Platinum balcony discount denied because . . .

[quote name='clarea']Yes, and I suspect it was an intentional modification to the pricing system, to prevent most all CSRs from overriding the computer price.[/QUOTE]

I agree- Also I think they figure (which is probably true) that most folks won't escalate it when they are told no or told that the cruise will be re-priced.

[quote name='knittinggirl']We had a problem with OBC from an open booking, and they had to send it to resolutions, because they KNEW we were entitled to it.

Just wondering, if anyone was able to keep their OBC if they made a booking onboard, then changed it to something else.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the Onboard bookins made after March 17th I have read on here that they are letting those that picked a specific cruise to change their sailing and retain the OBC at the rate they booked at. I son't know how many times they will let someone change things but I have read posts from someone that changed I believe twice already.

[quote name='molly361']I agree- Also I think they figure (which is probably true) that most folks won't escalate it when they are told no or told that the cruise will be re-priced.

If you are talking about the Onboard bookins made after March 17th I have read on here that they are letting those that picked a specific cruise to change their sailing and retain the OBC at the rate they booked at. I son't know how many times they will let someone change things but I have read posts from someone that changed I believe twice already.[/quote]
It will probably work until their next policy change, then who knows. When the C&A rep noticed I'd made open bookings, she suggested I make specific itinerary bookings and change them before final payment date. But who knows what they'll allow in 2016. Also, we'd have to convert them to our TA, and then we wouldn't be able to book them ourselves while the TA is closed.

I still don't understand why they would think it would be appropriate to reprice to add the C&A Balcony discount to match your level. I am Emerald now, and have a Balcony booked for August 2015. If I happen to take another cruise before then on RCI, I would move to Diamond. I would expect they would add the additional discount onto that booking without repricing. It sounds like it is currently a "no", but that is a stated benefit of C&A. It feels wrong to me.

I booked two cruises under the bogoho sale. One was right before my May cruise, one right after. I turned platinum on my May cruise. They would not apply the discount to either one. They said it had to do with not being able to combine discounts.

[quote name='laurspag']I booked two cruises under the bogoho sale. One was right before my May cruise, one right after. I turned platinum on my May cruise. They would not apply the discount to either one. They said it had to do with not being able to combine discounts.[/quote]
The BOGOHO is combinable with the balcony discount. It's possible you had another C&A discount already applied that was better than the balcony discount.

We booked a BTBTB (BOGOHO) while on the cruise which would gave us D+ status. We received the D balcony discount. When I saw our D+ status appear on our C&A account I called and had the additional discount applied. One leg of our cruise had gone up and when I pointed out that the fare was higher than when I booked, she had her supervisor fix it back to the original price less the additional discount.

This was early June. Edited by joandian

[quote name='clarea']The BOGOHO is combinable with the balcony discount. It's possible you had another C&A discount already applied that was better than the balcony discount.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I think I may have had a savings certificate applied. Maybe the OP had another discount as well?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='laurspag']Good point. I think I may have had a savings certificate applied. Maybe the OP had another discount as well?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

There was no additional discount applied to the reservation. This was not a BOGO cruise a year ago when booked. Nothing special at all as far as rates or specials at that time. This was not on a next cruise certificate either.

As stated in my first and original post, the issue here is now that I'm Platinum I should be receiving the Platinum balcony discount.

As I previously stated, either Monday or Tuesday I will ask to speak to a Resolutions person hoping to either receive the appropriate discount or have an explanation as to why I am not eligible for the discount.

Thanks everyone for you input, opinions and ideas.

We made D at the end of our Apr 27th Hawaii to Vancouver, had I waited to book the 2015 SOS until we made D our discount wouldn't have helped as the JS had jumped from $2.000 to $2700 pp by the time we left for our trip and there were no JS left when we got back, so we were stuck.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We booked a cruise through the ship Rep. on our last cruise in March. She was the one that noticed that we would change status on our November cruise. She told us that we were eligible for an additional discount after the November cruise and told us to call about three weeks after the cruise to have the balcony discount adjusted! :confused:

Wonder why she didn't have the correct information! ? ! ? [/SIZE][/FONT]:eek:

[quote name='island284']There was no additional discount applied to the reservation. This was not a BOGO cruise a year ago when booked. Nothing special at all as far as rates or specials at that time. This was not on a next cruise certificate either.

