NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Ship -NCL Breakaway

Deck -14

Stateroom # - 14202

Stateroom Category –M4 

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Sounded like a herd of kangaroos were being kept overhead at all hours of the day and night.  Never could figure out specifically what it was.  

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View is good; no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Absolutely the tiniest balcony I’ve ever seen.  There was not sufficient room for the chairs to be placed facing outward.  

Was wind a problem? -  No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  Not an aft cabin.  No soot issues

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Although online information said there were (2) 110 volt outlets and 2 USB ports, there were no USB ports.  The 2 outlets did not work when there was no card in the key card switch making it impossible to charge devices when out of the room.  

Any other comments? - 

Edited by bbstx

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Encore

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8718

Stateroom Category – M6 Club Balcony Suite w/ Larger Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, for the most part.  Occasional noise from the neighboring room's kids, ship's thrusters when docking and sailing away, and when the anchor was dropped and raised at GSC (only a few cabins down from the front of the ship). 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  We loved how large this balcony was.  Having a quiet deck space with both loungers and chairs to relax was much appreciated given the lack of chairs and crowding on the pool deck.

Was wind a problem? - At times it was.  No issues in port or during sailaways.  I think our issues had to do with the direction of the ship relative to the wind.  First half of the cruise heading away from Miami, we couldn't be out on the balcony at times because the wind was so strong, chairs and tables would rock and even slide around a bit.  Heading back the second half of the week, wind was not an issue whatsoever.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  This wasn't a problem for us, but the cabin is a bit of a walk from the elevators.

Any other comments? - This was our first NCL cruise, and we loved the larger balcony and club amenities (larger bathroom, free laundry, plate of cookies delivered w/ turn down service one night).  Being on deck 8 we were very close to the theater, restaurants, atrium, Local, bars, etc. while being far enough from all the venues to avoid noise. When we arrived, our balcony only had one lounger but we were able to request a second one no problem.  For such a busy ship with very limited public pool deck space and chairs, the large balcony and loungers are well worth it. 

image.thumb.png.277f73d01eaec674b041e38ddbb28481.png

2.thumb.jpg.d00dc2a14a24c4898f5296ee7d36215e.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.14ca214a9bf0be5d8e1de09be248a095.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.d4d2c0eaa95aaecc76a42d82c3fa9a46.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.e15fd2b29c7de6f0e41104472fd0d507.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ship -NCL Pearl

Deck -10

Stateroom # - 10644

Stateroom Category –BA 

This is a Handicapped Cabin which was large enough to hold a mobility scooter and an oxygen concentrator with room to spare.  

10644 #2.jpg

10644#3.jpg

10644#4.jpg

10644#5.jpg

10644#6.jpg

10644#7.jpg

10644#8.jpg

10644#9.jpg

10644#10 Wheelchair Ramp to Balcony.jpg

10644#11.jpg

10644#12.jpg

10644#13.jpg

10644#14.jpg

10644#15.jpg

10644#16.jpg

NCL Pearl Cabin 10644 #1.jpg

• Like 1

Ship - Encore

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13196

Stateroom Category - MA

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) - Very quiet room aside from a family occupying the two cabins immediately to the right.  It seemed as though it was parents in one cabin and children in the other, and I lost count of all the door slamming with them going back and forth (and within).  And those were not connecting staterooms.  We could faintly hear the partying up on the pool deck one night even with the sliding door closed, but no issue at all with it.  The kids next door were worse.  Far enough away from the elevators/stairwell to never hear anything from there.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - No obstructions, and a full 180 degree view when at the railing.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal/standard size

Was wind a problem? - No wind issues on the centrally-located side of ship with the wall dividers between balconies.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Very first shower the drain backed up to standing water about 1-2".  Notified Guest Services and our steward, and the problem was immediately resolved while we were at dinner that evening.  Just a clogged drain.  A small bit of laminate already missing from the wooden frame of the sofa, the sofa cushion had a slight stain, and the mattress pad covering the foam mattress had a decent size tear (would have never noticed if the fitted sheet hadn't pulled back).  

Any other comments? - A nice cabin with the slightly extra square footage (as compared to a standard Balcony) for a little extra elbow room.  The larger shower with extra jets, larger sink and overall bathroom arrangement in the Club Balcony Suite is partly why we book this class cabin.  Located close to the center stairwell, and just 2 easy stair flights up to the Observation Deck and 3 flights up to the Gym/Thermal Suite.  Would certainly book this cabin again.

Edited by sberg23

Norwegian Cruise Line Bliss

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9800

Stateroom Category – balcony, club?

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments or problems) – HORRIBLE...DO NOT BOOK NEAR HERE.  Room is directly above "Cavern Club". Bass from music shakes items in room. Very loud until 11:30 P.M. most nights. Cannot believe they have customers stay here.

View and room size was great.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - NOISE FROM "CAVERN CLUB"!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ship - NCL Joy (May 15-22 Bermuda)

Deck -15

Stateroom # - 15170 Club Balcony Suite

Stateroom Category –MA 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – There was a lot of vibration in this room. I could feel it in the hallway too so I assume it wasn't just us and there were Haven rooms not far from us. Towards the end the ceiling developed an infrequent, light rattling. There was some kind of whooshing/rumbling sound that happened every 90 seconds at all hours of the day (never figured out what that was). It wasn't obnoxious but is noticeable. Overhead was the outdoor seating for the Garden Cafe on Deck 16 so we could hear them dragging tables around 5am each morning and occasionally people running on the deck. Could hear the bass when "DJ Bandeauxx" was bumping poolside but I think the latest that ever ran was 10pm.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View is good; no obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  I suspect normal size. Wasn't large but there was enough room to sit in the two chairs comfortably. 

