Hurricane Arthur

aSiAnRiCk

Just a quick note since I don't want to spend too much time reading the thread with the on-board internet :) but thought someone might want to know. We're on board the Maasdam now and will also be doing the return trip to Montreal. We were told this morning that we'd be leaving Bar Harbor by 1 (a few hours early) to try and avoid as much of the storm as possible and that we should still arrive in Boston on time tomorrow. It must have taken longer to get everyone back on board as we didn't leave until 2 but the captain just came on and said the storm is now supposed to be moving further out and it should be calmer than originally expected. They have already taken things off the shelves in some of the shops and all the deck chairs were taken off the Lower Promenade and back pool area this morning.

Thank you! We're eating dinner in Boston and excited to board in the am! See you on board!!

Live on Cape Cod, currently lots of rain and wind. Some localized flooding, but other than that all ok. Power off, then power on!

I lost my cable tv and WiFi for about 3 hours last night but thankfully the power stayed on so I had a/c. Today all is working fine. :)

Everyone sailing Maasdam tomorrow, have a great time. She's a special ship doing a wonderful itinerary..

Enjoy. :)

The Maasdam made it to Boston with no issues. We didn't feel any waves at all. It was fun to stay on board and watch everyone leave this morning and are enjoying the quiet empty ship for a couple of hours though the crew is working hard to get everything cleaned up. They're also busy putting things that were secured in case of the weather last night back (Looks like the Liquor Store clerk is going to be busy for awhile putting all the bottles back on the shelves. Hope everyone else is safe and those of you joining us are ready for a great cruise back to Montreal.

Just a quick note since I don't want to spend too much time reading the thread with the on-board internet :) but thought someone might want to know. We're on board the Maasdam now and will also be doing the return trip to Montreal. We were told this morning that we'd be leaving Bar Harbor by 1 (a few hours early) to try and avoid as much of the storm as possible and that we should still arrive in Boston on time tomorrow. It must have taken longer to get everyone back on board as we didn't leave until 2 but the captain just came on and said the storm is now supposed to be moving further out and it should be calmer than originally expected. They have already taken things off the shelves in some of the shops and all the deck chairs were taken off the Lower Promenade and back pool area this morning.

Out of curiosity, who was the Captain on this trip? I have gotten to know some of the Maasdam's regular crew and was just wondering. Also who was the Staff Captain? Thank you for the update, I wondered about Maasdam all night, glad to hear all is well.

The Maasdam made it to Boston with no issues. We didn't feel any waves at all. It was fun to stay on board and watch everyone leave this morning and are enjoying the quiet empty ship for a couple of hours though the crew is working hard to get everything cleaned up. They're also busy putting things that were secured in case of the weather last night back (Looks like the Liquor Store clerk is going to be busy for awhile putting all the bottles back on the shelves. Hope everyone else is safe and those of you joining us are ready for a great cruise back to Montreal.

Thank you very much for the update, glad everyone is well!

Just out of curiosity, were you able to avoid getting off the ship and going through customs and immigration? That's a surprise.

Roy

I lost my cable tv and WiFi for about 3 hours last night but thankfully the power stayed on so I had a/c. Today all is working fine. :)

Everyone sailing Maasdam tomorrow, have a great time. She's a special ship doing a wonderful itinerary..

Enjoy. :)

I can live without cable TV and wifi (well, maybe) but not the air conditioning. I'm glad you didn't lose that. The storm was here in New Jersey on Thursday night, but not bad and did no damage.

Hello everyone, thanks for the replies. We're here enjoying lunch in the Maasdam. Beautiful weather today!! Hope the rest of our sailing will be fine. Thank you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love to be on a cruise ship escaping all this stuff. More than12 hours and we are still hunkered down.

I can't help but think as I watch a huge tree crash there are worse things than having an itinerary changed.

And a lot to be grateful for.

Hurricane Arthur can be avoided at sea with an itinerary change. On land, there is no escape.