Packing Snacks?

JandKMom

We have occasionally purchased chips and snacks in the gift shop. It's vacation and it's not more than buying an overpriced glass of wine. We all pick our vices.

If you have a hankering for potato chips- the do serve them with the sandwiches at Bistro on Five. I'm sure if you want extra- they'll give you them. They also have bar mix, which they will be happy to give you for free at any of the indoor bars.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

They always warn you that it is not allowed to take food from the ship into the port of call, but that is why sometimes, I pack a granola bar or two to take on an excursion. Sometimes it is not convenient to find a place on land to purchase a snack ... so I agree with your mother in law. If you plan on taking any all day excursions, it might be advisable to take a snack in a personal sized package on shore with you.

There will be plenty of snacks on the ship ... the bars might have a chex mix type of snack or peanuts (have had it on Princess before) and there are things at the buffet that can be considered snacks. On Celebrity and NCL, I have seen canisters of nuts, seeds and dried fruit available at breakfast time ...near the cereals.

Ah, but remember they days they used to pack a lunch for you to take on shore?? That promptly ended when the local governments saw they were making less money off the travelers.

As with everything else, we are all different people.....the last thing

I think about before taking a cruise is what food I am going to

bring with me. Actually, it is not the last thing.....it is one thing I just

don't think about at all. I never bring any food with me and never miss

anything.

Maybe with kids or with adults who have dietary issues it is a

necessity to have something in the cabin "always available" but I

do just fine with what is offered on the ship:)