Fantasy? Your opinion please

molly5673

Use the search up in the right corner, and put in All things Fantasy, you will get quite a bit of information on her.. She is the oldest in the Fantasy class, but still a very good ship. I've cruised on Fantasy 7 times, now, so she's kind of boring to me, since I've seen all it has to offer.

But, as cruise ships go, she's pretty nice. Don't expect all the bells and whistles the larger ships offer. don't miss the Behind the Fun tour your last sea day if you want to see the non-showy part of the ship. It's great to see the bridge, and thats one of the excursions I do on all the ships I go on.

Have fun!

Search for poster ALL4FUN&FUN4ALL. She has done several reviews about the Fantasy and what it has to offer. Very enjoyable and informative reviews.

My first cruise was aboard the Fantasy, when she sailed from Port Canaveral way back in 1998. I live in Charleston, SC and we travel to Jacksonville, Port Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale for Carnival cruises, because we just aren't that interested in visiting Nassau and Freeport.

I can't tell you much about the Fantasy, but there are a lot of reviews of her here on Cruise Critic.

We've sailed on the Fantasy a few times. Loved it each time and keep going back for more! It's the perfect size ship for me. Enough to do but not too much. The staff/crew is excellent! We live about 35 minutes from the port so we like sailing from Charleston. Have sailed from other ports, but keep coming back to Charleston due to our love of the Fantasy and the convenience of sailing so close to home.

Search for poster ALL4FUN&FUN4ALL. She has done several reviews about the Fantasy and what it has to offer. Very enjoyable and informative reviews.

My first cruise was aboard the Fantasy, when she sailed from Port Canaveral way back in 1998. I live in Charleston, SC and we travel to Jacksonville, Port Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale for Carnival cruises, because we just aren't that interested in visiting Nassau and Freeport.

I can't tell you much about the Fantasy, but there are a lot of reviews of her here on Cruise Critic.

How do I search for members?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't see much on here about the Fantasy. Is that a bad thing or a good thing? We are booked for March 2015. Never done carnival cruise. Anyone have pics? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

love the Fantasy, older ship but good ship. Crew is wonderful, have been on her the last 3 years. One of my favorite ship. Food is good. Take the behind the scene tour, very worth the money, u will see a lot of things that you would never see on a ship. CAPTAIN IS WONDERFUL and Rite Cruise Director is very nice. You will enjoy this ship.

We took our first ever Carnival Cruise in March on the Fantasy and had a fantastic time. It didn't hurt that the weather was absolutely gorgeous! We had always stayed away from Carnival but decided to give it a try. The drive to Charleston was fine and the port was not too bad other than the parking lines they make you wait in when you arrive. The ship itself is the perfect size for me....not too big. I'm not a fan of all the new mega ships. If you just want to have a nice relaxing vacation I think the Fantasy is a great choice.

We hated the Fantasy. The best part of that cruise was getting off the ship when the cruise was over. If that had been our first Carnival cruise, we would never have cruised with Carnival again. The ship is old and absolutely hideous, but that was not even the worst of it. Never again. I agree with a previous poster - not even for free. We love Carnival and have really enjoyed our cruises on some of the other ships, but the Fantasy was terrible.

We enjoyed the city of Charleston before the cruise and the cruise itself. The Fantasy is in good shape for her age and the crew was great. However, we will NEVER sail out of Charleston again due to the mess of embarkation and debarkation. We've sailed out of 7 different cities and have never been as frustrated as we were in May. We went in expecting the worst possible scenario it was worse than that. If the port gets straightened out, we'll give it another shot.

Love the Fantasy out of Charleston. Have had cruises on her on the five and seven day trips. Always great and I've not really had any problems at the port, both coming and going.

We took our first cruise aboard the Fantasy, celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We sailed again the following year with our children celebrating our oldest son's high school graduation. Sometime during the following year, she relocated from NOLA to Charleston. We enjoyed our time on her but I must admit that I enjoy the larger ships. In our experience, they seem to have less motion than the smaller ones. Also, on our third cruise, we booked a balcony room and we are hooked! The Fantasy didn't have any balcony rooms when we sailed on her. I'm not sure if that's changed since any upgrades or not.

If it's your first cruise, I'm sure you'll have a blast! We've got a lot of fond memories from the Fantasy!

The Fantasy didn't have any balcony rooms when we sailed on her. I'm not sure if that's changed since any upgrades or not.

This hasn't changed -- no balcony cabins. The only way to get a balcony on Fantasy is to book a suite.

LuLu

The Fantasy didn't have any balcony rooms when we sailed on her. I'm not sure if that's changed since any upgrades or not.

This hasn't changed -- no balcony cabins. The only way to get a balcony on Fantasy is to book a suite.

LuLu

I remember someone coming in and complaining that their cellphone didn't have this and that feature. I tried to explain that yes the new 2014 Cadillac was available now it wasn't in 1997 when they bought theirs!

Our November trip will make 10 on this ship, with the first when she was out of Port Canaveral in '96.

Charleston is the best port but has one of the most unusual processes to get you on-board. None of this is BAD or a negative, it's just one of those times when you think out loud "who thinks up this ****"

You are on-board just as fast as any other vessel at any port but it is "totally odd" {or that's what your teenage daughter would call it}.

As for the vessel, yep she's the oldest in the Carnival fleet. Yep she's the smallest. Do you know that she is the top rated ship in Carnival time and time again? The nice part is that she is not so large that you visit your Cruise Critic group one time then you never run into any of them again. You will see your friends daily. It's very pleasant.

Her open spaces on deck are huge, even larger than on the Dream class as I remember. I've always felt that if you are on a cruise and want to be "in the open" then go to an open deck! The balcony is just too sheltered, no sun, no moon, no etc...

I think it has to do with the clientele. You have quite a few "southerners" that take her voyages. Yes we talk to strangers, yes we socialize in elevators {not staring at the floor}, yes we help each other, etc.

As for the port, what can I say? Condé Nast top city in the USA three years in a row!

WrhIXE8tz2E

You decide!