Does the Diamond Club Serve Basic Mixed Drinks Like Celebrity Elites?

We are sailing on the Oasis this weekend. A last minute booking of a ship we need to see. We are Elite members on Celebrity and when I read the perks today online at RC's site it said they serve wine, champagne and soft drinks in the Diamond Club and other drinks are 25% off. I have read many posts tonight on this site but have not found an answer to this question.

Has RC changed their policy? Do they serve martini's for free in the Diamond Club like the Elite lounges do on Celebrity?

Appreciate a response from anyone that might know if there has been a recent change or was this always their policy. I remember our last cruise with them and am certain we got alcohol drinks as Diamond members.

Thank You,

Karen

Yes, you can usually get Martinis in the Diamond Lounge, among other drinks, for no charge.

What you were reading applies to the nightly Diamond event, which is only on a very few ships now that don't have a dedicated Diamond Lounge. Oasis has a dedicated Diamond Lounge.

Edited by clarea

To the OP.....

The lounge is open for cocktails EVERY evening, a bit different from Celebrity. The lounge will be open during the day serving continental breakfast (similar to the elite coffee house breakfast) and has a self serve specialty coffee machine.

Enjoy

M

We are sailing on the Oasis this weekend. A last minute booking of a ship we need to see. We are Elite members on Celebrity and when I read the perks today online at RC's site it said they serve wine, champagne and soft drinks in the Diamond Club and other drinks are 25% off. I have read many posts tonight on this site but have not found an answer to this question.

Has RC changed their policy? Do they serve martini's for free in the Diamond Club like the Elite lounges do on Celebrity?

Appreciate a response from anyone that might know if there has been a recent change or was this always their policy. I remember our last cruise with them and am certain we got alcohol drinks as Diamond members.

Thank You,

Karen

I think that you will be very happy with the Diamond Club if you have been accustomed to Celebrity's Elite event.

As pointed out, it is available every night of your cruise - no skipping a couple of nights. ;)

And the drink choices, while limited, are better than Celebrity's.

:)

What you can order in the Diamond Club varies from ship to ship. We have been on ships that would make any drink imaginable...even chocolate martinis. We have been on other ships where we have been extremely limited to what we could order.

All in all, you should be able to order something you enjoy....it's a great perk!

The answer is yes, during cocktail hours.

I had rum punch, Jack & Coke, and Gin & Tonic many times. Complimentary during cocktail hours.

Read this blog post for more information (and videos).

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/06/adventure-of-seas-diamond-lounge-june.html

Nice link, thanks!

Question - which beers are available during Diamond cocktail hour?

My experience is that the selection is not very wide. So far I've asked for Light beers and I have been given the choice of Bud Light or Miller Lite. I have not asked for other beers. My Dad usually take Heineken.

Which other beers are available? Is Corona available?

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Thank you all. Wonder which ship did the Chocolate Martini's??? We found the same on Celebrity. Some Elite lounges served more than others. And when the ship was too full on the TA's they gave vouchers out for several bars. 3 pp. Since I don't drink much I got water bottles which ranged in sizes from bar to bar....

Looking forward to the Oasis and seeing this magnificent ship. Great being back in S Florida where one can book a week before and run to the ship in 35 minutes!!!

Karen

Thank you all. Wonder which ship did the Chocolate Martini's??? We found the same on Celebrity. Some Elite lounges served more than others. And when the ship was too full on the TA's they gave vouchers out for several bars. 3 pp. Since I don't drink much I got water bottles which ranged in sizes from bar to bar....

Looking forward to the Oasis and seeing this magnificent ship. Great being back in S Florida where one can book a week before and run to the ship in 35 minutes!!!

Karen

It was the Mariner of the Seas on our B2B in October 2012. On our last cruise, on the Brilliance, the choices were pretty good but much more limited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What you can order in the Diamond Club varies from ship to ship. We have been on ships that would make any drink imaginable...even chocolate martinis. We have been on other ships where we have been extremely limited to what we could order...
If Happy Hour is held in the dedicated Diamond Lounge, they pretty much only have ingredients for the official menu drinks. Quite often, due to too many people, Happy Hour is moved to a larger venue which has a full bar. They are still supposed to stick to the official menu, but quite often will provide additional items. IMO the better tippers are more likely to be treated with more generosity:rolleyes:

Being both D+ and E+ I have familiarity with both programs. RCI DL clearly wins on length of evening Happy Hour, but no morning drinks and no almond croissants:eek:. X has better internet time, laundry and dry cleaning, but no free picture, and no Happy Hour upon embarking and on day of Senior Officer Party. All in all I rate the programs about equal, but that depends on what you value most. I'm happy with either.:)

Thom