Notification of E-Docs

jsf

Who gives me notification that my E-Docs are ready to print? My TA says it's the cruise line that will let me know. I got a final payment notice from my TA that states they will send me an email notice so I can print them. There seems to be some confusion, we've got 57 days to get them,and I don't want a problem to come up at the last minute. Some years ago I got my cruise doc's from RCCL on Tuesday for the following Saturday cruise.

J.

Be sure that you have completed all of the online check-in process. Docs cannot be issued without that step completed. 45 days is about the right timing. Also check your roll call to see if others are receiving doc notifications.

If you've completed all of your online check-in process, and you don't have to change anything, your e-docs are ready to print(my cruise is in 67 days, and my X-Press Pass is be ready to print now(if you need to change anything, do it before you print it out, because you'll have to reprint everything again anyway). Go to your "My Celebrity", click on the Manage Reservation tab, and select Online Check-in. There should be a green check mark under "Step 4 X-Press Pass" and the print prompt should work. You can print your documents from now until 3 days before you sail.

According to my own profile page, your luggage tags can be ordered beginning 49 days before your cruise. There should be a link or notification on your profile page that will allow you to order the luggage tags. You'll also get some tags when you print out your cruise documents.

I printed the e-docs one time, my first cruise. realized no one did anything with them, so don't bother any more. Order luggage tags online, or just use the one that prints out with the express pass and copy it, or have a porter attach one at the pier.

Don't even really have to do the check in process either, it can all be done at the pier like last minute bookers have to do, when you can;t complete checkin within 4 days of departure.

Save a tree. :D

I had airport transfers, they just checked their list. Excursions, they sent tickets anyway the night before to cabin.

I printed the e-docs one time, my first cruise. realized no one did anything with them, so don't bother any more. Order luggage tags online, or just use the one that prints out with the express pass and copy it, or have a porter attach one at the pier.

Don't even really have to do the check in process either, it can all be done at the pier like last minute bookers have to do, when you can;t complete checkin within 4 days of departure.

Save a tree. :D

I had airport transfers, they just checked their list. Excursions, they sent tickets anyway the night before to cabin.

I have shown up without e docs :eek: your already in the system. Your absolutely right. If your concerned have a copy of your info available on your phone. :D p.s. I enjoy reading your postings.

You do not need your e-docs in order to sail but if you have Celebrity insurance, are on a cruise tour, have Celebrity transfers, etc. it is nice to view the e-docs for additional information. I don't print anything but I do transfer the PDF of the docs to my Kindle so that I have contact information if needed. It has come in handy with both cruises and land trips when there has been a travel delay or emergency causing the very last minute cancellation of a cruise.

Once you do the online check in you can print the 1st page of the express pass and take it with you when you board. Just makes boarding easier. The only time I have reprinted the 1st page is if I changed the credit card that I wanted to use on board.

E-docs are usually available 7 weeks before you cruise and you can order luggage tags then. If you don't get an email keep checking the on line check in page of your reservation.

Mary Lou

So are E Docs and the Espress pass ( from the on line check in) the same thing?

I was able to print the espress pass and I dont sail till Sept 26. I do reaiize I have to wait to order the luggage tags

Thanks, Gena

I was able to print the espress pass and I dont sail till Sept 26. I do reaiize I have to wait to order the luggage tags

Thanks, Gena

No, express pass think of as your "Boarding Pass" only, think back to the old days when airline E-Tckets first started, some tickets needed a HARD ticket, others not. The Edocs are the "hard ticket" that marries to the express pass. It's a big booklet maybe 20 pages or so of the cruise rules, what to do, excursion info etc.... lots of mumbo jumbo and legalese that many need not be concerned with.

You get express pass as soon as check in is done, e-docs are then prepared automatically by some computer behind the scenes and placed on your account some days later for your records. When these are done you can email for your luggage tags.

Thanks, Gena

Though not absolutely essential, completing/printing/signing your Xpress Pass will expedite the check-in process...

