Sailing the Caribbean in February

Is there a difference is the calmness / roughness of the ocean between the Eastern and Western Caribbean in February or are they both similar that time of year?

February is ideal for Caribbean cruising. No difference, eastern or western.

:)

The direction you're going has 50ft seas. Sorry :-)

February is ideal for Caribbean cruising. No difference, eastern or western.

:)

Thank you, that's what I thought.

DH and I are doing B2B Western and Eastern and now we have 2 other couples that would like to join us, but only for one of the weeks. One of them gets a little sea sick and wanted me to ask which week may be calmer. DH and I don't get sea sick so we never worried about it before.

Edited by mjwcruising

DH and I are doing B2B Western and Eastern and now we have 2 other couples that would like to join us, but only for one of the weeks. One of them gets a little sea sick and wanted me to ask which week may be calmer. DH and I don't get sea sick so we never worried about it before.

Have a great cruise :-)

I ADORE B2B cruises that go east and west. Perfect for those of us who can't make up our minds! LOL.

Hi,

If it's the Freedom you are sailing on, your friends may prefer the Western itinerary. The reason being that there is one more port and in general the port days are a bit longer. The eastern route has 3 sea days and the St Thomas day starts pretty late. Also Coco Cay is missed quite a bit, so you may end up with 4 days at sea which may be rough for someone prone to motion sickness.

Neda

Hi,

If it's the Freedom you are sailing on, your friends may prefer the Western itinerary. The reason being that there is one more port and in general the port days are a bit longer. The eastern route has 3 sea days and the St Thomas day starts pretty late. Also Coco Cay is missed quite a bit, so you may end up with 4 days at sea which may be rough for someone prone to motion sickness.

Neda

It will be on Allure of the Seas; I've read you need 2 weeks to do everything on the ship; although we won't be doing the sports stuff like the flow rider etc. so not sure we will need the full 2 weeks. If not we will be relaxing and enjoying some down time.

There is no difference because of season. The weather is what affects the seas...wind, pressure systems, etc... there is no way to predict your seas.

the seas will always be calmer in February, because it isn't hurricane season which is from June 1 to Nov 30.....so just enjoy the cruise.

We've done two B2Bs in the Caribbean in January 13 and Feb 14 and the seas were fairly calm on both. We did notice that we could feel a little bit more motion (which was fine with me - I like knowing that we're at sea) on the short hops between islands where they only have a few dozen miles to the next port overnight. I suspected they barely hit the speed needed to deploy the stabilizers. One thing we did notice (and I asked the captain about) was that when we entered U.S waters things were rough. The captain said they were required to do something with the engines (I forget what) when entering U.S. territory and that made it feel rough for a few minutes.

j