Wifi?

jrm116

You are going when ?? on the BA :confused: It's NOT free WiFi but it's by MB data used.

Read here - the latest, just reported recently (within the last 2 or 3 sailings - on a trial or test basis) BA only - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057863

As always, YMMV - always check and reconfirm the particulars upon boarding.

Naval Dockyard has land-based PAID WiFi on the pier with day passes for sale, once you arrived @ BDA - connectivity and usability varied from reports - and signal not reached far enough for those onboard the ship, since its range limited. Good luck !

Edited by mking8288

You are going when ?? on the BA :confused: It's NOT free WiFi but it's by MB data used.

Read here - the latest, just reported recently (within the last 2 or 3 sailings - on a trial or test basis) BA only - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057863

As always, YMMV - always check and reconfirm the particulars upon boarding.

Naval Dockyard has land-based PAID WiFi on the pier with day passes for sale, once you arrived @ BDA - connectivity and usability varied from reports - and signal not reached far enough for those onboard the ship, since its range limited. Good luck !

Really looking at aug 3-10 to Bermuda

Ahhh, I was hoping it was measured by the amount of data instead of the amount of time. But whatever

They are offering that now. $39 buys 1000MB and lower volume plans available as well. There is a thread here with details.

Interet Rates on Breakaway

Small 100 MB for $9

Medium 300 MB for $19

Large 1000 MB for $39

Edited by time2cruise1

They are offering that now. $39 buys 1000MB and lower volume plans available as well. There is a thread here with details.

Interet Rates on Breakaway

Small 100 MB for $9

Medium 300 MB for $19

Large 1000 MB for $39

What would you recommend if internet will mostly be used for email, Facebook, Instagram, etc.?

What would you recommend if internet will mostly be used for email, Facebook, Instagram, etc.?

That would really depend on your personal usage, but if you're doing more photo-heavy things, you'll want at least 300MB. If you plan to use your phone, I would suggest you clear your Usage statistics and monitor them over the next few days of regular use. That should give you a better idea of the data you'll need.

I would definitely get the 1000MB for myself, but I'm a data hog haha :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for letting us know about this. If they charge by usage on Breakaway, I might actually buy an Internet package. That timed thing was such a terrible deal I didn't even care to try it out.

Here's hoping that these introductory prices will last until my cruise in September!

Just boarded BA today and got the 39$ package. Speeds are more than adequate and huge improvement from old internet service and pricing. Just relaxing in cabin listening to the ocean in cabin while we digest and playing with internet(while dh is snoring beside me) and must say having internet during down time is most enjoyAble. Giving the new internet two thumbs up. Okay it's almost time to wake dh and head on out for evening festivities.

• 2 weeks later...
Question: this is per device right? Not per room?

Wifi/internet charges are based on per account. If you sign up with your account, you could access the internet via the ship's computers (in the Internet Cafe) or your mobile device(s). Someone else could (with your permission, of course) use their own device and sign on using your account/password and it would still be charged to your one account. Of course, two people can sign up with different accounts, too.

Second that ... Wi-fi extremely slow onboard and the terminals have so many people trying to connect you are disconnected a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

The secret is to login at none peak times. First thing in the morning, dinner time, or late night. No issues with the speed. At all costs avoid the last afternoon with everyone trying to checkin for flights [emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

I was also on the same Breakaway sailing as Whenisthemidnightbuffet. I also bought the 300 MB plan. The speed was fairly good. 300 MB plan would be sufficient for most people. I left my phone logged into my account for the whole cruise. I was able to make a couple of magic jack phone calls and I used Netflix on it for a few minutes as a test. By the last day I had only used 200 MB.

Any idea when this will be going fleet wide?

There is currently nothing to suggest that it will ever go fleet wide. It seems to be specific to the Breakaway at the moment.

I suspect that some day it will be across the fleet, but they don't seem to have any current plans, and I wouldn't expect it to happen for a while.

Email and Facebook for most people is not a big data hog.

Instagram can vary widely. A few pics a day, or hundreds?

One of the pursers told us that they are testing a new internet provider and if all works out, they will go fleet wide with it. Agree, 300MB is more than enough for FB, email, etc. Once you want to download pics, movies, music, etc...you may want to go with 1GB