Freedom of the Seas- questions

Hey Cruisers,

i need some info as my parents are looking at a Freedom Of The Seas july 2015 cruise to the Eastern Caribbean:

Port Canaveral:

which hotels does RCCL provide transfers to Freedom from.

-looking at around 11a.m. pick up time.

All Access Tour:

what is included on Freedom's All Access Tour?

Thank you!

Bobby

We stayed at the Raddison and you had to pre-book your transfer to port time................we did ours months ahead of time.

But we did not use it.............

We rode a cab for three of us for $14

Good luck.

Sea Ya

Hey Cruisers,

i need some info as my parents are looking at a Freedom Of The Seas july 2015 cruise to the Eastern Caribbean:

Port Canaveral:

All Access Tour:

Thank you!

Bobby

All Access:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=337&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=4811

Edited by clarea

Hey Cruisers,

Port Canaveral:

All Access Tour:

Thank you!

Bobby

I don't believe Royal does transfers from any of the hotels. Most have their own buses. Several have Park and Cruise, some offer discounts on parking at the pier.

Hey Cruisers,

Port Canaveral:

Thank you!

Bobby

Suggestion. If you're flying into/out of Orlando, you can get one way rental cars very cheaply. We paid about $45 for a rental from Orlando to Canaveral. We flew in the day before and kept the car overnight. Dropped it off at the rental agency and they took us to the port. About the same price/deal after leaving the ship.

Hey Cruisers,

Port Canaveral:

All Access Tour:

Thank you!

Bobby

We've stayed at the Country Inn and Suites a few tunes before cruises. They have a shuttle to the terminal, as well as parking. They charge a small fee in addition to the room, but it's definitely cheaper than the gouging going on at the ports.

How is the boarding process at Port Canaveral compared to terminal 18 at Port Everglades

Our experience at Port Canaveral is overwhelmingly positive. They seem to have the boarding / disembarkation process down to a science.

I have used shuttles from the Radisson and LaQuinta. They were part of the hotel rate and not part of RCI. Port Canaveral is a favorite port, they are so nice and it is easy to navigate.

We have gone out of Port Canaveral three times and used the Country Inn and Suites. They have a cruise n park rate along with a cruise only rate. If your lucky, you will be given a room facing the port (ask if one is available). Then when you open the drapes in the morning, you'll see the ship waiting for you. We also like getting up in the morning and having a hot breakfast before boarding the ship.

Their main shuttle driver, Duane, tells jokes and provides information both coming and going. If it is a really busy day, his wife drives a shuttle too (and she is nice). If flying in, a rental car is a good idea as is the Cocoa Beach shuttle (which my son's family - 4 kids 2 adults has used).

Make sure to schedule your shuttle time the day before.

Suggestion. If you're flying into/out of Orlando, you can get one way rental cars very cheaply. We paid about $45 for a rental from Orlando to Canaveral. We flew in the day before and kept the car overnight. Dropped it off at the rental agency and they took us to the port. About the same price/deal after leaving the ship.

We too did the rental car from the airport. We did the rental car because we arrived at 11:30 and we got to our hotel - The Hampton Inn about 1:30 and that way we had a car the remainder of the day and night. We were also able to drive to Patrick Air Force Base (I'm Retired Air Force) in Cocoa Beach and use the BX to purchase a few small items. The next morning we drove to the car rental joint and turned in the car and was taken by their shuttle to the port. We arrived at the ship at about 10:45 and were on the ship between 11:30 and 11:45! :cool:

How does coco cay differ from labadee?

Does Coco cay have banana boats ?

Coco Cay is an island, Labadee is a peninsula. Coco Cay requires tendering, Labadee has a pier. Sometimes the weather is such that it's not safe to tender to Coco Cay, so that stop gets missed from time to time.

Labadee is also much more built up than Coco Cay. It has a zipline and roller coaster, and more cabanas.

Our experience at Port Canaveral is overwhelmingly positive. They seem to have the boarding / disembarkation process down to a science.

I agree totally! I cruised from FFL for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was shocked at how disorganized and hectic it was getting on the boat. Previously we had only left from Port Canaveral and had no complaints.

Coco has decent snorkeling from shore, and a one tank SCUBA excursion. The dive isn't GREAT, but there's nothing similar at Lab' IME

I don't remember 'banana boat' at either in recent years. That 'ride' seems to have been dropped most places .... injuries were not uncommon I'm afraid. Some of us thought that dumping everyone off was fun .... not everyone agreed . . . . sorry if I helped mess it up.

We stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. They offer a shuttle to the port starting at 11:00 for $5/person. You buy tickets in the gift shop. The same shuttle stops at the Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express. When you return, you walk out of the terminal to the shuttles area and they take you back to the hotel.