What to do in great stirrup cay?

bmw1lgetu

Hi all, ive been researching about excursion but most are for NAssau, is it possible to go to Atlantis from Great Stirrup Cay?

It will be our first and last trip to Bahamas so I would like to make the best out of it and make sure that we go to the places that are not to be missed. Any reco? :)

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all, ive been researching about excursion but most are for NAssau, is it possible to go to Atlantis from Great Stirrup Cay?

It will be our first and last trip to Bahamas so I would like to make the best out of it and make sure that we go to the places that are not to be missed. Any reco? :)

Thanks in advance!

GSC is NCL's private island. Tenders will take you to and from the ship. Maybe visit Atlantis on your Nassau stop.

GSC is NCL's private island. Tenders will take you to and from the ship. Maybe visit Atlantis on your Nassau stop.

Thanks, this is why i'm confused because our ship is MSC cruises, and i thought nobody but norwegian can use the island?

Thanks, this is why i'm confused because our ship is MSC cruises, and i thought nobody but norwegian can use the island?

NCL evidently rents it out to other cruise lines to use. We always use GSC as a beach day but there are some excursions available (at least when sailing on NCL)- parasailing, snorkeling, jet skiing, eco tour come immediately to mind.

Thanks, so it really is just for beach day as it seems like there are no other near attractions to visit.. Thank you for your responses! :)

NCL evidently rents it out to other cruise lines to use. We always use GSC as a beach day but there are some excursions available (at least when sailing on NCL)- parasailing, snorkeling, jet skiing, eco tour come immediately to mind.

I haven't been there yet, but hope to be there in July. From everything I've read here for a very long time, there are no excursions that bring you anywhere off the island. As others have said, there are excursions while on the island (snorkeling, a slide for kids etc., cabanas etc.). Atlantis is an excursion to take if you're docked in Nassau to the best of my knowledge.

When you go to GSC, you are on the island. Only what's available there is what you'll do. It's a private island, so you don't hop on a boat or in a cab and go somewhere else (with the exception of like another poster mentioned...if you want to jet ski or something like that).

It's been a little over a year since I have been there and they have been working on the place for a few years and expanding and adding things, but you are welcome to take a look at my review I did (located in my signature line). It has TONS of pictures from our day we were there in 2012.

I know since then they have added to cabana's, the snorkeling tour, and even stingrays I believe. :)

If the stingray city tour is offered during your visit to Great Stirrup Cay, I highly recommend it. We were taken on a short boat ride (less than 5 minutes) to a sand bar enclosure. The rays were super friendly and rubbed up against us like cats do, trying to get attention. The wranglers showed us how to hold and feed the rays and we each took turns doing so. Everyone on our tour was commenting how much fun they had during the ride back to the island.:D

If the stingray city tour is offered during your visit to Great Stirrup Cay, I highly recommend it. We were taken on a short boat ride (less than 5 minutes) to a sand bar enclosure. The rays were super friendly and rubbed up against us like cats do, trying to get attention. The wranglers showed us how to hold and feed the rays and we each took turns doing so. Everyone on our tour was commenting how much fun they had during the ride back to the island.:D

How much did it cost? We have done the stingrays in Grand Cayman at the sandbar and it was AWESOME. Is this anything like it? We will be going there in November so considering it. :)