Carnival Transport Galveston

karessamom

What is the earliest time that the carnival transport will pick you up from the airport on cruise day?? We're going to be flying in a couple of days before but return our rental car back to the airport either cruise morning or the day before. we'll be able to get from our hotel to airport via the airport shuttle, however we need to get from the airport to the cruise terminal. After pricing things out I think we'll be better off taking the carnival shuttle to the port it's only about $35 each way, as opposed to the other shuttle options and taxi etc. (we're only a party of 2) I know the shuttles will be busy taking people from cruise terminal back to airport but when do they shuttle from airport to cruise terminal?? (Hobby to Galveston)

The first bus from the airport is likely not to depart until around 11ish which will put you at the pier a little after noon and boarding should be underway.

I always like to spend the night on the island before a cruise so I would probably opt to return the rental car the night before and take a taxi to a Galveston hotel on the Seawall. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and a taxi to the pier the next morning is only $20.

The first bus will depart as soon as it is filled. We have used the service twice in Houston and had it depart at a little after 10:00 the first time and around 11:00 the second. I would suggest letting Carnival know you are arriving first thing in the morning, before 9:00, so that they know to have you on the first bus.

I recently took the Carnival shuttle from Bush to Galveston. I know that at one time you had to be flying in the day of your cruise to use the Carnival shuttle. I don't know if this is still the case. I know that people at one time were filling out false flights on the Carnival website in order to use the shuttle if they were flying in the day before. At Bush, when you book your airport transfer, you will need fill out the form for your flight arrival time and flight number and airline. When you arrive at the airport, look for Carnival's desk. They will be waiting for you. They have a list of everyone booked on the shuttle.

A couple of months ago the first one left at 10:30 or so. However, they did not have room for luggage beneath the bus so they used passenger seats for some of the luggage, meaning the bus did not leave at capacity. It was annoying but we got on the second one and were on board around 12:15.