outside room catagories ?

Cozzette2

Location, location, location. Here's a link to a website put together by a member of Cruise Critic. It's a labor of love. https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

When deciding on your cabin, keep in mind that most of the time, whether obstructed or unobstructed, the bed is under the window so it's not as if you can sit by the window and watch the seas. I like a window so I can see what it's like outside and that's pretty much it.

And the location, location, location is Princess' determination of which is the more valuable location, not what you might value most. For the obstructed oceanview cabin, it is location, not the amount of obstruction.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

looking at categories am confused. There is DD E F FF GG

Which is the least to most expensive and does it primarily depend on location and the amount of obstruction ?

Again, thanks for your help

Which deck plans are you looking at?

Princess changed outside categories a while back to start with "O", like "OA", "OB", and "OC" for unobstructed views and "OV", "OW", "OY" and "OZ" for obstructed. Insides also changed and start with "I".

Balcony categories changed which rooms they included but not the names as they started with "B" before and after they changed.

I am looking at the Crown. There is a turquoise color category that seems fairly mid ship and those look quite obstructed and a gold color that is in a couple of locations that look less or unobstructed. I did check out the website that Remmar put together and it is so helpful and getting an actual look of a particulare room.

I am looking at the Crown. There is a turquoise color category that seems fairly mid ship and those look quite obstructed and a gold color that is in a couple of locations that look less or unobstructed. I did check out the website that Remmar put together and it is so helpful and getting an actual look of a particulare room.
The turquoise color is Category OY obstructed oceanview while the gold color is Category OE oceanview. The OE's are more expensive. Renmar's site is your best resource for obstructed oceanview cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have a copy of a pdf I saved from Princess that explained the entire categorization process. The doc was online back in 2013 as Princess was recatagorizing all of their stateroom designations.

I can't find the document online any longer but I do have it on my computer. I made a quick photo bucket account but then discovered they won't accept pdf docs.

If anybody could point me to a simple and FREE online storage spot that will accept pdf docs I would be happy to link it here.

(Comcast used to offer free web storage with their Internet service but they have dropped it. Bah.)

Of course if someone else already has it available or knows where it is online that could work as well.

I have a copy of a pdf I saved from Princess that explained the entire categorization process. The doc was online back in 2013 as Princess was recatagorizing all of their stateroom designations.

I can't find the document online any longer but I do have it on my computer. I made a quick photo bucket account but then discovered they won't accept pdf docs.

If anybody could point me to a simple and FREE online storage spot that will accept pdf docs I would be happy to link it here.

(Comcast used to offer free web storage with their Internet service but they have dropped it. Bah.)

Of course if someone else already has it available or knows where it is online that could work as well.

Thrak......found it online.....here it is....

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/deckplans/Fleet-Recat-Announce.pdf

Easier way to view and save doc.;)

try Dropbox, www.dropbox.com It's kind of like a cloud. I really like it, ample space and easy to use. I have PDf docs in mine now.