Things to do at the Pier

At Sea 4Ever

Is there anything to do directly at the pier or in walking distance? Will be sailing on the Jewel of the Seas. Any comments are appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry, but no. Outside of the pier shopping, there is not much in the area. One highlight is the Castries Craft and Food Market across from the harbor (large semi-open air building with orange roof). Easy walking distance, lots of crafts and souvenirs and big food market with wide selection of local produce and meats and spices. Local food shops to grab a bite and an ice cold Piton. Not much in the city itself, and it's not a pretty area to stroll around really.

The 2 piers themselves have large shopping areas - Pointe Seraphine is a nicer shopping area overall (open air), but both offer similar shops.

Enjoy your visit.

Sorry, but no. Outside of the pier shopping, there is not much in the area. One highlight is the Castries Craft and Food Market across from the harbor (large semi-open air building with orange roof). Easy walking distance, lots of crafts and souvenirs and big food market with wide selection of local produce and meats and spices. Local food shops to grab a bite and an ice cold Piton. Not much in the city itself, and it's not a pretty area to stroll around really.

The 2 piers themselves have large shopping areas - Pointe Seraphine is a nicer shopping area overall (open air), but both offer similar shops.

Enjoy your visit.

Thank you for the quick response! Which beach would you consider to be the most beautiful and a must?

Thank you for the quick response! Which beach would you consider to be the most beautiful and a must?

St Lucia is not know for her beaches. We are a mountainous, volcanic island, and our beaches are usually relatively small coves with light tan to black sand.

My personal most beautiful beach on the island is Laborie Beach, but it's about 1..45-2 hours from the port one way. Not worth the drive really.

Jalousie Beach between the Pitons is beautiful and you do get to see the iconic Pitons, which are what St Lucia is famous for! Pigeon Island beach park is lovely and also offers some hiking and big grassy areas to relax. Reduit Beach is a lovely typical tourist beach w/lots of restaurants and a few beach bars, water sports for hire, chairs/umbrellas for hire, etc. Vigie Beach is walking distance from the port and is beautiful also, but no amenities outside of a few rum shops way down near the entrance to the airport. And so on.

A good option is a land sea tour combo to see the highlights of the islan such as volcano, banana plantation, Marigot Bay, Pitons, waterfall and also some beach time, then return by sea. Or perhaps a catamaran coastal tour with some beaches and snorkeling. There are other options.

If what you want is a typical beach day - then Reduit Beach is your best bet. 25-30 minutes ride, taxi will be $30US one way for up to 3 people, 2 chairs/umbrella about $20US. Spinnakers Beach Bar/Restaurant is great for lunch and local vendors on the beach for cold beer or back to Spinnakers for cocktails.

Enjoy your visit.

St Lucia is not know for her beaches. We are a mountainous, volcanic island, and our beaches are usually relatively small coves with light tan to black sand.

My personal most beautiful beach on the island is Laborie Beach, but it's about 1..45-2 hours from the port one way. Not worth the drive really.

Jalousie Beach between the Pitons is beautiful and you do get to see the iconic Pitons, which are what St Lucia is famous for! Pigeon Island beach park is lovely and also offers some hiking and big grassy areas to relax. Reduit Beach is a lovely typical tourist beach w/lots of restaurants and a few beach bars, water sports for hire, chairs/umbrellas for hire, etc. Vigie Beach is walking distance from the port and is beautiful also, but no amenities outside of a few rum shops way down near the entrance to the airport. And so on.

A good option is a land sea tour combo to see the highlights of the islan such as volcano, banana plantation, Marigot Bay, Pitons, waterfall and also some beach time, then return by sea. Or perhaps a catamaran coastal tour with some beaches and snorkeling. There are other options.

If what you want is a typical beach day - then Reduit Beach is your best bet. 25-30 minutes ride, taxi will be $30US one way for up to 3 people, 2 chairs/umbrella about $20US. Spinnakers Beach Bar/Restaurant is great for lunch and local vendors on the beach for cold beer or back to Spinnakers for cocktails.

Enjoy your visit.

Thank u so much for such a detailed response!

I just wanted to add that it is very difficult to walk to anything from the pier. We have tried but the sidewalks are not wide and often you end up in the street and there is a lot of traffic. Other than shopping at the pier I would get out to explore the island.

Keith

Enjoy your visit.

I could use your opinion on this since you are so knowledgable of the island! I'm thinking of either doing an excursion to marigot bay that drops you there and let's you walk around the harbour and hang at the beach. Or my other plan was to take a snorkel cruise that goes past the Pitons and has you snorkeling in Soufrie bay. Which is a better choice. I really do want to see the Pitons but I also heard Marigot is a beautiful beach. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I could use your opinion on this since you are so knowledgable of the island! I'm thinking of either doing an excursion to marigot bay that drops you there and let's you walk around the harbour and hang at the beach. Or my other plan was to take a snorkel cruise that goes past the Pitons and has you snorkeling in Soufrie bay. Which is a better choice. I really do want to see the Pitons but I also heard Marigot is a beautiful beach. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Whoever told you Marigot is a beautiful beach lied! lol. It is a beautiful harbor, with a very small postage stamp size beach that is lovely, but fronts the yacht harbor with boat traffic, so not the best for swimming or kayaking, etc. It is a lovely harbor with a small shopping area - most definitely not enough for a full day, really. Go for the snorkeling tour down to Soufriere and the Pitons. You will pass Marigot Bay both directions and get a scenic view, along with the whole west coast of the island, snorkeling, and the iconic Pitons. Best bet between the 2.

Enjoy your visit.

Whoever told you Marigot is a beautiful beach lied! lol. It is a beautiful harbor, with a very small postage stamp size beach that is lovely, but fronts the yacht harbor with boat traffic, so not the best for swimming or kayaking, etc. It is a lovely harbor with a small shopping area - most definitely not enough for a full day, really. Go for the snorkeling tour down to Soufriere and the Pitons. You will pass Marigot Bay both directions and get a scenic view, along with the whole west coast of the island, snorkeling, and the iconic Pitons. Best bet between the 2.

Enjoy your visit.

Thanks so much! I'm going to take your advice.