Maxi Dresses in South of Frqnce and Spain

Maxi dresses are most certainly " in " in Europe....just returned from Italy and wore mine almost daily. I own six in different colours and styles and find them "carefree dressing" and more comfortable than separates..Planning my wardrobe for our Med October cruise , maxi dresses will certainly feature. I find Phase Eight, Marks and Spencer and Fatface have the best most flattering designs.

Just bought yet another maxi dress....navy and white (very nautical !!) It''s the fine jersey fabric I know travels very well. I will team with navy, white or red wedge sandals....very patriotic !..Just counting the sleeps to wear it :)

Just bought yet another maxi dress....navy and white (very nautical !!) It''s the fine jersey fabric I know travels very well. I will team with navy, white or red wedge sandals....very patriotic !..Just counting the sleeps to wear it :)[/quote

Hi,hope you don't mind me asking but where do you tend to buy yours from?

I have a few jersey ones from Monsoon.

Just bought yet another maxi dress....navy and white (very nautical !!) It''s the fine jersey fabric I know travels very well. I will team with navy, white or red wedge sandals....very patriotic !..Just counting the sleeps to wear it :)[/quote

Hi,hope you don't mind me asking but where do you tend to buy yours from?

I have a few jersey ones from Monsoon.

Hi gonecroozin, I buy my maxis at Phase Eight, Marks and Spencer and Fatface...I'm a Monsoon fan too :-)

Not sure if you have already gone, but to add to what has been said, remember that the Med in July will be stinkin' hot. Honestly, I thought I was going to die. :p Having said that, it's up to you if you want to wear a long maxi dress in the middle of summer in port. I, personally, would go shorter (but not too short, so as to offend religious sites/places of worship). I think a maxi dress would look fabulous at dinner on the ship but like I said, you might want to consider the weather and go from there. :)

Obviously, JMHO. :)

Also a fan of Phase Eight but I'm 5'5 and find they come up long. Other huge plus is that they tend to do jersey styles ever season which travel so well. M&S/Monsoon tend to be better in length for me.