the review. I do have a question, anyone talking about Chikungunya virus? The CDC put out an alert for the Caribbean, especially St. Marteen.

I didn't hear anything about it, nor hear anything about anyone being sick.

Is there a way for a wheelchair to go to the second level sundexk in the Haven?

I am not sure to be honest, but I would be surprised if there was no elevator. I did not see one though.

Just got back from a different mosquito- laden venue....

Apply your sunscreen, then your insect repellant , preferably with DEET.

Do this in the Caribbean, and in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, or any of the 16 states reporting cases .

DN

Looking forward to more.

We are in 16710 Courtyard Penthouse next to one of your suites this September 6th.

Like to hear your experience !

You're going to love the Haven and your location! :). More details to come! :)

We were in 16710 and 16712 on the May 24 cruise. Sopi was an awesome room attendant. Greeted us by name when we first came to the room. Oliver was fantastic. Suzanna always took great care of us. We too rarely left the Haven. It was our best cruise ever!

We were in 16710 and 16712 on the May 24 cruise. Sopi was an awesome room attendant. Greeted us by name when we first came to the room. Oliver was fantastic. Suzanna always took great care of us. We too rarely left the Haven. It was our best cruise ever!

You can totally relate then! It was our best cruise ever too! :)