Comments re: Independence of the Seas

I appreciate that people's view are subjective and open to different perceptions, environment, expectations etc. but as there is often negativity about IOS I just wanted to post these comments.

My family got off her today and said it was the best cruise they've had. The ship was in a great condition, all the staff were more than helpful and very cheery along with great food in all locations and a lovely positive buzz around the whole ship. Activities and entertainment were great.

:-)

I just don't understand the negativity around this ship. Everyone we spoke to had absolutely loved this cruise. It was fantastic from start to finish! :D

Cheers

Davy !!!

I don't understand the negativity either... I've sailed on everything from Majesty to Oasis and thoroughly enjoyed outer eight night on Indy last November. We have the 6 night on her booked in December. We thought she was clean, well-staffed and the Royal Tots program was excellent. Food was good (even a good selection for us as vegans) and drinks were strong. All you can ask for in a cruise!!

Comments re: Independence of the Seas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I appreciate that people's view are subjective and open to different perceptions, environment, expectations etc. but as there is often negativity about IOS I just wanted to post these comments.

My family got off her today and said it was the best cruise they've had. The ship was in a great condition, all the staff were more than helpful and very cheery along with great food in all locations and a lovely positive buzz around the whole ship. Activities and entertainment were great.

Old June 17th, 2014, 10:47 PM

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jan 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't touch Indy with a barge pole, but that's just my opinion.

I'd take heed of the reviews.

I have relatives on there at the moment doing a 14 day Med cruise and they have said the staff are very stand offish, unhelpful and the ship isn't clean in many areas, especially the toilets.

My aunt has flown in from the US and it is her first cruise and she says she isn't impressed.

Sorry

Im really glad your family had a good time after you made such negative comments about Independence on this previous thread. As I stated on that thread we had a great time on Indi she's a beautiful, clean ship with a great crew and I'm sorry its people like you who haven't been on her yet throw out negative comments that cause all the negative posts on here......Ill say no more I don't want to appear rude but you've made me feel very angry tonight.

Our Favourite ship!!!:D Absolutely no complaints and we spent a month B2B on her last year and again this year. Booked again for next year.

Some of the Officers are visible almost every night in the Promenade. Even their great Hotel Director is out there! A SPOTLESS ship, cleanest we have been on. They stand there to receive comments and to greet the guests.

We also were on her in March-My first RCL cruise and my wife's second-It was also one of our best cruises to date. Wonderful ship, the quietest room we have ever had. Not one problem the whole cruise

Fab in every respect. Love her.

I find most of the neg comments are easily rectifiable with a little flextle thinking.

I especially like it when people say its too busy around the pool ...... There is so much space just find somewhere else.

Edited by Adayatatime

Glad you had a great time. We love Indy. We were on her last month and will be back on in November. I don't understand the negative comments as we have only found good, the staff are amazing, Joff has the energy of a Duracell bunny and the food is fantastic.

I was in Southampton yesterday to see Indy and took this photo :)

566-28thJune-IOTS_zps0fd7ad85.jpg

Indy gets my thumbs up as well

The comments about cleanliness and toilets above are laughable from what we experienced and that was just 2 weeks ago.

I see someone s doing a live from Indy this week, will be interesting to see what they experience.

Dave

I will admit that I've allowed negative information to slightly change my opinion of RC lately. While I look forward to my forthcoming cruise, I am seeing changes from the last time I cruised (over 17 years ago) that aren't for the better.

It is ALWAYS great to hear positive feedback.

jayblue RCCL cruiser

I agree with dave that the remarks are laughable , I think we must have been on the same sailing. The ship is soo clean and the crew were excellent as usual.

What I'm so annoyed about is that the same person who made those remarks about her being a dirty ship ,the crew were unfriendly and stand offish and that they wouldn't touch Indy with a barge pole is the same person who started this thread about his family having a great time....

After reading all the posts about the IOS; we are going on the New Years Eve cruise this year; my comment is that people have expectations set when the go on a cruise. If the tables are not cleaned quickly in the Windjammer or the beds are not made quickly; people get upset. Remember, the cruise worker works long hours 12-16 hours a day sometimes to wait on your simple pleasures so give them a break.

I agree with dave that the remarks are laughable , I think we must have been on the same sailing. The ship is soo clean and the crew were excellent as usual.

What I'm so annoyed about is that the same person who made those remarks about her being a dirty ship ,the crew were unfriendly and stand offish and that they wouldn't touch Indy with a barge pole is the same person who started this thread about his family having a great time....

Hi jennywren46. Thanks for your comments.

Interesting that people make comments with little understanding or perceptions they reach without enough information.

I fed back honest 'negative' feedback from my relatives who were on Indy with my Auntie from the USA and then as a balance also fedback my relatives great feedback who are on their now.

I assume I'm allowed to do this and be honest with views that balance and even contradict each other with them being view of others I am sharing and not mine ?????

I did a Transatlantic on her in May and she is fabulous! And the service was outstanding!

When understanding a review you would also need to understand the personality of the one giving it. And on the internet that is just about impossible. So take all reviews (including mine) with a grain of salt.

On there now.....didn't you say they'd just come back from a cruise.... emmm

Never mind you stated your views that are allowed as anyones are but I still feel your very negative and to be honest your posts on that other thread were a little bit strong ,if not out of order especially as you weren't speaking from your own experience but told others you wouldn't touch Indy with a barge pole.

I've sailed on her four times and never had any bad experiences and maybe when you get to my old age,you might learn to keep your opinions to yourself until you know the full facts.

If I've offended you I'm sorry that wasn't my intention I just don't like hard working people put down..

Honestly, the IOTS was an AMAZING ship, we loved her, and we have went on the Allure and found the Indy to be awesome as well! The food in the MDR and buffet, we thought, was better on the Indy than on the Allure!

And the entertainment was great, maybe not as good as the Allure, but really good! Don't hesitate to try it for yourself!

I have seen a lot of bad reviews about Inde to having sailed on her 5 times and never had a problem, two of these cruises being 18 nights to the Med that being said all the cruises have been during the winter months.

A lot of the bad comments normally are about sailings during the summer months and have read people calling her 'Butlin's at sea' (UK holiday camp) due to the fact that sometimes there have been 1500 kids on-board.

I am not blaming the kids as have seen adult on her that make even more mess then the kids.

Have always found the crew to be friendly and helpfully she also now has a very good captain on-board in Capt Henrik W Loy very friendly and will always find time to talk.

Got off on Saturday 2 weeks round the Italian med and I can't fault it ! Loved the ship , food, people the lot! Constantly cleaning , staff were wonderful , lots of kid friendly and adult only places , wonderful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is how much I "disliked" Indy. We had been on ten other cruises on four different mainstream lines. Our first RCCL cruise was on the last 8-day sailing before she went across the pond. We have already booked two more cruises on the Navigator in August and the Adventure next May

Comparing Indy to the ships that we've sailed on CCL, NCL, and Princess, there is nothing that I thought deserved even a fair rating...everything good and above. (Well, the comedians were bad IMO, but the rest of the entertainment was very good.)

I have read some of those bad reviews as well. Some of them were on the same sailing that I was on and I think we must have been on different ships. I would cruise her again in a heartbeat.