How do you know when your cabin is ready?

seniormom

If you were FTTF or Platinum your cabins would be ready early. (Not being Diamond, I don't know what the policies are, but I think may be the same.) If not, you are taking a chance and abusing the policies that Carnival has set up. I guess those who are special feel the signs on the doors telling FTTF and Platinum guests that they can go to their cabins, don't apply to them. (I know I will be in big trouble for this comment,)

Seniormom, I think you are doing what you should do, but there are those who feel ----- Just wait until the ship says cabins are available and thanks for doing what you are supposed to.

HI--VERY SIMPLE--JUST GO TO YOUR CABIN NUMBER---AND CHECK????????--most of the CABINS ARE READY--WAY BEFORE THE 1;30 TIME-----FROM-IRENE AND JOHN--81 CRUISERS ON CARNIVAL---

Yep -- same advice, go look! I leave everyone and the suitcases behind in the buffet area -- and I go look.

Now that I'm Platinum, I just go with everyone in tow.

Be polite, be easy going, and accept what you get. Chances are you will have a cabin ready, earlier than 1:30, when there is normal boarding.

Have FUN FUN FUN on your cruise!!!

Our routine is to get onboard and head to the Lido deck, find a table and I sit there with the carry-ons while the DH goes in search of food. The DS goes off to make new friends with a set time to return to meet us right where he left us. We just sit there, eat, drink, and relax until we hear the message over the loud speaker that the rooms are ready. We've always heard that message and it must be because we are paying attention and waiting for it. We've always done this and it works for us. The DH and I explore the ship after we've gotten our luggage and put our stuff away. We don't feel the need to worry about when the room is going to be ready. It's ready when it's ready. In the meantime, we're eating, drinking, and sitting back relaxing.:D That's how we roll.;)

Edited by mousey

My last 2 cruises I was sitting in the hallway outside the doors to the rooms when they made the announcement that the rooms were now ready... 1 was at 1 PM, last time was at 12:30. Our friends were on the Lido deck and said they never heard the announcements, so maybe with the noise etc by the pool they couldn't hear it.

We were sitting in the nice air conditioning, in comfy chairs where it was nice and quiet so we heard the announcement right away.

Yep I go and look. The only signs I see are the ones that say don't use the elevators. I wait until it's close to 1 or so and the cabin has always been ready and nothing was said. I never seen any crew at any of the doors standing guard or anything making sure you can enter or not.

On all of our cruises there has always been an announcement when the cabins are ready.

Even if the cabins are ready luggage may not have been delivered. Some elevators get blocked off to be used my staff delivering luggage to the cabins.

I've never seen hallway doors shut. Only once have I seen elevator signs. Our cabin has always been ready. We ask politely if we can go to our room and dump our stuff and we are always told yes and when we get there, the room has always been done. We show up around 11-11:30. We do sometimes however roam the ship with our stuff first for 30-60 minutes. Love it when it is empty.