feet pointing aft or forward !

nettyh

We were on Silhouette last year in Aqua Class on Deck11, starboard side. The bed in our cabin had our feet facing aft. I didn't sleep well the entire cruise, plus the seas were choppy the whole time. It's just not a natural way to move. Imagine how weird it would feel to be riding in a car while facing backward.

We were on Silhouette last year in Aqua Class on Deck11, starboard side. The bed in our cabin had our feet facing aft. I didn't sleep well the entire cruise, plus the seas were choppy the whole time. It's just not a natural way to move. Imagine how weird it would feel to be riding in a car while facing backward.

Well....we had a station wagon with the rear(third) seat facing backward and we used to fight over who got to sit in it so not so weird at all.....

How very odd! With the curtains closed, I can't tell what direction the ship is moving at all. The only clue I have is seeing the direction of the water passing by outside. If you can't see that visual clue, you won't know if you are going forward or backward.

I can always sense the movement of the ship and can tell which direction we are going. No visual clues needed. I prefer sleeping in a feet first direction so I don't find this thread silly at all.

To solve the problem my friend has booked a sky suite....bed facing sideways....yes Bosox1...port or starboard ????

Thanks everyone for all the amusing and useful replies.:o

Now I'm stressing. I just booked a cruise and didn't ask about the bed position. Never thought of it. Oh boy! :eek:

On our first cruise, the beds were at right angles & we had to move the chair every time we wanted to access the wardrobe. Fortunately, we have never had a cabin like that since; but the most important thing for me, is to be ON THE SHIP!

I can never tell which way the ship is going unless we are approaching port. I cannot even tell by looking at the water. :D

To solve the problem my friend has booked a sky suite....bed facing sideways....yes Bosox1...port or starboard ????

Thanks everyone for all the amusing and useful replies.:o

If your friend cannot sleep with her feet facing aft, she is really going to have trouble with a sideways bed. Here's hoping that your cruise is not rough waters. :eek: With the ship in rough waters, most of the time, it rocks side to side. With this motion in a sideways bed, the body rocks head to toe, instead of aide to side. Talking about sea sickness! At least it is for me. :rolleyes: