In the UK, were we offered the reduced deposits and double Captains Clubs points

gonecroozin

I am sure that when I booked my cruise for July 2015, I read that the half price deposits and double Captains Club points promotion was being offered to the UK market, if you booked by a certain date.

However, now I am not so sure, maybe I was on the USA site.

I would like to phone Celebrity about it, but would like to be armed with the correct facts first!

I did did get the free Classic Drinks Package and pre-paid Gratuities deal. which I am absolutely thrilled with.

But now I am curious, and annoyed at myself for not paying bettter attention!

I am sure that when I booked my cruise for July 2015, I read that the half price deposits and double Captains Club points promotion was being offered to the UK market, if you booked by a certain date.

I would like to phone Celebrity about it, but would like to be armed with the correct facts first!

I did did get the free Classic Drinks Package and pre-paid Gratuities deal. which I am absolutely thrilled with.

Just call them to confirm. They are not going to lie to you so that the customer service person gets a bonus.

Edited by shipshape sam

They won't lie - but they're not always as well informed as folks on here, presumably hence the question.

I don't think it was double points, just extra points, but as I booked in the US I can't remember the UK criteria.

If you booked under the 123Go promotion, the Ts & Cs are still showing on the Celebrity UK website. The drinks package and pre-paid gratuities are offered on Europe cruises booked before the end of July. They are also offering 25 extra Captain Club points on cruises which depart more than nine months ahead of your reservation date, but you don't get the points until you have completed the cruise.

We booked our cruise in March and just updated it when 123 Go was launched (got drinks package, OBC and lower cruise price:)) so our deposit was already paid, but as far as I can see, there is no reduced deposit available in the UK.

Hope this helps

If you booked under the 123Go promotion, the Ts & Cs are still showing on the Celebrity UK website. The drinks package and pre-paid gratuities are offered on Europe cruises booked before the end of July. They are also offering 25 extra Captain Club points on cruises which depart more than nine months ahead of your reservation date, but you don't get the points until you have completed the cruise.

We booked our cruise in March and just updated it when 123 Go was launched (got drinks package, OBC and lower cruise price:)) so our deposit was already paid, but as far as I can see, there is no reduced deposit available in the UK.

Hope this helps

That is correct. We get that here also. 25 bonus points if you book 9 months in advance. It will be doubled to 50 if you book a Suite Class or higher

Ha!

There's another thread on this subject which started on 19 June -http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059095 - with a comment from Celebrity at post #16, which caused me to call Celebrity in the UK to claim a reduced deposit for a cruise I had booked on 21 June. UK knew nothing about it, so I mailed Celebrity in the USA and eventually got a telephone call from the UK Customer Service Department confirming that the extra bonus points were applicable, but not the reduced deposit. On 25 June Celebrity issued a qualifying statement (post #73) stating that the reduced deposit was not applicable to UK customers. Celebrity's response did not specifically exclude the bonus points, so with the UK verbal confirmation (re bonus points) ringing in my ears I responded (post #74) asking for confirmation that they would be applied. Five days later and I'm still waiting for a response to my question!

I am increasingly of the opinion that Celebrity's social media department is run by the same person (people?) that is (are?) in charge of their website, which is still causing me grief!

They won't lie - but they're not always as well informed as folks on here, presumably hence the question.

I don't think it was double points, just extra points, but as I booked in the US I can't remember the UK criteria.

Yes, sometimes the members here have a better understanding of what Celebrity has to offer than they do themselves.

I was holding on for 40 minutes on Saturday, trying to speak to an agent about an unrelated matter.

I thought I might get some answers here first before putting myself through that again!

Hope this helps

Thank you Suzy Smith, it definately does help.

I do remember about the extra Captain Club points now.

I will go and take a look at the T&Cs now.

Ha!

There's another thread on this subject which started on 19 June -http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059095 - with a comment from Celebrity at post #16, which caused me to call Celebrity in the UK to claim a reduced deposit for a cruise I had booked on 21 June. UK knew nothing about it, so I mailed Celebrity in the USA and eventually got a telephone call from the UK Customer Service Department confirming that the extra bonus points were applicable, but not the reduced deposit. On 25 June Celebrity issued a qualifying statement (post #73) stating that the reduced deposit was not applicable to UK customers. Celebrity's response did not specifically exclude the bonus points, so with the UK verbal confirmation (re bonus points) ringing in my ears I responded (post #74) asking for confirmation that they would be applied. Five days later and I'm still waiting for a response to my question.

I am not sure why you are annoyed with Celebrity. The reduced deposit was never offered to UK residents and the bonus points offer is clearly stated on the UK website.

Loyalty guests (Classic level and above) who book Ocean View and above, between 02 June 2014 and 31 July 2014, on any applicable sail date within 123Go promotion, 9 months or further in advance, will receive 25 bonus club points upon completion of their sailing. If a loyalty member books a Suite Class stateroom 9 months or further in advance, they will receive 50 bonus Club Points. Credit would be applied after sailing has occurred.

If you qualify, you will get the points.

Edited by Suzy Smith

Ha!

There's another thread on this subject which started on 19 June -http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059095 - with a comment from Celebrity at post #16, which caused me to call Celebrity in the UK to claim a reduced deposit for a cruise I had booked on 21 June. UK knew nothing about it, so I mailed Celebrity in the USA and eventually got a telephone call from the UK Customer Service Department confirming that the extra bonus points were applicable, but not the reduced deposit. On 25 June Celebrity issued a qualifying statement (post #73) stating that the reduced deposit was not applicable to UK customers. Celebrity's response did not specifically exclude the bonus points, so with the UK verbal confirmation (re bonus points) ringing in my ears I responded (post #74) asking for confirmation that they would be applied. Five days later and I'm still waiting for a response to my question!

