priority check in question.

I am sailing 22nd July on sos, we are a party of 6 with 2 gold members. My question is do the rest of my family go through priority check in with us as they are our guests. We have 2 connected balcony cabins and 1 inside.

Depends on the port personnel. If they don't let the entire group have priority check-in, then just go through the normal check-in. Priority check-in is not really a big deal.

SO many have priority check in, or bring others in the lines, that often regular check in lines are shorter. Take a look as you get inside the terminal.

As noted, the priority check is really no big deal; it is like check in at the airport. Wait in line, go up to a counter, fill out a short form, show your passport and credit card, get the sea pass card and you are done. If you arrive prior to the ship boarding you will all have to wait after check in anyway. (sort of like waiting to board the plane.)

If the other party are adults, even though they are with you in line, they will likely check in separately and maybe even with another agent, so all you will be doing is waiting in line together. It is actually quicker to have them use the next available agent than to go with you top the counter have you check in and then they check in. It doesn’t matter if they paid or if they are your guest. If it is important to wait in line together, than ask the staff when you get to the terminal. We find that the staff will check sea pass docs and direct passengers to the appropriate line.

Enjoy

M

RCCL has really improved check in service. 4 cabins

We were diamond and did priority. Two other cabins checked in with us.

The other just got in their own line and were finished just minutes after us.

This might be a stupid question but how do you prove you are a Gold member? I have never had to do it because I've only cruised with Royal once before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by texasgirl73

This might be a stupid question but how do you prove you are a Gold member? I have never had to do it because I've only cruised with Royal once before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your C&A status level is noted on your SetSail paperwork that you have printed out at home and brought with you....Mine always is. Enjoy your cruise !!

Depends on the port personnel. If they don't let the entire group have priority check-in, then just go through the normal check-in. Priority check-in is not really a big deal.

Absolutely agreed. Priority check in is not the same as priority boarding, which Gold C&A members do not have.