Your e-docs are a summary of your cruise itinerary, contain information as to any flights/hotels/transfers you may have purchased through Celebrity, will summarize any tours you may have purchased in advance [through the date the e-docs are produced], specify any trip insurance you may have bought through the cruise line, and summarize Terms & Conditions associated with sailing Celebrity... For the most part--there may be exceptions if you purchased flights/hotels/transfers from Celebrity--they are no more than a reference for you... I don't personally print them but save them to the tablet I use for travel [in PDF format] should I need to reference them; so far, that has never occurred...

Once you get e-mail notice [via Celebrity directly and/or your Travel Agent] that your e-docs are available for you to access on-line--generally about 45 days prior to your sailing date--you will, if in the US or Canada [procedures can vary elsewhere], be able to order luggage tags for mailing to your home... The link for ordering luggage tags--it will not appear until your e-docs are ready--can be found on the same web page at which one starts the online check-in [ie; Xpress Pass] process...

One process/set of documents has nothing to do with the other... And though some think otherwise, one does not have to complete the online check-in process [which is available up to four days prior to sail date; after that, all check-in procedures are done at the terminal] in order to receive e-docs and to order luggage tags...

One process/set of documents has nothing to do with the other... And though some think otherwise, one does not have to complete the online check-in process [which is available up to four days prior to sail date; after that, all check-in procedures are done at the terminal] in order to receive e-docs and to order luggage tags...

Thank's for the clear info X-port, seems like a lot of misinformation going around

J,

The Celebrity online check-in page has the following regarding ordering luggage tags:

"Luggage Tags

To print or request luggage tags, you must:

• Complete your online check-in

• Have your cruise eDocs issued

• Allow 49 days or less before you sail"

So if this is still correct and you want luggage tags you would have to complete the online check-in process to order.

The Celebrity online check-in page has the following regarding ordering luggage tags:

"Luggage Tags

So if this is still correct and you want luggage tags you would have to complete the online check-in process to order.

Correct, if you want them to MAIL you luggage tags. You can also photo copy (or print multiple copies) of the tag that prints with express pass, or find the one buried near the end of E-docs when issued later and print/copy that one.

However you can show up at the pier with no tags and the porters will affix them and not do any of the hassle - just as long as you know your cabin number.

"Luggage Tags

"How do I get luggage tags for my cruise?

North American guests who have received their electronic cruise document (eDoc) and have an assigned stateroom number may request their complimentary luggage tags by logging on to Online Check-in

Once you log-in (providing your name, last name, ship & sail date), select "request" in the Luggage Tags section of the Cruise Documentation Page to submit. A set of eight complimentary self-adhesive, printed luggage tags will be mailed via the United States Postal Service to the North American mailing address provided in your request form. The tags color coded & customized to your ship, sailing date & stateroom.

Luggage tags may be requested as soon as you receive your eDoc, up until 11 days prior to sailing. Luggage tags will be available upon arrival at the pier for guest with a guaranty stateroom or for guests who do not submit a request at least 11 days prior to sailing.

If you receive printed cruise documents for $35 per document, your customized set of luggage tags will be included in your printed document book."

Unless things have changed very recently [since April], it has never been necessary to complete online check-in to order luggage tags once one's E-Docs have been issued [though as noted in my earlier post above, the link to order luggage tags does appear on the same webpage as one would use to start the online check-in process, it has not been necessary to have completed or to then complete online check-in to request luggage tags]... Issuance of E-Docs and the ability to order luggage tags are prompted by payment-in-full, not online check-in [which remains an option until four days prior to cruise date]...

I'll try to remember to again put my experience to the test in August!

.......Once you do the online check in you can print the 1st page of the express pass and take it with you when you board. Just makes boarding easier. The only time I have reprinted the 1st page is if I changed the credit card that I wanted to use on board..
........and even then it is not necessary to reprint it.

We have changed cards at the last minute a couple of times and just presented the card we wanted to use when we checked in at the port. They swiped it, gave us our seapass cards, and that was it, no different than using the same card we had originally listed.