Sapphire - Suite or Mini-Suite, cabin location

RJ2002

We are considering a cruise on the Sapphire, returning to Princess after several cruises on HAL.

It has been several years since we were last on Princess, so I apologize if this question has been asked a million times, but I can't remember...

We are looking to book either a mini-suite or a suite, and would prefer a location where the balcony is fully covered, or at least half-way covered. What decks should we consider?

We are leaning more toward a suite, so any helpful recommendations as to location would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Caribe Deck for suites

Emerald Deck for Minis

Thank you.

Looking at the deck plan, I am thinking we should avoid the suites at the aft on Emerald Deck because it is directly above the nightclub?

Had E723 on the Sapphire, a mini, and Mom had E735, a aft facing balcony. We had NO noise from the night club. Great covered rooms.

Tim

Thanks very much. Good to know about no reports of noise.

If you an ever snag the most aft minis on the Emerald deck get them. They have extended balcony with an aft view. Some have reported some noise from above on the port side but once the lounge is closed for the evening, nothing. I love the fully covered balcony. The way most Princess ship balconies are staggered they are not private and not completely covered other than Emerald. The Dolphin minis are half covered and in view from the decks above. If you get a Emerald mini mark it no or META upgrade only. It's very common to get an "upgrade" from Emerald to Dolphin. In my opinion not an upgrade.

Can't comment on the Sapphire but we always book a aft suite on the Dolphin deck and it is a big balcony with 4 chairs and 2 lounge chairs. It is covered on the Emerald, Golden, Crown, Ruby, i would assume its covered on the Sapphire, but someone else may know for sure. It has a restricted view which is no problem, the deck is huge with plenty of room for balcony dinning and breakfast. We have stayed in other mini's and suites mid ship and after we booked our first aft suite we will only plan a cruise if we can get a aft suite now, very little wind at the back and it's protected. As far as movement we don't notice any difference between mid ship and aft.