Logistics of Lunch At My Bar

Castillo Mom

Hello all! We have a private excursion booked with Nativeway for Stingray City, reef snorkeling and Starfish Point. We'd like to end the day with lunch at My Bar and a little shopping.

We'll be on the Disney Fantasy and the ship will be in port from 10:30-5:30. Will we have time and how close is My Bar to shopping? I'm thinking we need to take a taxi from My Bar to the shopping areas and then walk back to the tenders from there.

Is all of this feasible or cutting it too close?

Edited by Castillo Mom

Does your Nativeway Tour include a stop at Rum Point? Many of their tours do. If so, that is a designated lunch stop. They will take orders on the boat and radio them ahead to be ready when you arrive.

If not.... My Bar is located at the Sunset House hotel, about one mile south of the cruise tender piers. The main shopping area is right around those piers, right downtown. While you could walk, there is no sidewalk for much of the way and road shoulders are narrow between downtown and Sunset House.

I think it would be cutting it too close to combine a Stingray trip and My Bar.

If your excursion is over at 3pm, and all aboard is 5pm, I wouldn't chance My Bar. You definitely wouldn't have time for both shopping and lunch, and while the shopping is close to the tender docks, My Bar is just far enough away that you couldn't make a run for it if you couldn't find a taxi at the last minute.

Edited by bookbabe

I would not try it, UNLESS you have the excursion shuttle drop you off at Sunset House. Then "maybe" you would have time. You would have time for a drink, but I don't know about waiting for a meal to be served then back to the dock on time. There are no free standing taxis just waiting at Sunset, so you would have to walk or arrange to have one there by 4:30 at the latest. Not sure if that's worth it or not to you. I would not walk it both directions from town and plan on eating in a 2 hr time period. No way.

Sadly it looks like I'm going to have to give up on My Bar. I have a feeling I'm going to love Coz so maybe there's a trip down in our future where we would have time.

That being said, any good recommendations for seafood near the pier? Nativeway gave us the option of dropping us off at the pier or Seven Mile Beach but then there's the taxi issue again.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Sadly it looks like I'm going to have to give up on My Bar. I have a feeling I'm going to love Coz so maybe there's a trip down in our future where we would have time.

That being said, any good recommendations for seafood near the pier? Nativeway gave us the option of dropping us off at the pier or Seven Mile Beach but then there's the taxi issue again.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!