Carnival Splendor

Jeffrey1950

Just off the Splendor today after eight days I must say I was pleasantly surprised and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The food was outstanding the crew wonderful.. I will certainly be doing this again !!

Edited by Jeffrey1950

Glad to hear it was a good time. We were on her last November and it was a great experience.

We really like the Splendor as well. Well, not wild about the pink circles. :) We spent 48 days on her last year on the relo from LA to NYC. We are taking her again in Nov. from San Juan to Miami. Really looking forward to that cruise as we have never had pre-cruise time in PR. John

I'm not a huge fan of the bigger ships, but have to confess that I had very good cruises on Glory (twice) and Conquest.

I actually think I'll like Splendor's layout more than the Conquest class. I don't like the closed-in aft pool on that class ship.

And I'm hoping that with the giant TV facing aft rather than forward, that the Serenity Deck on Splendor may actually be a little more, you know, serene! ;)

Hope I like her since I'm booked on her for the November repo and October 2015 Bermuda sailings. But, to be honest, the ship isn't that important to me, anyway. But it is nice to read the comments.

Glad you loved it, and to hear that the food was good. You were getting off, and my mom and sister was getting on. They said their Spa Room, and the facilities were great, and the Lido food was good, before they pulled out of port.

This their fourth cruise, and my sister noted that the ship wasn't to much over the top for her (when compared to the Miracle), and she likes how the decor is different on ship that she has been on. She posted a few pictures before leaving, of the room decorations for moms birthday, and Carnival did a great job of getting everything ready in the room before they arrived (Was a surprise). They'll be back next Thursday, just in time for moms actually birthday on the fourth, then its count down to the official family birthday celebration on the Sunshine in August. Happy sailing!!!!!

Just off the Splendor today after eight days I must say I was pleasantly surprised and would do it all over again in a heartbeat. The food was outstanding the crew wonderful.. I will certainly be doing this again !!

yay!!!!! :-) glad you had a great time!!!

I actually think I'll like Splendor's layout more than the Conquest class. I don't like the closed-in aft pool on that class ship.

SPLENDOR's aft pool/lido arrangement is a huge improvement over the CONQUEST class.

We were on the same cruise and loved it. Agree that the food was hit or miss but the crew was fantastic! Loved the singing maître d Mr K and the dining staff hustled their tails off for anytime dining, all with a smile on their face. Special requests were no problem, my hubby wanted a real ice cream sundae and after just mentioning it to Sharon (the hostess) they brought him one the next night! Actually loved the decor and it was fun to tour NYC before the cruise. HMC is as amazing as everyone said. The east coast passengers were fun and the break dancing at the deck party was awesome! Carnival should hire those guys. Only complaint was the teen club didn't have much in the way of activities. But loved our cruise!!

We were on her last July and loved her.

Glad you loved it, and to hear that the food was good. You were getting off, and my mom and sister was getting on. They said their Spa Room, and the facilities were great, and the Lido food was good, before they pulled out of port.

My mom and her sister are aboard this sailing as well! Their second time on the Splendor.

Edited by irishnyc

We were on the same cruise also. We had a fantastic time!!! The food was all "hit" for our group, except for few dishes that my rather picky m-i-l didn't care for much. Staff was absolutely wonderful!!! It was one of my best cruises to date. Although I still prefer the Spirit class layout.