Confused about what food and beverage you pay for

Ceepot

Hi there

We are first time X Cruisers, and will be on the Reflection in AQ.:)

I understand we have dining in Blu, and it is complimentary, and have worked out some of the restaurants that you have to pay for. But what about the smaller venues? I've looked on the website, but it doesn't say!

I am looking in particular at Al Bacio and the AQ Cafe at the moment. I am sure the buffet must be complimentary as well. Is there a poolside diner and is that complimentary?

Is it just tea and coffee with meals that is complimentary? :confused:

And a final question - we are boarding in Rome. Any advice on the best time to arrive and which would be the least chaotic dining venue to go to when we board?

Many thanks :)

Drinks are chargeable at Cafe al Bacio but the food (pastries/cakes) are free.

I believe that Aqua spa cafe have some items chargeable but most is complimentary (not 100% sure here but someone will correct me in I'm wrong).

Buffet and pool grill (burgers/hot dogs) are no charge.

Coffee or Tea in the MDR and buffet is no charge but not very good (especially in the buffet where it is dispensed from a machine).

There are also machines in the buffet which dispense juice made from concentrate (orange & some kind of tropical punch). It is VERY sweet and not good (IMHO).

Room service food & coffee, Tea, milk is no charge although most give a couple of dollars tip to the person who delivers the order.

Bistro on five is chargeable (now $7 I believe) but we feel is still great value-especially when the buffet is crowded.

Hi - Welcome to Celebrity!!

I assume you are AquaClass - which does get you complimentary access to Blu for Breakfast and dinner.

The buffet and the poolside grills are included in your cruise fare. The Main Dining Room is also included - but you'd be dining in Blu. You can arrange with the Maitre'D to dine in MDR. The amount of notice you need seems to vary by ship but I'd say at least 24 hours. Room Service is also included (although they do have some things that have a surcharge). When you get room service, it is customary to tip a couple of dollars depending on how big your order is.

Café Al Bacio is essentially like a Starbucks. They have pastries, doughnuts and cakes which are complimentary. The speciality coffees and teas aren't.

I have only been to the AQ Café on Summit and they were charging for small plates so I assume same on Reflection.

I haven't been to Rome yet - so can't answer that part of your question.

Welcome to Celebrity cruising.

Let me try and help with your queries:

Main dining, in Blu in your case, is included. Specialty restaurants - Murano, Qsine, Tuscan Grill, Lawn Club Grill levy a cover charge - can't remember the exact amounts, it's a few tens of dollars per person.

A couple of smaller venues, Bistro on 5 and The Porch, levy a smaller charge of $5 per person.

Cakes/pastries at Cafe Al Bacio are included but as elsewhere, you pay for drinks. AQ Cafe is included. There's no poolside diner as such, but the Mast Grill serves burgers and hot dogs.

Regarding arrival times, you will get differing opinions. Some turn up between the times indicated on their documentation, some arrive early. They will probably start boarding around 11-11:30am but cabins will not be available until 1-1:30pm. Bistro on 5 is a good alternative for lunch on boarding.

Hope this helps; enjoy your cruise!

Here is a re-post of info I posted a long time ago on what beverages are included:

Tap water, Brewed coffee (regular and decaf), instant coffee (taster's choice regular and decaf), Tea (good selection of about 8 or more popular tea blends including green, mint, etc), hot coca (Nestles instant mix), Milk (regular, chocolate and skim), juices, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch.

All of these items are available in any dining area or from room service. They are available 24/7 from room service and from beverage stations in the buffet area although some items are not available at all times in the buffet: Some milks are only available during meals in the buffet and the dispensers used for juices during breakfast times are used for iced tea, lemonade and punch at other times.

For the most part there is an extra charge for any alcoholic, carbonated, or bottled beverage. Also most bars and lounges charge for any beverages served there. There are upscale versions of many no-extra-charge beverages available which do cost extra such as espresso based coffees, organic teas, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ, etc.

Aqua Spa cafe is free and open for breakfast (breakfast in Blu is better) and lunch. They offer two hot entrees/day which must be ordered. The rest of the food is cold and very good lighter fare. The food available for a fee is smoothies.

As you are in AQ class, you will receive a coupon in your SR for 50% off a Sp restaurant the first night of the cruise. Murano is now $50pp. I think Tuscan Grille is $45pp. I am not sure which Sp restaurants are on Reflection.

You should be able to board by 11:30. if you are among the first to board, the buffet may not be too crowded. Bistro on 5 is a good place to dine on the first day but it does cost $7pp.

Welcome to Celebrity.

We have a premium drinks package , where will be able to get a decent cup of coffee and is it feasable to get a coffee to take in to eat with your meals . i.e is it close enough to be drinkable

thanks

al Bacio is the best spot for coffee. You can get it for take out. You can ask your waiter to bring it to you. Free with Premium Package.