How do you know when your cabin is ready?

seniormom

I have read in several threads about people who say their cabins were ready earlier than 1:30 (who don't have FTTF). I have never heard them announce on the ship that the cabins are ready, we just typically hang out on lido til 1:30, then go to room. How do you find out if they are ready earlier? Thanks!

I just head over and take a looksie

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

If you were FTTF or Platinum your cabins would be ready early. (Not being Diamond, I don't know what the policies are, but I think may be the same.) If not, you are taking a chance and abusing the policies that Carnival has set up. I guess those who are special feel the signs on the doors telling FTTF and Platinum guests that they can go to their cabins, don't apply to them. (I know I will be in big trouble for this comment,)

Seniormom, I think you are doing what you should do, but there are those who feel ----- Just wait until the ship says cabins are available and thanks for doing what you are supposed to.

Obviously if I see the signs I don't go but I also don't wait around forever. It's a cruise not a prison. I don't get in anyone's way and I am not rude. So thank you for directing your comments towards me when not needed.

I guess I don't get why people on this board feel the need to be Internet tough and try to reprimand people when it's none of their business.

Exactly. I have never heard an "announcement" that the rooms are ready. Have been told it will be this certain time period and them I head over. If it's not ready I walk away.

Sigh, sounds like we could all use a cruise vacation and I like the word looksie !

Thanks everyone for your input:)

Agreed!! :)

Losijon,

yup, if not a vacation, at least a DOD or libation !

Sorry to be off topic,

lyannea

I like your style!

I guess those who are special feel the signs on the doors telling FTTF and Platinum guests that they can go to their cabins, don't apply to them. (I know I will be in big trouble for this comment,)

I don't know about all you'all and I'm guessing she doesn't know you so this doesn't apply to you but my mom has always told me I'm special. I didn't believe her at first but I now believe her.

So.....I go check to see if my room is ready.

Thanks mom, you're the best.

I don't remember ever hearing an announcement. Usually around 1:15 see people gathered in the hallways waiting for the doors to open. Going over there right at 1:30 or after makes sense so you can just go right to your room.

I've never been on one that announced rooms ready....They always just open the doors when they are and I've only ever been on one who's doors weren't open and waiting for us when we boarded, but I guess that's one "perk" to not arriving until 1.

I have read in several threads about people who say their cabins were ready earlier than 1:30 (who don't have FTTF). I have never heard them announce on the ship that the cabins are ready, we just typically hang out on lido til 1:30, then go to room. How do you find out if they are ready earlier? Thanks!

We've been on a couple of cruises when the cabins were ready by 1:00 p.m. This may have been an exception, back when the ships had more housekeeping personnel than are currently employed. With fewer housekeeping staff, that means each steward has more cabins to clean. Since there is no formal announcement made when the cabins are ready, I tend to agree with losijon. Go take a look around 12:30 - 1:00 and see if you're cabin's ready. No harm in checking. You won't be shackled and thrown in a dungeon just for checking.

I guess I don't get why people on this board feel the need to be Internet tough and try to reprimand people when it's none of their business.

Like:D

From what I recall, the hallway doors are usually closed until they open up some of the rooms. Doesn't hurt to check.

We just head straight for the room when we board. Our room has always been ready. We dump our stuff and head for the eats.

On the past few cruises there were repeated announcements asking guest to not go to their cabins until 1:30, or another time announced. There were crew member standing at the fire doors turning people away, but we just flashed our Platinum cards :D and were allowed in.

Obviously if I see the signs I don't go but I also don't wait around forever. It's a cruise not a prison. I don't get in anyone's way and I am not rude. So thank you for directing your comments towards me when not needed.

I wasn't necessarily directing the comments to you as I didn't know that you aren't Platinum etc. I said what I did because there are people that are FTTF and Platinum that have said their rooms aren't ready. As mentioned by others, the stewards have more rooms to clean and having people in the hallways that aren't supposed to be, makes their jobs that much harder. On most cruises we have been on, the cabins are available to all by 1:00 or 1:30 and we have either been told that when checking in or by listening for an announcement. I have also seen people stationed in the hallways preventing those not qualified to enter early from doing so. I guess I am a rule follower and not everyone is like me, lol.

I don't know about all you'all and I'm guessing she doesn't know you so this doesn't apply to you but my mom has always told me I'm special. I didn't believe her at first but I now believe her.

So.....I go check to see if my room is ready.

Thanks mom, you're the best.

I don't agree with going to the room early as I have posted above, but I love your sense of humor!

Carnival makes so very many announcements, we just sort of tune them out so, unfortunately, miss a few that are of importance.

We were sitting with another couple on Lido on embarkation day. Their teen children who had been elsewhere came over and told us they heard an announcement the cabins were now ready. None of the four of us heard it. :rolleyes:

LuLu

I wasn't necessarily directing the comments to you as I didn't know that you aren't Platinum etc. I said what I did because there are people that are FTTF and Platinum that have said their rooms aren't ready. As mentioned by others, the stewards have more rooms to clean and having people in the hallways that aren't supposed to be, makes their jobs that much harder. On most cruises we have been on, the cabins are available to all by 1:00 or 1:30 and we have either been told that when checking in or by listening for an announcement. I have also seen people stationed in the hallways preventing those not qualified to enter early from doing so. I guess I am a rule follower and not everyone is like me, lol.

I don't agree with going to the room early as I have posted above, but I love your sense of humor!

Don't you think having anyone in the hallways would make their job harder? Anyway we rather board the ship between 1-3 with no lines and go straight to our cabin.

Edited by Kcarp