Beach Towels

I am going on my first cruise in September on the Carnival Freedom! A few questions about towels. I'm sure these will seem like stupid questions to some people...

1. I have read that we take the towels from our cabin on shore with us, and to be sure to bring it back onboard or we will be charged. Is this correct?

2. Will there be towels available at the pools on the ship or do we bring our towels from our cabin? Are the 'chair-hogs' confident that no one is going to take their towel?....I would be too concerned about someone taking it and then me having to pay for it!

3. We have a cabana booked at HMC. Does anyone know if there will be towels in there for us or should we bring them from the ship? (I read the excursion info about our cabana, but it doesn't mention anything about towels).

Would appreciate any info! Thanks!

I am going on my first cruise in September on the Carnival Freedom! A few questions about towels. I'm sure these will seem like stupid questions to some people...

1. I have read that we take the towels from our cabin on shore with us, and to be sure to bring it back onboard or we will be charged. Is this correct? Yes. That is correct.

2. Will there be towels available at the pools on the ship or do we bring our towels from our cabin? Are the 'chair-hogs' confident that no one is going to take their towel?....I would be too concerned about someone taking it and then me having to pay for it! First of all, don't be a chair hog. In other words, don't leave an item on a chair by the pool all day thinking that you can reserve it for yourself for the entire day. As long as you're actually using the chair, no one will bother your things.

3. We have a cabana booked at HMC. Does anyone know if there will be towels in there for us or should we bring them from the ship? (I read the excursion info about our cabana, but it doesn't mention anything about towels). We've never rented a cabana at HMC. I could be wrong, but I don't think towels are provided. You can check with Guest Services to make sure, but I believe you bring your own towel(s) from the ship.

Hope you have a great cruise!

1. I have read that we take the towels from our cabin on shore with us, and to be sure to bring it back onboard or we will be charged. Is this correct?

2. Will there be towels available at the pools on the ship or do we bring our towels from our cabin? Are the 'chair-hogs' confident that no one is going to take their towel?....I would be too concerned about someone taking it and then me having to pay for it!

3. We have a cabana booked at HMC. Does anyone know if there will be towels in there for us or should we bring them from the ship? (I read the excursion info about our cabana, but it doesn't mention anything about towels).

You are provided towels, be sure to bring them back.

I don't know what Carnival charges for towels but this is HAL's price:

Nieuw_Amsterdam_ship_2014_033.JPG

Nieuw_Amsterdam_ship_2014_031.JPG

On HAL you can leave the dirty towels on the bathroom floor and they are supposed to be replaced right away. That didn't happen to us. We had to get hold of our room stewards and request new towels.

Towels are not provided on HMC -- you have to bring them from the ship -- so remember to bring them back with you -- even if they are wet and sandy.

Is this true for the cabanas as well? We have a cabana booked at HMC and I wasn't sure if they were provided or if we should bring our own from the ship.

We take 2 micro towels with us to use for days at the beach. Many of the tours we take have a beach stop as part of other activities. When other people are lugging around those big bulky towels from the ship all day, we are glad we have our tiny towel inside our daypack. They rinse and dry quickly for use the next day.

We take 2 micro towels with us to use for days at the beach. Many of the tours we take have a beach stop as part of other activities. When other people are lugging around those big bulky towels from the ship all day, we are glad we have our tiny towel inside our daypack. They rinse and dry quickly for use the next day.

Oooh I'm intrigued. Can you provide a link to amazon or similar to show what you mean? I have a great imagination, but for some reason right now (after a long day of work!) I read micro towels and all I can picture is a washcloth LOL

Thanks!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GELAE2I?psc=1

My microfiber towel is 38"x20" . I have about 8 of these towels and two turbans which I bought in the spa area of TJ Maxx. I have not seen any there in the last 6 months. I swim laps everyday and use them in the locker room. When we travel we roll two towels up tight and put rubber bands around them. You can use them dry off or sit on in a dirty or sandy spot and they are light and take up little space. They wash easy and dry quickly. I read on Cruise Critic board for the $1 Store a suggestion to buy a flannel backed table cloth to lay on on the beach (flannel side up) and throw in the trash as you leave. I have not looked into this idea but it might work where you are spending more time at the beach. Places like Labadee and CocoCay we use the towels from the ship to lay on the chairs. We find them big, heavy and bulky to carry back and forth. Although I saw a good idea of some clips you can get at the $1 Store to hold the Ship towels to your chairs in the wind. They found them in the laundry area of the $1 Store.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GELAE2I?psc=1

My microfiber towel is 38"x20" . I have about 8 of these towels and two turbans which I bought in the spa area of TJ Maxx. I have not seen any there in the last 6 months. I swim laps everyday and use them in the locker room. When we travel we roll two towels up tight and put rubber bands around them. You can use them dry off or sit on in a dirty or sandy spot and they are light and take up little space. They wash easy and dry quickly. I read on Cruise Critic board for the $1 Store a suggestion to buy a flannel backed table cloth to lay on on the beach (flannel side up) and throw in the trash as you leave. I have not looked into this idea but it might work where you are spending more time at the beach. Places like Labadee and CocoCay we use the towels from the ship to lay on the chairs. We find them big, heavy and bulky to carry back and forth. Although I saw a good idea of some clips you can get at the $1 Store to hold the Ship towels to your chairs in the wind. They found them in the laundry area of the $1 Store.

Oh! OK I see! Thanks!