As stated in my first and original post, the issue here is now that I'm Platinum I should be receiving the Platinum balcony discount.

As I previously stated, either Monday or Tuesday I will ask to speak to a Resolutions person hoping to either receive the appropriate discount or have an explanation as to why I am not eligible for the discount.

Thanks everyone for you input, opinions and ideas.[/QUOTE]

I'll be very interested to hear the outcome of this as I am in exactly the same position. I actually brought this up when I booked the cruise with a US TA and she didn't think there should be a problem with adding the discount and that I should just call her when we return from our next cruise and she would then get the discount added by RCI.

It wouldn't have stopped me booking the cruise even without the discount, but it would be nice to know exactly what RCI's policy is and that they apply it consistently and fairly!!

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='dolfansam']That is funny because I booked Quantum the day bookings came open. I was Platinum at the time and got the $100 discount, but already had a cruise booked that would put me in Emerald. They told me to call back when I got off that cruise and they would adjust the discount to reflect my new status. Funny thing is now I may achieve Diamond before then, but I already cancelled the cruise because they changed the itinerary and was not willing to spend that much for San Juan and two days in Labadee.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

They told me the same thing. I was told to call back to apply the new discount. I was emerald and had 3 cruises booked. I just returned from the cruise that made me diamond and when I called I was told the the cruise will be repriced to a higher price so I can't do it. I called again today hoping to get a different rep. And I was told that I called already regarding this matter and I was told again the same.they took time to note my reservation that I called for the new discount. They keep on taking things away you can fell it even in the cruise itself a bit here and a bit their

I don't even think I'll bother trying to get my extra discount (going from Emerald to Diamond) on my 2015 New England cruise, which would have been a difference of $100. The cabin price has increased about $2,000 since we booked :eek:

Could someone please write the different discounts that are available for each C&A level....so that everyone here, knows exactly what is being referred to?

I know that DH and I are Diamond and getting closer to Diamond +; we still have quite a few cruises to take before we get there.

We don't have the luxury that many of you seem to have -- to be able to book several cruises in a row, well in advance of when we can take them....our land life, I just guess, isn't that flexible.

What also amazes me personally is that in a short period of time, someone can go from Platinum to Emerald; or Emerald to Diamond -- each level jump is 25 points or 'nights on board' (yes, I know there are double nights rewarded for staying in a suite). I know we wish we could, but we can't.

[quote name='Paulette3028']Could someone please write the different discounts that are available for each C&A level....so that everyone here, knows exactly what is being referred to?...[/quote]

Another extensive list, courtesy of Patti:

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457 Edited by clarea

[quote name='clarea']Another extensive list, courtesy of Patti:

[B][url][/B]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457[/quote]
:eek::eek::D:eek::eek:
[quote name='Paulette3028']Could someone please write the different discounts that are available for each C&A level....so that everyone here, knows exactly what is being referred to?

[/quote]
[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457"]Current C&A Balcony Discounts With New OBC Amounts Effective 3/15/2014[/URL] Edited by cruisenfever

[quote name='cruisenfever']:eek::eek::D:eek::eek:

[URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457"]Current C&A Balcony Discounts With New OBC Amounts Effective 3/15/2014[/URL][/quote]
Don't know what happened, but thanks for fixing it.:)

I, too, was denied the change/credit balcony discount for reservations made over 9 months ago and in between that time and now moved to Platinum. After talking to several different RCCL representatives, I was still denied the discount. Resolutions nor C & A would give me a reason.

Of course if I was willing to take the new current price I could have the balcony discount but as you can well imagine, that would have cost ME money.

Come on Royal start being loyal to those of us who cruise enough with you to earn the discounts!!!

Island284