Bring soda onboard?

tampadee

forgive me if im wrong, and i know you will. with all the money we spent on the cruise, is it really worth it to schlep soda and water w/you? i believe the breakdown comes to $1.25 the ship charges.

It's not that big a deal to put it in your carry on. I don't like coke product, so get Pepsi products.

Have to be carried on, not in your checked bags.

Dh and I carried a 12 pack of cans each on board with us a couple weeks ago. Since we had never done an 8 day cruise we also packed a 12 pack of cans each in our checked bags and did not have a problem. They do open your luggage to inspect the bags but will leave a letter stating they did so. I normally pack our sodas in our luggage so we don't have to worry about toting them onboard and we've never had a problem. :)

The last time I sailed we bought water and coke with us. I bought water because if I wanted it when I was in the cabin it was there. The big bottle of water that is in the cabin is over $3.00 (if I remember correctly).

forgive me if im wrong, and i know you will. with all the money we spent on the cruise, is it really worth it to schlep soda and water w/you? i believe the breakdown comes to $1.25 the ship charges.

I bring my own soda on. It is 2.24 per can of soda or just under 27 dollars for a twelve pack on the ship. I can get 4 twelve packs for ten dollars so it is well worth it to carry on the soda for me. In our 4 person room bringing 4 twelve packs costs 10 instead of 108 dollars ;).

I bring my own soda on. It is 2.24 per can of soda or just under 27 dollars for a twelve pack on the ship. I can get 4 twelve packs for ten dollars so it is well worth it to carry on the soda for me. In our 4 person room bringing 4 twelve packs costs 10 instead of 108 dollars ;).

Looking for the "like" button. 😁

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

Please please don’t pack your drinks in your checked luggage. I really don’t want to start my vacation having to do laundry because your can/bottle of soft drink was crushed in the loading crate. Luggage is literally thrown into a loading crate stacked 6 to 8 layers high. If each bag weighs 50# and there are 6 on top of yours that is 300#.

Or you could purchase the bottomless bubbles program and pay $6/$4.50 a day for all you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We brought all sorts of non-alcoholic refreshments with us.

Soda bottles (that way they seal and can be put back in the mini--fridge, as opposed to cans). We bring coke, diet coke, sprite, dr. pepper, ginger ale.

Water bottles (for our tours in port or beach days). I find that I don't necessarily need a case, but I budget a water bottle per person per port day.

Starbucks Iced Caappuccino bottles - yum, we like to drink these over ice in the morning or after a long tour day, more refreshing than hot coffee on board and cheaper than ordering one at the Coffee Bar onboard.

Red Bull - my DH likes to drink these to get a quicker step in his day.

Being able to afford a cruise doesn't excuse being careless with my money. A twelve pack of soda is 3.99 where I live. It's over 27.00 dollars on board and we don't drink enough soda to justify the soda package. (not even close!)

OP: Yes, we bring soda and water and it's no trouble, at all.

Being able to afford a cruise doesn't excuse being careless with my money. A twelve pack of soda is 3.99 where I live. It's over 27.00 dollars on board and we don't drink enough soda to justify the soda package. (not even close!)

Agree with everyone, PLUS! I like my soda ice cold. Yes, I know they pour it in a glass of ice before you get it, but it comes out of a hot / luke warm can, and in my opinion, that is not a good soda! It immediately becomes watered down tasting because the warm soda melts the ice.

I have my room steward keep it on ice for me, since the fridges in our rooms don't get that cold. :D Don't drink a lot of soda, but when I do, it has to be GOOD. :D Still like it poured on ice, but it has to come out cold too! I'm picky, lol.

Edited by kristie64063

And I very much agree with this!! Just because I can afford it, doesn't mean it's SMART to spend $27 for 12 sodas, when I can spend $4. :D

Please please don’t pack your drinks in your checked luggage. I really don’t want to start my vacation having to do laundry because your can/bottle of soft drink was crushed in the loading crate. Luggage is literally thrown into a loading crate stacked 6 to 8 layers high. If each bag weighs 50# and there are 6 on top of yours that is 300#.

I have never had my drinks crushed when I pack them. I also wrap our twelve packs in sealed bags so that if a leak happens it's contained. I've done this on my last five cruises and have not had any issues.

I have never had my drinks crushed when I pack them. I also wrap our twelve packs in sealed bags so that if a leak happens it's contained. I've done this on my last five cruises and have not had any issues.

Thank you. You understand what a mess you would have if your drinks leaked. Unfortunately, not everyone is as considerate as you. Maybe my post should have read, if you are going to place liquid in your checked luggage please ensure it will be contained should a leak occur.

May seem silly, but asking anyway......if there are 4 of us sailing and we each bring a case of "whatever" soda, can we place all 4 in a rolling case to bring on board? They don't have to be in 4 separate carry-ons do they? :rolleyes:

I put 2 12-packs in a roll-on just big enough to fit them- one for DH and one for myself. Whatever we have left we leave behind and this gives extra room to take home whatever we buy along the way.