Was wind a problem? -  No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  The vibrations drove me crazy. It happened while docked in NYC and through a lot of the sailing. I didn't notice it while we were docked overnight in Bermuda though.

Any other comments? - My second cruise and first with NCL. We got this room with a $200 (total) upgrade bid from a Deck 5 Oceanview room. Our attendant was fantastic (Gregory - very friendly, prompt to care for the rooms, learned our names on day one and asked us about our day every time we saw him). Got free champagne, one free laundry bag, and free room snacks on 2 days. Short walk to the observation lounge to grab snacks or fill our water bottles. One flight of stairs to the Garden Cafe/Pool Deck. Slightly larger bathroom with jetted shower was nice. Bed was by the balcony, couch by the bathroom. 

Edited by hizzaah
  • Like 1

• June 28, 2007
  • Long Island, NY

Ship - Star

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11622

Stateroom Category – 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Great balcony location

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - no

Any other comments? - Great cabin - plenty of storage, convenient locationIMG_3668.HEICIMG_3668.HEIC

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10810

Stateroom Category – BB

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Never heard a peep.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Full 180 at the railing!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Somehow, we started with 2 shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the shower, but our steward quickly remedied that situation! Other than that, it was wonderful. Spotlessly clean!

Any other comments? - Great location - mid to fore - easy access to both sets of elevators, etc.

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10826

Stateroom Category – mb

Starboard or Port Side - port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? - 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - 

Any other comments? - 

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14732

Stateroom Category – Haven Penthouse

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, overall. We found the room to be very quiet 95% of the time. Even the air handler was whisper-quiet. It was really nice. The only noise (and it was minor) was we could occasionally hear someone on a treadmill above us (we were under the gym.) But even then it was not any louder than other ship noises.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. We were on the same level as the bridge, so we could see the starboard wing of the bridge off to our left. But we were far enough back that it did not obstruct our view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was normal size. Plenty of space for two chairs and a little table. Not enough space for lungers.

Was wind a problem? - No.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Some of the catches on the doors/drawers were broken. Otherwise, no problems.

Any other comments? -

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ship - Encore

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9766 & 9768

Stateroom Category – BF

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – quiet most of the day until it was clean up time in the kitchen. Heard more noise in 9768 than 9766. Didn't hear any music. No noise from elevators/stairs. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - yes, to each other.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – when you look down, you are looking into the glass portion of Food Republic. People could look up onto the balcony from below, but couldn't see in the cabin. I went down stairs to see what they could see. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized! It went out about two feet further out than the balconies not over Food Republic, even though they were the same cabin class. 

Was wind a problem? - no

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? - 9766, the bed is closer to the balcony. 9768, the bed is closer to the bathroom. We were surprised that we had different stewards for our cabins even though they connected. Didn't really hear each other with the connecting doors closed. 

Ship - Pearl

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8622/8620 connecting rooms

Stateroom Category – Ocean View

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – I though all was quiet.  Kids said they heard singing from Bliss (I think) late at night.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None.

Any other comments? - Mattress' and pillows were SUPER!

On 9/16/2018 at 7:34 PM, Wyoming2010 said:

Ship - Escape

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10220

Stateroom Category – BC

Balcony View - the red lifeboats are one deck down, so you cannot see directly down into the water, but it did not affect our enjoyment of the balcony and there is plenty to see when looking out at sea.

We are thinking about booking  the Escape.  But I LOVE to stand at the railing and look down at the water.  I thought the lifeboats were on Deck 7?    But they are still obstructing the view down to the water?    Bummer

On 4/10/2019 at 2:54 PM, MamaLady76 said:

Ship - Escape

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14808

Stateroom Category – BA

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

If you stood at the balcony railing, could you see all the way down to the water?

This is a Test....  Just trying to see if I can insert a video file...  it gives me a warning but I can also see the video in this window... so let's see if it does work...  Otherwise, please ignore this post...

But, if you CAN play the short video 😉 ... this was our sailing on PEARL out of Boston on AUG 5, 2022.  Our room was 11-618:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, buffet24 said:

This is a Test....  Just trying to see if I can insert a video file...  it gives me a warning but I can also see the video in this window... so let's see if it does work...  Otherwise, please ignore this post...

But, if you CAN play the short video 😉 ... this was our sailing on PEARL out of Boston on AUG 5, 2022.  Our room was 11-618:

Worked for me. I am logged in to my CC account, since it would not play otherwise.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, buffet24 said:

COOL!!!  Thank you!  I guess, I will be posting more clips from my cruise here on CC!!!  😁

In this section of Cruise Critic (Cabin Compilation), you should only post short ROOM related videos.

Post cruise videos as a regular post (scroll further down the NCL page)!

• Like 1

Just now, ggTexasGal said:

In this section of Cruise Critic (Cabin Compilation), you should only post short ROOM related videos.

Post cruise videos as a regular post (scroll further down the NCL page)!

Yep!! Got it!  Thank you!

• Like 1