Ceasar's

Winesome

It is a Canadian invention similar to a Bloody Mary but much better. It uses Motts Clamato juice and vodka. The glass is rimmed with a celery salt mixture and sometimes horseradish is added. It can be made spicy. Pickled green beans are also added sometimes. Yummy!!

I bartended in Canada for years - in Calgary (the home of the Caesar). Glass rimmed with celery salt, ice, vodka, splash of Worcestershire, clamato juice & a celery stalk as garnish. Some liked Tabasco in addition to the Worcestershire. Don't know where this pickled bean thing came from!

Edited by JanineM

I bartended in Canada for years - in Calgary (the home of the Caesar). Glass rimmed with celery salt, ice, vodka, splash of Worcestershire, clamato juice & a celery stalk as garnish. Some liked Tabasco in addition to the Worcestershire. Don't know where this pickled bean thing came from!

I like pickled asparagus as well!!! Much prefer that and pickled beans to a celery stalk!! Thank you for your service in preparing Caesar's over the years:D I just wish they would have good rimmer's on the ship!

We are from the uk and our daughter has been living in Calgary for a year and a half. We visited her last September and every time she said 'let's get a Caesar' I thought she was talking about a salad!

We're hooked now though and had them with celery sticks, pickled beans and even a stick of asparagus!

We even bought home some Clamato juice to make them for our friends.

We are from the uk and our daughter has been living in Calgary for a year and a half. We visited her last September and every time she said 'let's get a Caesar' I thought she was talking about a salad!

We're hooked now though and had them with celery sticks, pickled beans and even a stick of asparagus!

We even bought home some Clamato juice to make them for our friends.

Yay!! A convert! Can you get Mott's Clamato in the UK?

I live in Iowa, (corn not potatoes), when I was on the volunteer fire department in our small town about 15yrs ago we would have a "Cesaer" or 3 after meetings and big fires. However, we called them Tank Savers, and put dill pickles in them. Yum Yum

Yay!! A convert! Can you get Mott's Clamato in the UK?

I think you can online but it's expensive so I haven't bothered.

My daughter's coming home for a visit next month, I'll be asking her to bring some in her suitcase!

I live in Iowa, (corn not potatoes), when I was on the volunteer fire department in our small town about 15yrs ago we would have a "Cesaer" or 3 after meetings and big fires. However, we called them Tank Savers, and put dill pickles in them. Yum Yum

Wow, dill pickle...never heard that one, here in Vancouver we use pickled beans and some place even use large shrimp on the picks also lots of spice either Tabasco, horseradish or garlic chilli sauce (yummy) been a bartender for 40+ years...love my Ceasar's:p

Wow, dill pickle...never heard that one, here in Vancouver we use pickled beans and some place even use large shrimp on the picks also lots of spice either Tabasco, horseradish or garlic chilli sauce (yummy) been a bartender for 40+ years...love my Ceasar's:p

I like tabasco and horseradish also. We have a few places around here that have "make your own bloody mary bars" for Sunday brunch. You buy the vodka and then pick from 2 dozen or more different items to make them.

I like tabasco and horseradish also. We have a few places around here that have "make your own bloody mary bars" for Sunday brunch. You buy the vodka and then pick from 2 dozen or more different items to make them.

NICE, but do they have Clamato:confused:

I like mine with a splash of dill pickle juice. There is a powder called Ceasar Pleaser. Just mix one pack to one liter of water. Almost as good as Motts, especially when you spice it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is really good rimmer. Comes in a neat tin that is easy to use & pack. Donated the one I brought on the last cruise to the bartenders at the Sunset Bar lol

http://www.londondrugs.com/Matt-Steve's-Caesar-Rimmer---150g/L7708126,default,pd.html

Thanks, none at any of the London Drugs near me, will check Granville Market next week

It is a Canadian invention similar to a Bloody Mary but much better. It uses Motts Clamato juice and vodka. The glass is rimmed with a celery salt mixture and sometimes horseradish is added. It can be made spicy. Pickled green beans are also added sometimes. Yummy!!

Just FYI, re: getting a Caesar on a cruise ship.... the bars generally do not stock horseradish. I used to have varying success having a bartender get some from the kitchen, but that's a pain for them and a long wait for me, so now I just bring my own jar and keep it in the stateroom fridge. I also bring a Tervis tumbler and add horseradish before leaving my cabin, and then have them make my Caesar in my Tervis. :D