Packing a portable steamer?

Wavelet

I was planning on packing a portable steamer. I don't think it has an auto-shutoff but I unplug it after each use. Can it be confiscated if not auto shutoff? If so, can someone recommend a correct model? I find this appliance very useful when traveling, and will purchase a new one if necessary. Thanks.

I use home made "wrinkle release" instead of a steamer. Works great. It's just 1 teaspoon fabric softener, 1 teaspoon rubbing alcohol, and a cup of water in a spray bottle. Also helps to freshen clothes. I put the fabric softener and alcohol in little 3oz travel bottles, and it lasted through a 4 month cruise/land tour.

I am pretty sure that steamers are not permitted.

Linda

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was planning on packing a portable steamer. I don't think it has an auto-shutoff but I unplug it after each use. Can it be confiscated if not auto shutoff? If so, can someone recommend a correct model? I find this appliance very useful when traveling, and will purchase a new one if necessary. Thanks.

This item would be banned under the cruiseline policy.

And could be confiscated as it is a major safety issue.

One time went to iron wrinkles out of my husband's shirt and all the irons were taken in laundrymat. We were ready to get dressed.So he took my flatiron(for my hair), I held his shirt up and he ironed it. Worked great.Flat irons get very hot and heat up quickly.

Princess doesn't allow Iron's or steamers anymore and if discovered, may be confiscated till end of cruise.

The best option is to go to the Laundromat on your floor. I typically iron all of my clothes after the sail away party and before dinner that evening. I have never had issues with others in the Laundromat at that time. And, I am done for the cruise.:):):)

DW takes a small hand held steamer on all trips. I don't know if this is prohibited or not on Princess but on two recent Princess, one SeaDream, one Cunard, cruises no one said anything and we did not try in any way to hide it. Just our personal experience. I agree with the hang it in the shower area while showering method. Have used that one since college. Saved lots of bad ironing by this boy.:eek::D

Agree with others about ironing in the laundry rooms that are located on each deck that has passenger cabins.

Also, we hang up our clothes as soon as possible after the luggage has been delivered. Some wrinkles come out just by hanging the items.

I would not want to give up room in the suitcase for a portable steamer-I need room for all my shoes!

Princess confiscates irons and also multi tool apparatus, your bags are not delivered to your cabin but held in an area on board where you will be required to remove the articles for which they issue you with a receipt.

Your items will be returned to you in the terminal as you disembark.

Sent from my iPad using Forums