Creditcard hold?

Krydstosser

Is it true that P & O make a hold on your creditcard every day on a cruise? do i have to inform my bank that they do so, to avoid my card to be blocked??

Krydstosser?

I believe they do put a trial input of your card throughout the cruise. They do not actually take any money until the last night. I think its to make sure that when they actually put you ships bill through for £6000 ,it goes through OK. Some people have said when they got home they have had tohone their card to get these small amounts taken off. They should drop off with in a couple of days. I don't think we have ever had to phone up.

By the way I was only joking with the £6K bill.

I read it in a thread in here but I can not find it. they got there creditcard blocked in the middle of there cruise. I've never experienced it with Royal but the thread made ​​me nervous. Perhaps it was their bank who made a mistake.

I will give my bank a message and then enjoy our cruise.

Krydstosser

(from Denmark)

We always ring the credit card company to tell them we will be away and these are the places we will be visiting. This time the young man on the end of the phone (won't say the name of the company but it's spanish:D) had never heard of the Faroe Islands or the Orkneys and when we said north of Scotland we waited for him to ask where is Scotland - but it didn't come!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had our card blocked just once on a holiday, but a quick phone call to the provider sorted it out; but just in case, we always have a 2nd card with a different provider with us for emergencies.

All cruiselines do it and I have done over 30 and never had a problem with my credit card.

Again never had a problem on about the same number.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would rather have my card blocked, and then sort it out, rather than have

some one use it fraudulently.

I understand that P & O check nightly that there is enough to cover the total on board spend on your credit card. They certainly don't take anything off until the last minute. If not enough then, they will not let you off ship until all sorted out, you have to go to the pursrers office.

David

I had my Capital One credit card blocked halfway through a cruise on Azura in May this year as I had forgotten to notify them in advance. P&O offered a free phone call to sort it out.