I am increasingly of the opinion that Celebrity's social media department is run by the same person (people?) that is (are?) in charge of their website, which is still causing me grief!

Thank you so much for your information.

It is so annoying that UK/USA Celebrity has no consisitency.

I wish each offer was just straightforward.

I hope you get your reply soon.

I am now going to read through the thread you mentioned.

Last year, when I phoned UK to book an Alcove for my cruise , they said I couldnt do it online or over the phone,, which left waiting until I boarded to book it.

I decided to phone USA, and they booked it over the phone instantly for me.

I think both sites have a different way of doing things, which leads to a lot of confusion to their customers.

I dont think its the agents fault, its just how the different systems work.

Edited by gonecroozin

Ha!

Hello,

The UK is not participating in the reduced deposits offer, but they are including the bonus points for Captain's Club members. Apologies that we didn't see your follow up question earlier.

Hello,

The UK is not participating in the reduced deposits offer, but they are including the bonus points for Captain's Club members. Apologies that we didn't see your follow up question earlier.

Thank you for clarifying the offer open to UK customers. It is great to hear it directly from you,

I am not sure why you are annoyed with Celebrity. The reduced deposit was never offered to UK residents and the bonus points offer is clearly stated on the UK website.

Loyalty guests (Classic level and above) who book Ocean View and above, between 02 June 2014 and 31 July 2014, on any applicable sail date within 123Go promotion, 9 months or further in advance, will receive 25 bonus club points upon completion of their sailing. If a loyalty member books a Suite Class stateroom 9 months or further in advance, they will receive 50 bonus Club Points. Credit would be applied after sailing has occurred.

If you qualify, you will get the points.

OK - since you asked

1. When I booked my cruise direct with Celebrity the agent didn't mention this promotion, which had already started, to me at all
  2. When I phoned Celebrity in the UK after reading the thread here to ask them, they knew nothing about it
  3. When I wrote to Celebrity in Miami asking them for clarification they didn't acknowledge my mail, though they obviously forwarded it to the UK from whom I did eventually have a call. On the plus side, the Customer Service Department here were helpful and pleasant.
  4. They ignored a perfectly reasonable request for clarification of this promotion - they have done this now
  5. After over a month I still can't access one of my bookings (neither can their Customer Service Department) for a cruise that leaves in early September - though their accounts department obviously can see it, as they have written asking for final payment. Bizarrely though, I can see two other cruises perfectly!

And I haven't got round to a recent cruise on Millennium yet... So, if I thought about it some more I'm sure I'd find other things to mention.

We have been loyal Celebrity customers for some time and are now Elite members - though the additional 25 points to reach Elite Plus may be academic if we choose to spend our money with another line.

I do wonder if I (possibly along with some others) am experiencing the results of staff cutbacks, or is it because Celebrity just don't care as they can fill their ships... Who knows?

I do wonder if I (possibly along with some others) am experiencing the results of staff cutbacks, or is it because Celebrity just don't care as they can fill their ships... Who knows?

I can't comment on anyone else's experiences with Celebrity UK staff, but can only say that I have always found them helpful and knowledgeable.

I called Celebrity on the first day of the 123Go promotion and the person I spoke to was very clued up on all the benefits. He certainly knew about the bonus points, as he mentioned that our next cruise would bring us to Elite+ even without the extra points. I think it is a little unfair to expect Celebrity's UK staff to know about the reduced deposit that you had read about on Cruise Critic (a US-based site) as UK sales staff will only have details of the perks that they can offer.

We miss our old PCC (who was made redundant in the recent cull) but I have spoken to Celebrity UK three times in the past two weeks and each time the staff have been charming and helpful and made me feel that my business was important to them.

• 1 year later...

Just back from 10 days on X Reflection and noticed the points have gone onto our CC but without the 50 extra points for booking 9 months in advance in a suite:mad:. Phoned CC on the 01932 number and the nice chap I spoke to said that the bonus points are not being added automatically. He checked and said yes we are entitled:D and he would see that Miame were notified and they will be added manually.

If I hadn't noticed and phoned would they have quietly been forgotten:eek: The moral is to check on your retturn and if they are not there then CHASE them

Hope this helps

I hope you don't mind me asking, but when you say you booked your cruise in March and updated it when the 123 Go was launched, was there any loss of monies? We have a cruise booked for 2017 and we've been told the only way to get the promotion now would be to cancel the original booking and lose our £300 deposit, and then re-book with the promotion.

Thanks for any advice or information.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but when you say you booked your cruise in March and updated it when the 123 Go was launched, was there any loss of monies? We have a cruise booked for 2017 and we've been told the only way to get the promotion now would be to cancel the original booking and lose our £300 deposit, and then re-book with the promotion.

Thanks for any advice or information.

I changed on of our 2017 cruises last week (Moved from S1 to CS) and it was done with no hassle, kept all my originall perks - it was booked under the 123 deal where you received all 3 perks. I did not try to change to the current offer.

We booked in July 2014 for the Eclipse Med cruise 30th August, next month. I booked through a large travel agent and had the 1,2,3 go promo, classic drinks and gratuities and a deposit of £150 pp. there is no mention on any of my paperwork regarding the extra Captains Club points. Should I be entitled to the extra points? If so, should I ring my TA or the CC on an 0844 number? Thanks

Just answered my own question! Rang my TA, they knew nothing about the extra points so I phoned the CC. They confirmed that I am entitled to the extra 25 points. I have to ring them on return from our cruise and they will ensure that the Miami office credit us with the points. Result!