Please Help!!! Is this email correct??

HSavage48

Hi.. We just received the below email from Carnival. We purchased the FTTF - can we not arrive until 1:30PM in NY? Thank You!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

JULY 7, 2014

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Splendor. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

On Monday, following the completion of the debarkation process for the previous voyage, we will be conducting routine tests aboard the Carnival Splendor.

As a result, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited at our cruise terminal, please do not arrive for check-in prior to 1:30 PM.

We highly recommend that you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

This one doesn't look like the routine spread out the boarding. This looks more like something is going on such as maintenance or Coast Guard doing an inspection on board or something similar and all boarding is going to be delayed.

I got an email like that too, but I arrived at MCO at 8:15 from Hartford and boarded the first shuttle to the port at 10 am. I had no waiting to checkin for sas card and waited about 15 mins for my zone to be called. I was on the ship by 11:30am, and in my cabin at 1pm. No, I did not do FTTF, just lucky when I checked my room was ready.

Hi.. We just received the below email from Carnival. We purchased the FTTF - can we not arrive until 1:30PM in NY? Thank You!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

JULY 7, 2014

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Splendor. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

On Monday, following the completion of the debarkation process for the previous voyage, we will be conducting routine tests aboard the Carnival Splendor.

As a result, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited at our cruise terminal, please do not arrive for check-in prior to 1:30 PM.

We highly recommend that you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

We get those letters before every cruise. After laughing at it, we delete it. And ignore it.

When we sailed from Boston last year, we got to the port at our usual 9:00 am. At 10:55 boarding began. There were fewer than 200 people in the port building. We had a mostly empty ship for over two hours because so many heeded "the letter." In talking with people, we were told that at 1:30, the lines were looong. People were very upset when they heard we were on the ship before 11:00.

Moral of the story: laugh at the letter, delete it, and ignore it.

Arrive when you want. Mostly these letters are sent out to stagger embarkation. However, if you do have an extended wait you were warned.:eek: Take a bottle of water and a snack and make the best of it. Please come back and let us know.

go when you want. just don't complain if the boarding is delayed. I receive one for coast guard inspection and we didn't board until 1230 pm (usually on ship by 1130am). RCL sent us one as well for inspection and didn't get on until 2pm. There are the standard..don't come until this time with no explanation, and some that state a reason. usually the ones with a reason, really don't board until a little bit later, but not too bad

I was just at the port on 6/17 for a Splendor cruise. They started boarding at about 11:00 a.m. I had Zone 2 and boarded about 11:15 a.m., dropped off our bags in our cabin and were drinking a DOD before Noon ... why spend money on FTTF?

Arrive when you want. Mostly these letters are sent out to stagger embarkation. However, if you do have an extended wait you were warned.:eek: Take a bottle of water and a snack and make the best of it. Please come back and let us know.

Yep...

Last year we got a similar letter before we boarded the Liberty in Miami. We ignored it, and the coast inspection did take place. They did not start boarding until about 2pm. Those that had purchased FTTF got on the ship about 15 minutes before us, and our room was ready when we boarded. I was so glad I had saved the $50 per cabin.

Hopefully this is not your situation. Enjoy your cruise!

So we got that email on Tuesday for our Splendor cruise this Monday (July 7). Based on what I read hear, planned to ignore. Today both DH and I were called saying boarding would be from 1:30 - 3. I know they've changed the itinerary of current cruise to avoid Arthur...

What do you think? Ignore it or not?

As long as you don't mind waiting IF there is a legitimate delay, then I'd say go at the time you planned to originally. There will be people who have no choice to get to the port at the time they originally planned, due to flights, shuttle times, other transportation arrangements outside their control.

So I doubt you'll be alone if you go earlier, just as I said, be prepared in case you do have to wait. Worst case scenario, you wait in the cruise terminal for a while. As long as you have a seat and don't have to stand, bring a book to kill time!

We got a letter back in January saying the same thing and sure enough, when we got to the port, there was a delay and we didn't start boarding until close to 1pm. It's possible it's for real, but we didn't mind sitting in the terminal for a couple hours. They had water and free wi-fi too! We are Platinum so we boarded first anyway.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

JULY 7, 2014

Hi there:

See you soon!

We received on as well and we are cruising out of Galveston. They just do not want you to arrive early.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

JULY 7, 2014

Hi there:

See you soon!

We received on as well and we are cruising out of Galveston. They just do not want you to arrive early.