How to Post a Photo on CC

I have noticed a lot of people don't know how to upload a photo - it took me a long time to work it out but I did some time ago and I thought I'd share it with those of you who would like to upload photos that people can actually see.

Go to:

www.tinypic.com which is the (free) website that will enable you to upload your photos.

Click on BROWSE

It will take you to where you want to upload your photo from. In my case, it is usually from My Pictures so I will use that as my example (I sometimes use photos from my Downloads)-

Click on Pictures

Double click on the Photo you want to upload

In the "Resize" box - use the down arrow to Message Board (640x480) and click on it

Click on UPLOAD NOW

You will have to 'answer' the security code which they will give you (type it in the box) and then UPLOAD NOW

Wait for the picture to upload (doesn't take long)

Once the photo has uploaded - You will see four boxes. In the box - IMG Code for Forums and Message Boards - Highlight to copy the IMG Code make sure you copy "2mo9u8w.gif[ - it will say Insert Image Click on it

Then you will see http:// - backspace over that (to delete it)

Then paste your code in the box. BEFORE you close the box backspace over at the beginning and the one at the end which will just leave you the code.

Click OK.

Your code will then appear where you want your photo to be - you will notice that it will have at the beginning and end again which is fine.

Then click the PREVIEW button and you should be able to see your photo. You can then go back and continue on with your comment or post another photo.

Hope this helps and we see some nice photos.

You may get some advertising on the tinypic website but don't worry, it will not hurt your computer - it's just annoying.

Cheers

Di

I use photobucket, and they have a small amount of free space that you can get. If you are a heavy user then there are upgrade fee accounts. Once I upload the picture they have links alongside the pic, I copy the code beside the pic that is for image and just paste it in the message box here. I am careful to get the photo edited to the right size first, as it just comes on as the size you originally upload to photobucket.

Thank you for taking the time to explain, as I never have actually seen the image icon along the top of the message box! I must try that another time.

I use photobucket, and they have a small amount of free space that you can get. If you are a heavy user then there are upgrade fee accounts. Once I upload the picture they have links alongside the pic, I copy the code beside the pic that is for image and just paste it in the message box here. I am careful to get the photo edited to the right size first, as it just comes on as the size you originally upload to photobucket.

Thank you for taking the time to explain, as I never have actually seen the image icon along the top of the message box! I must try that another time.

I use Photobucket too. I found out that you must not delete your photos from their site after you attach them or they will no longer appear on your messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tried Photobucket and Webshots but found them complicated (for me:confused:) however, tinypic for my mind is simple and you can use them over and over without worrying about deletion.

I have put this up to help people who want to put up photos that can be seen as opposed to thumbnails which are IMO of little help.

I hope this will help with photos of cabins (especially balconies) etc that people genuinely want to get an idea of and for people who want to do reviews and include photos that do their reviews justice.

Cheers

Di

Appreciate the excellent above tips from our Australia friend. I used Photobucket and below are my notes for posting larger pictures. Below are a few of my examples from our trip down under. Lots and lots more on the live/blog connected below. Great, fun trip. Now getting ready for our planned late March-April 2015 Africa (Kenya-Zanzibar-Madagascar-South Africa-Botswana) adventure.

For posting larger photos to these boards, your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let us know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as these couple of pictures do below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these CC boards.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 63,887 views for this fun posting.

With Craig Wickham, the operator of Exceptional Kangaroo Island on this famed Australian island near Adelaide, he took us on a "hunt", successfully, to find more Koalas out in the wild. Here is just one example of these Koala finds that we enjoyed so much. Aren't they cute? So lovable?:

KangIslandOneA1_zpsc37fce84.jpg

The Kuranda Scenic Rail trip took us back to Cairns along a dramatic routing, plus interesting sights, dramatic waterfalls, major engineering work, many train tunnels, big bridges, etc. The rail line dates back to 1891. For our group of six, we did the upgrade to the "gold" rail seating with plenty of wine, nice food/snacks, etc., in a wonderful, old-style rail car with great service and attention by the staff The great company and nice sights (plus the flowing wine), made it very much fun on a day with on and off patches of rain.:

RailRainforestTrip4_zpsa27ab5e4.jpg

RailRainforestTrip5_zpsb5f3a226.jpg

Excellent, will give it a go soon.:D
I presumed you would have known about posting photos, as you are a great source of much info. I will be looking out for your pics, so you are going to have to give it a try!

There is also a limit on the number of pictures on each post here. Don't know if I saw that mentioned by others. If you have lots of nice pics...as per the nice ones here earlier... just do them on several posts.

I agree thumbnails are usually too hard to see much detail. Yes, you can't delete the pics from the host website, they need to stay there for people to access.

I love seeing peoples pics :D

Edited by goodycruising

I presumed you would have known about posting photos, as you are a great source of much info. I will be looking out for your pics, so you are going to have to give it a try!

There is also a limit on the number of pictures on each post here. Don't know if I saw that mentioned by others. If you have lots of nice pics...as per the nice ones here earlier... just do them on several posts.

I agree thumbnails are usually too hard to see much detail. Yes, you can't delete the pics from the host website, they need to stay there for people to access.

I love seeing peoples pics :D

I have posted some pics but tend to do them as the smaller versions or thumbnails.:D

Thank you soooooo much for posting the suggestion of using tinypic.com. For some reason, I just seem to have a world of trouble trying to post pics from Dropshots, Picasa (Google+) and Flickr to attach to my posts correctly. I just tried tinypic (after spending an hour getting frustrated with Flickr) and wow!!!! It is so easy to upload the photos (in the size I want) to my CC review from here.

Now, I won't use it to store all of my photos for general use, but for photos I need to put into my cruise review, I am DEFINITELY using tinypic. Thank you a thousand times over :D:D:D

Melissa