Help-Transfer Barcelona port to airport

GrammyE

I've just been told by my TA that my transfer from ship to airport booked with cruise line is waitlisted! Even though it has been paid for, we are waitlisted. She will know more on Monday. So, now I need advice just in case. I've heard of Viatour car service. Anyone used this or can you recommend another service. I'm concerned about having to get a taxi as our flight is 10:45 am.

Well part of the problem is that flight is too early. Be aware that the taxis will not start to pick up until 7:00. We tried to get one at 6:45 and despite literally hundreds of taxis lined up, they would not start until 7:00.

The airport is 20 minutes from the port. If you get a taxi by 7:30-8:00 you'll have plenty of time to catch your flight. When I was there- there was a long line for taxi's and you'll have to wait maybe 20 minutes. So don't think you'll walk right off the ship and get in the taxi. It costs about 30 Euros for the taxi.

There are many private car services that you can use, and they may even cost less than a taxi. Try sun transfers, they've been recommended on cruisecritic.

I know people that have used viator and been very happy with them. Hope this helps

We always use BCN Travel and are very happy with them.

A standard car for 4 people is €48. If you have a lot of luggage you want to take a 7 seater van which is €69.

You will probably find this cheaper than 3 people on a cruise line transfer. It is also much more pleasant.

Edited by RollieUK

I've just been told by my TA that my transfer from ship to airport booked with cruise line is waitlisted! Even though it has been paid for, we are waitlisted. She will know more on Monday. So, now I need advice just in case. I've heard of Viatour car service. Anyone used this or can you recommend another service. I'm concerned about having to get a taxi as our flight is 10:45 am.

I'm very surprised the ship transfer is "waitlisted" as this isn't usually a great option to get to BCN..taxi or private car is...We have preferred a taxi.

We always use BCN Travel and are very happy with them.

A standard car for 4 people is €48. If you have a lot of luggage you want to take a 7 seater van which is €69.

You will probably find this cheaper than 3 people on a cruise line transfer. It is also much more pleasant.

We too use the same company mentioned above (bcn travel)and they always have been waiting for us at the port terminal even when we arrived earlier than the reserved pick-up time. Last may there were only the two of us but they showed up with a van.

Another good and reliable company is Suntransfers, we have used them on several occasions, from the airport to hotel or ship v.v.

We too use the same company mentioned above (bcn travel)and they always have been waiting for us at the port terminal even when we arrived earlier than the reserved pick-up time. Last may there were only the two of us but they showed up with a van.

Another good and reliable company is Suntransfers, we have used them on several occasions, from the airport to hotel or ship v.v.

I want to use sun transfers, but I have a question and can't find a way to email them. There are 4 of us, each with a suitcase and carryon. Their website says the car for 4 has room for 4 MEDIUM bags and 4 carryon s. I want to know what size they consider as medium. Any idea how to email them?

Thanks!

I want to use sun transfers, but I have a question and can't find a way to email them. There are 4 of us, each with a suitcase and carryon. Their website says the car for 4 has room for 4 MEDIUM bags and 4 carryon s. I want to know what size they consider as medium. Any idea how to email them?

Thanks!

Their email address is info@suntransfers.com

Yes, I am really surprised about it also. Anyway, when my TA applies my final payment on Monday, she will inquire about it again. In the meantime, thanks to everyone on the boards, I feel more comfortable knowing taxis and the recommended car services are easily available.

I'm in the same boat -- I've been told the transfers are unavailable, and I'm on a 10:45 flight. The RC website actually lists the earliest flight as 9:00a, so I wasn't too worried about 10:45. Also, my child and I are usually easily able to self- disembark.

So I'm scouring the web as well!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our flight is 10:45 also. Do you know if you self disembark, do you have to take all your luggage yourself, or will they still pick up the big pieces the night before?

For self-disembarkation you need to be able to take all your luggage yourself.

I know someone mentioned the fare might be more if you need something larger than a regular taxi, but I was wondering if anyone knew approximately how much more? Also, do people in groups of four with cruise luggage (and maybe needing a larger vehicle) generally have to wait longer than the ones in groups of two? About how much is the fare to the airport (terminal T1 if it matters) these days - maybe 30 or 35 euros?

I know there are different terminals for Barcelona port, but I don't remember whether the cab lines are for multiple ships that might be in town that day, or just the one you're leaving. Would anyone know? I think there are around 4200 potential cruisers from other ships disembarking the same day our 700 pax are, so I'm trying to figure out about how much time it will take to get a cab once we get off the ship.

Also, just curious: Assume many of you are talking about RCL. Do you have to take off your own luggage unless you purchase a ship's transfer? Is that how it works?

Edited by roothy123

I just discovered that RC has a contract with limores, a private car service that is available for the trip from port to the airport. It is pricy ($131) but you get to pick your specific time to be picked up and you get a Good measure of peace of mind -- I know I have a lot more now. You can access the service directly through the RC website.

I chose 7:00a for our pickup time for our 10:45a flight -- we're in a GS, so we have a lot of flexibility on disembark time.

I just discovered that RC has a contract with limores, a private car service that is available for the trip from port to the airport. It is pricy ($131) but you get to pick your specific time to be picked up and you get a Good measure of peace of mind -- I know I have a lot more now. You can access the service directly through the RC website.

I chose 7:00a for our pickup time for our 10:45a flight -- we're in a GS, so we have a lot of flexibility on disembark time.

That price is more than twice as much as a private car service!!! :eek: . Is this for two people? Cruiselines charge per person rather than per car.And generally over charge.

Edited by eandj

I know someone mentioned the fare might be more if you need something larger than a regular taxi, but I was wondering if anyone knew approximately how much more? Also, do people in groups of four with cruise luggage (and maybe needing a larger vehicle) generally have to wait longer than the ones in groups of two? About how much is the fare to the airport (terminal T1 if it matters) these days - maybe 30 or 35 euros?

I know there are different terminals for Barcelona port, but I don't remember whether the cab lines are for multiple ships that might be in town that day, or just the one you're leaving. Would anyone know? I think there are around 4200 potential cruisers from other ships disembarking the same day our 700 pax are, so I'm trying to figure out about how much time it will take to get a cab once we get off the ship.

Also, just curious: Assume many of you are talking about RCL. Do you have to take off your own luggage unless you purchase a ship's transfer? Is that how it works?

The extra cost if you take a larger, van style, taxi is €2.10 per journey.

You may have to wait longer until a larger vehicle becomes available. There is no way of knowing. You could be lucky and get one straight away. There will be an official there to allocate you to the next available taxi suitable for your needs.

On a weekday after 8am the fare to the airport is about €30-35. You will pay more before 8am and at weekends.

There will be a line of taxis at each terminal. There are plenty of taxis in Barcelona and a lot of them like these fares from the cruise terminals to the airport in the morning.

You only have to take off your own luggage if you are doing self disembarkation. If you have a regular, early slot they will take your luggage off and you collect it in the terminal. You don't need to take their transfer for this.

As I have said before, your best option is to get a pre-arranged 7 seater van for €69 if there are more than 4 of you or if you have a lot of luggage.

Edited by RollieUK

It is expensive, I agree -- even as total cost for two persons. That being said, looking for one at this late date, another car service turned down my request and another quoted a similar price.

If disembarking on the Equinox, how far do you have to go for the taxi line? Are there lines for each ship that comes in?

As I said before, there will be a line of taxis for each ship. The taxis are just outside the terminal.